The Off-Year & Special Elections Thread

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Mar 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been listening to a few podcasts which have mentioned, in some form or another, that 45 makes decision with his "gut." And not just political decisions, but business decisions as well, going back several years. Additionally, he seems to feed off tangible things, like building a wall or an embassy, or actual numbers. Or seeing large crowds. But the more abstract issues, like negotiating a nuclear de-escalation agreement, are too abstract for him.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  2. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pennsylvania:

“One of the defeated Democrats even tried to hustle and run a write-in campaign to win the Republican nomination at the last minute, in southwestern Pennsylvania, because there were no Republicans running. It was an unopposed site. And so, he thought that, “Well, if I can get 10 votes or whatever, then I can get this nomination.” And that’s how desperate the establishment was here to cling to power, that they would do something so disgraceful to them, as these longtime Democratic partisans, as try to get the Republican ballot. That failed.”

https://www.democracynow.org/2018/5/16/a_wake_up_call_for_dems

3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That actually sounds like a good idea, I guess I have to read the article to see why it failed.

Man, I should run as a republican in my district, would get my ass whopped in the general, but hey, I could say I was a candidate.

4. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Say outrageous things and get a radio or TV gig after you lose in a rigged election.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do the same in my district? No way. I have a BigSoccer reputation to uphold. ;)

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Really? I would have expected a festering mass of E. coli and half digested Big Macs could do a better job than what we have seen so far.