The Obligatory US vs ES Roll Call Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Nothus, Oct 9, 2002.

1. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    What's up with payment? C2it? PayPal? Check? King Cash? E-mail me when you're ready for me to send in my money.

2. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'll be there + a few behind the goal w/ YA and La Norte. Probably the only safe(ish) place to be.

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    Re: How do I get 2 seats in Sam's section?

i'd recommend against sam's army... they aren't for unified support, they don't do anything for creating a home atmosphere... give la norte a try

4. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

this is a very good idea... we have had one snare and one bass drum all year in section 8... no matter the size

you don't want to drown out the voices, and we always have well over 100 people in the area... so you don't need tons of drums

5. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    It's King Cash at match day. Tickets are $20 apiece. I'll be sending out E-mails and posting to BigSoccer specific details during the next week or so.

Sachin

6. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Well, it's a friendly and a good time to experiment with multiple drums, if we have them, IMHO. If we don't, it's OK.

Sachin

7. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At USA v Mex in Jeonju, we had I think a grand total of 6 drums in the section. The loudest and synched section of US fans I've ever been involved in.

But quite a few wouldn't know, cuz you wuddn't there. But you heard on TV....

8. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, did you mean to come off sounding cocky and arrogant that you were in korea or is that just me? You make it sound like your **** don't stink because you were in Korea or somethin. I'm sure we all would have been there if we could.

Maybe it's just me tho.

10. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saved up.

Multiple drums in the section works, that's why. The feeling I got from reading this thread is that only one drum works or that there should only be one drum.

All you have to worry about is whether or not the drummers can keep up. In Jeonju they did.

So quit being the victim.

My s*** does stink. Steak and eggs for breakfast does that.

Next.

11. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's nastiness. who's the victim?
    I think you can have multiple drums, as long as they're all playing off of one main beat or playing off one another. Also, I don't think Sachin was making it sound like "it's gonna be the way it's always been and nothing else", they're just used to one drum in La Norte. Otherwise, should be good times.

12. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You adjust. If more people are involved in the party, change happens. That may mean more drums, maybe a trumpet for once (ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A TRUMPET?????) more chants in Spanish or in English. You must be flexible and evolve or it ain't worth s***. That's why I preferred standing in 120 for the Uruguay match with the ESC bhoys that were there. Willing to sing more, get worked up. Yet they didn't do INS songs or other stuff. Kept it somewhat clean AND dirty.

Remember, you can insult people without having to use INS or deportation chants.

I'll give examples:
    Quintanilla chingooooooon
    Quintanilla chingooooooon
    Sos un hi jo de poota
    La poota madre que te parioooo

Chaski knows this tune:
    ;)
    Y ya lo veeeee
    Y ya lo veeeee
    Te chingaremos otra veeeeez

I'm sure others know the tune or most of the words.

Easy. No INS, no deportation, no nuthin. Just as insulting.

Duh.

13. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adjust to what? I'm not saying that it's bad to adjust. Spontaneity is the best part of it. I was in 120 for the Uruguay match too, and it was a damn good time and we were very loud. I hope you'll be in 120 this time around too. The INS chants are said here on BS and that's about it. I'm not saying they're right or wrong, just that nobody will probably start them. Plus, a couple of the songs in spanish you mentioned are better left in spanish, cause i assure you that they wouldn't get started in english, that's for sure. It's stupid to be arguing about it anyway, we can talk all we want but nobody knows what's gonna happen come game day. Only thing for sure is that i'll be there with beer and flag.

14. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    can anyone translate??

15. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big Soccer won't let you. It has to deal with Eliseo Quintanilla,that they're losing, the "f" word, a mother, and a b***h. That's all I can give you without gettin carded.

16. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    thanks, I think I get it.

17. glove

glove New Member

Mar 20, 2001
    gaithersburg,md
    Whatdya figure walk up tickets will run anyone have an idea on how many tickets have been sold?

18. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Depends on where you sit. The cheapest seats are $22 and you take your chances with your neighbors.

If you want to stand and sing with the USA supporters, tickets are $20, available from me, but I only have a few left. As it stands, we'll have more than 100 people in our section. If you want a ticket, send me an E-mail. The link is at the bottom of this message, below the sig lines.

Sachin

19. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to weigh in. I will be sitting with the good folks of La Norte for this game. And, the old man will be joining me.

20. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rock on...rock on.

21. GTFO 121

GTFO 121 New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    DC
    Nothus? What are you talking about "our" stadium? you suipport the "Kansas Wizards". Go to hell! Jamison from NYC, if you do believe what you preach then get in contact with the email address attached to this user name. CHEERS and good luck Jamison, looking forward to seeing you at the game even if you are a MetroStars fan.

22. Nothus

Nothus New Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy there, killer. We're both US fans, this is a US game, therefore RFK is "our" house. I "suipport" the Wiz because I grew up in "Kansas" and until recently lived in the KC area. I've stood with La Norte for two US games, and attended a good number of DC games as a neutral fan this year (I'll be in the DC area for quite some time, so I'm trying to get to know the home team).

I guess I'll see you at the game then, jackass.

23. Luis Chavez

Luis Chavez Red Card

Jul 11, 2001
    burke, va
    NO Disrespecting other USA fans in this borad please, We should be unite as one, espcially For this game and many others,
    LETS GO US
    LETS GO US
    LETS GO US

24. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I guess I should chime in here...not on this part of the board often but I'm certainly going to be in La Norte for this one and eager to lead if need be.

Coming from Chicago, I might be able to bring flags...will they be allowed in RFK if we can manage?

Anyway, I'll be there.

25. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hala - flags are allowed, but it's always a good idea to check first. You might want to pm Ed the Red about what he did to bring his flag in for the Uruguay game.