"The Norwegian Wonderkid"- The Official Welcome Martin Ødegaard Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Azing article and just confirming for me what I already know. This kid had elite mentality and I see some traces of Cristiano in him. He seems like the hardest worker in the room and he's already the most fit athlete in Sociedad.

Can't wait to see him back here, at the age of 22. I usually never get excited and thoroughly go into the hype (Vinicius, Rodrygo) but I'm having thoughts that this kid might be a legend for us.
    And to think that he might fulfil a starting spot for 10 years is so gratifying.

2. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

This is some beautiful sorcery. I wish we had this in Madrid right now.

Nvm, there'd be nobody in the penalty box to get it. Why have this stuff when you can cross 70 times into the box Every. Single. Game?

3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    There are rumors circulating around that both City and United want Odegaard, probably nothing there and there is no deal to be made.

4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    odegard.jpg
    Shows his quality nicely. Not only his movement is spot on, but also his initial positioning and timing of runs .

This is exactly what is non-existent in our squad. Outside of James and Benzema - who sacrifices his depth, our mids don`t do this. Instead Modrić, Kroos and co. position themselves flat. Which is why the end result in such case as above would be pass to the width instead of depth. Meaning no creativity, no tempo, no danger and peachy situation for opponent to defend.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Well we know Odegaard plans on staying with Sociedad for another season so we will have to count on other players.

By the time his loan is over he should be walking into a starting position for us at 22.

MerlinRM repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Said perfectly.

Sometimes I wonder what people are watching when they rip Benzema for his movement and always dropping deep.

If Benzema doesn't we are stagnant. Kroos, Modric and Casemiro rely on him to need to drop, open space and create pass lanes and triangles.

When we look back at Benzema's career and how much he had to sacrifice his game for others... smh...

Deep Pal, BjornH, Varnagel and 2 others repped this.
  7. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and when he does that.. we have no striker.. thats the problem. just closed circle.

8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent article.

I know he says he plans to stay at Sociedad for the 2 years of his loan. Nonetheless, if he manages to sustain his current form all year long (unlikely of course), then we need to force the hand and bring him back. He’s playing at a world class level at the moment.

9. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    That's why I have been saying to use him behind Jovic.

10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    The issue with that being Hazard and Vin. Albeit, i have said many times before i would try Hazard, Benzema and Jović trident. Or maybe even this:

Jović - Benzema
    Hazard ------------------- James
    Casemiro - X
    p.s: shit, i forgot about Welsh prince. :mad:

Yannick Relens repped this.
  11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema sacrifice a lot, but also sacrifice the striker position. It is not his fault though.
    He's passionate about helping the team, so that's good.
    It's up to management to solve why he keeps dropping, so yes, playing him behind jovic is perfect it just means that you sacrifice Eden or bale (or change the formation to accommodate both), none of these things (formation change or playing benzema behind a striker) are going to happen, so we are going to continue and suffer up front

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    So how about we not rely on Kroos and Modric any longer as a midfield because their movement isn't the best and they can be liabilities with turnovers on bad passes.

If we had midfielders who spaced themselves better and made more proactive passes, we wouldn't need our forward to continually drop deep just so we can move our play forward.

Varnagel repped this.
  13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1113 Digital, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    So do people really think that Benz, with different players who “move” will play in the box more?, I just cannot see that, it’s not his style, IMO, no matter who is playing in midfield Benz will roam , he always has, we were lucky to have a player who was as prolific as Ronaldo next to him to take up that space,

I cannot for the life of me see Benz change the way he plays, I simply don’t buy into all this sacrifice talk, it’s just who he is and the way he plays, we need a real striker to play up top with him, no matter if we have the most mobile midfield in the world, my thought, but, as per normal, to each his own.

I actually want to add, I think it might make it even worse as far as Benz is concerned if we had more “mobile” mids, he likes to come out and play so much that I think with all these players moving he’d relish coming out and dropping deep even more, he likes to get very involved with the build up, whether deep or wide, this might look like heaven to him, and i can’t see that kind of movement encouraging him to be more “static” ( play more in the area) plus he more often than not prefers the ball to feet not making runs so much.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Bruh, you aren't a fan of Benzema, judge him harshly and don't like giving him credit when he does well...

Anon. and Varnagel repped this.
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1179840717956538368 is not a valid tweet id

Deep Pal, BjornH, sneakking and 14 others repped this.
  16. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It will be very interesting to see how things go from here. He drew the attention, and the pressure of expectations is starting to build. Expectations of similar performances or better. How he deals with this pressure is going to be extremely important.

Deep Pal, Digital and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He'll be fine. As a player he's making good progress. The constant projecting of him into the current lineup is what's bugging me. Let him become his own guy and bring his own thing to the team.

hala_madrid722 and BjornH repped this.
  18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont expect player of the month awards regularly and this has been a strange start to the season with Messi out injured, Hazard's slow start, etc.

I doubt he continues at this pace but that shouldn't be a knock on him. At his age I still expect ups and downs but if he stays next year I would look at his consistent level and not his "peak."

Lyra and BjornH repped this.
  19. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yeah @fierro is spot on I think he over achieved in his first debut month in La Liga, but I`m both happy and excited for him with the La liga award for September. However Real Soeciedad need to rely on his creativity if they have any chance to reach Europe qualification end of this 2019-20 season. And their squad is not that deep at all so they need to avoid injury at all cost and they have one already in the Bilbao game.

20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Deep Pal, HZinho, BjornH and 2 others repped this.
  21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hmmmm I watched the first half of that game, it was so boring IMO I didn’t bother to watch the second half, lots of passing the ball around and back outside the box by Spain and Norway mostly just sitting deep defending, and long hopefull balls forward to King, those numbers look good but watching the actual football was a completely different thing, nothing and no one in particular stood out for me in the half that I watched, but, good stats for him

J-Mezzy and madridista_hr repped this.
  22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why nobody's talking about the game or raving about his performance. There's nothing to take away.

Those are "Kroos" stats anyway, but isnt he supposed to be one of the "stars" on that team. Literally hyping the bare minimum.

23. Ontnr

Ontnr Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Meh he played very well, 2nd best player on the field per whoscored, but nothing crazy (always stupid titles on these videos)

24. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    It was not Spain best games even with two hits in the post - many had an off game for Spain especially Dani Ceballos and he was subed out. Although I have a notion that Spain will play a better game already on tuesday and they need more time about team chemistry and it had nothing to do with Martin Ødegaard player performance as the youtube title which is silly. Spain miss many retired players like Xavi Hernández who was very good for Spain back in the days. :)

25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I only watched one half, nothing particularly interesting happened, no player stood out IMO, all looked rather mediocre, and was very boring to watch.

BjornH repped this.