Alert: The NT Players Performance and Ratings Thread 2012/2013

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Aug 26, 2012.

1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DiMaria is limited and inconsistent. On his day you don't know which side of him you will get. I'll take any of our players over him.

2. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you really bump the thread for average performances?

3. morgan07

morgan07 Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Offensively Khedira had a hand on the second goal and involved in quite a lot of attacking plays, almost set up Ozil for 1 v 1. Ozil yet again got his regular assist at Camp Nou, run for opening, dribbled, almost set up Higuain/Ronaldo from counter, I think offensively he's stronger in 2nd half as us more active in attack. Defensively both were immense. Both did great job for the win, not average by any means.

Dage repped this.
  4. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed, they were both excellent, just like the whole team. Özil's output in the Clasicos has improved so much in the last year. He's assisted the last three goals in the last two meetings and recovered the ball many times. Madrid are coming into form at just the right time with the United match approaching. Great to see Sami and Mesut doing so well so consistently.

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oezil's stamina is worlds apart from what it was when he initially joined Madrid.

You can now look back at his clasicos and assess that he's been very good in those matches, drastically different from his first encounter when he was completely out of his element.

odd1234 repped this.
  6. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He's inconsistent but when he's on form he's unstoppable. He doesn't do well in Mourinhos system as he used to but he's bounced back now. Probably one of the most creative and adaptable wingers on the planet.

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well Dortmund prove today that moving back to playing with a striker might not be the best idea as they couldn't even score a goal in Lewa's return...Loew should just stop even calling Strikers up, they obviously don't work.

8. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ehh..not really a good conclusion. Dortmund struggle without knowing how to adjust tactically. Hummels too important for team but also Dante-Martinez are unplayable so they can close out matches quite easily despite only scoring one.

Klopp needs to do some work.

9. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Klopp needs to buy a striker who can perform if Lewa is not. Once i saw scheiber coming in I just closed the game because nothing was ever happening.

10. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Schieber had a good chance in the 92 min to equalize. The cross was just an inch too high for him to score.

11. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sure, talk just about Dante-Martinez and ignore the importance of Schweinsteiger and Kroos, especially Schweinsteiger who showed Gündogan today how it's done but I guess that's why you don't even name them.
    You act like it would have been different with Hummels as if its his job to controll the midfield. The game wasn't different in the Hinrunde with Hummels, just that Dortmund had some more luck in the end.

12. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yea I heard, it didn't happen so I rest my case. I don't know what Klopp was thinking, but clearly, this team needs more depth.

13. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    They dont have the budget to have more depth. They buy young promising players and turn them into stars. Leitner and Bittencourt and eventually Dudziak, Guenter,Ducksch and Sarr are the ones BVB are hopeful will become very good players and improve the depth.

14. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I mentioned those two for context, because they weren't there last season and are a major reason for how Bayern are looking this season.

And your implications are based on pure paranoia. Are you a pro-gun person by any chance?

15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's not bring politics into this.

16. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I want to create a valid comparison. An irrational fear fueling paranoia brought into a debate. It's the only way I can possibly rationalize such a ridiculous implication.

17. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The difference to last season is Schweinsteiger in form and Kroos as AM which makes Bayern a lot more compact and gives them midfield controll. That's why it's weird to mention Dante/Martinez who just replaced Boateng/Gustavo and don't change too much tacticaly while Kroos instead of Müller changes the whole midfield dynamic for Bayern and Schweinsteiger's importance is anyways obvious.
    So yes I get "paranoid" if you fail to mention the best players on the pitch while you praise Özil and Khedira for average performances. I think it's kinda obvious to everyone that you have a hard time in saying good things about Bayern's players or god forbidd, to mention it when you were wrong.

18. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm sorry if you fail to see the difference between Dante/Martinez and Boateng/Gustavo. The gulf in quality is quite evident.

I have a hard time saying good things about Bayern players? Do you have ANY evidence of this at all? I just praised Dante and Martinez. I praised Alaba numerous times this season in your forum and constantly defend Bayern in others.

And what do Oezil and Khedira have to do with this? You are so desperate to have a black and white narrative where it's Bayern against everyone else that unless someone's argument suits your agenda, the other is perceived to be an antagonist.

I raised the pro-gun metaphor because gun nuts collect loads of weapons out of an irrational fear of a large, inevitable perceived threat but ultimately one that isn't factually possible to prove. Similarly you are perceiving a threat from not mentioning players that you have defined to suit your narrative but is ultimately a vague one because it doesn't exist within the realms or reality, nor can you prove it if you are asked.

19. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's a gross misrepresentation of most gun owners.

20. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm talking specifically about gun nuts who stockpile on weapons to prepare for a large-scale threat and also often use it as an excuse for "hunting", not the average and responsible one or two gun owner who could care less about the above.

21. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    My great grandparents had that same inclination, they are now ash somewhere in western europe.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dafaq did I just read here? Joe Biden and Ted Nugent over here...settle down.

odd1234 repped this.
  23. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    It's repeated over and over because it's both convenient and subjective. And while discussing the topic at hand, which is the current CL campaign, it is really the last argument that should be used. Podolski has done more than just score in the CL. He has been Arsenal's MOTM on several occasions, defended well, and linked nicely with Cazorla, Giroud, and Gervinho. Don't take my word for it, check the Arsenal boards, if you happened to have missed these matches (which you enjoy commenting on).

No, you didn't. You danced around the topic in your usually verbose manner, but at no point did you provide a coherent answer to the question at hand.

24. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You implied that being pro-gun was equivalent to being a gun-nut, which is a common occurrence. It's annoying cause I'm very much pro-gun despite not owning a single weapon myself. But whatever, it was a pointless aside and we shouldn't waste more time on it.

On to how stats absolutely require context to be of any use, especially with a sport as difficult to quantify and measure as football. How drastic an effect things like role, team style, situational impact (protecting low scores v chasing in shoot outs, the specific matchups with opposition, and over smaller sample sizes dumb luck. Stats can easily be misleading in this sport and it is visually and tactically that players are best assessed.

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And that's where you're wrong.

Again, wrong because you're implying a transformation or difference from what we've seen or know about him. Nothing has changed with him really.

Nice try. I'm not stupid and you shouldn't pretend to be either. I gave you the answer. In fact, don't try to belittle me by removing context from the conversation because that's what the entire Podolski debate is about. Doing so and resorting to a black and white retort (success or not, world class or not, etc) and using extremes is the most dangerous thing you can do to derail it. That's exactly what you're doing.