"The Norwegian Wonderkid"- The Official Welcome Martin Ødegaard Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yet some thought it would be a great idea to spend €60M (!) On him.

2. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can't wait for that Kubo/Odegaard partnership :inlove:

BjornH and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  3. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not a 2 year loan deal but a one year loan plus an unwritten option for a 2nd year.

BjornH, Shay Z, HZinho and 1 other person repped this.
  4. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    BjornH, MiamiNative0722 and ImadEdd repped this.
  5. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then it's a 1 year loan deal. :ROFLMAO:

Real's website says it's a loan for one season. So yeah, he's there for the season unless we don't want to have him back next season at which point he'll probably have a say as well if he wants to continue there or not.

7. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    Loans are only permitted for 1 year max in Spain. There is a gentleman agreement for two seasons.

S1na, Shay Z and BjornH repped this.
  8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Odegaard with another fantastic display, kid should have came home this year.

Chinky24 repped this.
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope this player does well but i’m not sure what you are seeing in particular here, he literally gives the ball away about 7 times in these clips, the “intent” looks good but the execution isn’t the best IMO , personally i’m happy he is gaining experience in a stronger league with RS, also I know you can only beat what’s in front of you but, no disrespect, it’s Malta

10. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    #960 Drouchk, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    I’m looking at the chances he created for his teammates and his willingness to drive the ball up, make positive forward passes and take risks with through balls ; he lost the ball a few times because again he is willing to take risks, I guess he could play it a safe and recycle possession all day like Kroos to pad his stats but that’s not what I want in our future midfielders, I’d rather have our mid have 80% passing completion and 2 assists than 100% with none.

you’re right that Malta aren’t world beaters but I’m not basing my opinion based on this game alone, I’ve said that he should be back at Madrid back in April , as you can see here.

D689EA66-6E8A-47D2-A342-151E8BC182E5.jpeg

BjornH repped this.
  11. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    #961 BjornH, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    I agree with @Digital he had some obvious mistakes, but he could have 2 assist with some good bounces and from his corner with a perfect set piece. But overall Ødegaard was our best player this evening, and Sander Berge was very good too and scored his first goal on the national team.

I felt Ødegaard is adjusting after the Bilbao game which he and the whole team struggled. And I hope it involves to use both of his legs more often later in this LA liga season. It will be a fun game against Sweden on sunday then A. Madrid at home for Real Sociedad who have 3 wins so far. J. Felix vs M. Ødegaard! :)

And Ramos scored on penalty so most from Spain is probably happy this evening! ;)

12. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you for this. I know I appreciate rational people who are not Madrid fans coming here and giving us some non-biased feedback, not trolls or unloved children who come in with an agenda.

I also think Odegaard, from the games I've watched, is comfortable dictating his own pace of a game (note how his touches dictate the play onto his more comfortable left foot, pivoting in or out, before he looks for the next pass or movement) and this will grow and cement as he develops into adulthood. I feel like this will be amazing (combined with set pieces) in some games, but I think other teams who may be prepared for this especially vs. Real Madrid, he may have to adjust his play style and start using his other foot as well, and/or take on some Ozil aspects to his productivity. There may be more potential in his vertical game as he looks for take-on's and breakthrough dribbles - I definitely look forward to your thoughts because you've watched more of him than I have!

13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I second this.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    :D

Shay Z repped this.
  15. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Papa Neymar is like Don Al Capone compared to these street punks.

16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1172934892038086656 is not a valid tweet id

Drouchk repped this.
  17. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This kid is special. I hope he turns into a world superstar one day with us!

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  18. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Time to eat crows for me.

I rambled about him during pre season. Saying that if we loan him, he must not be that good in the eyes of the board.

My twitter timeline is filled with praises about him. I prefer to stau silent in my case because I said some stupidities weeks ago that I am not proud of :ninja: No insult but more like bad analysis.

madridista_hr and Drouchk repped this.
  19. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    I really wanted Odegaard back this season (but was ridiculed by a few on here who didn't think he was good enough) but I'm glad he's doing well.

Bring on next season.

Drouchk repped this.
  20. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    One of those times youre glad to be proven wrong i bet . He was always special, only reason he wasn't hyped is because he already belonged to us, if he was playing for Ajax there'd be 70 mil bids for him.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I must be in the twilight zone because you were begging for VdB while I was saying we would be crazy to spend €60M on VdB when we have the better player in Odegaard.

raven3k, J-Mezzy and Drouchk repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't remember anyone being ridiculed for wanting Martin or Kubo.

The ridiculing was for those wanting VDB

23. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If I remember correctly, some were asking for him to be sold for like 20 mil [emoji28]

Hsain85 repped this.