"The Norwegian Wonderkid"- The Official Welcome Martin Ødegaard Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Ready for the next step"

LOL he's so far behind other players his age its not even funny. For players like Sancho and Vinicius "the next step" is a starring role in a big club playing CL football never mind guys like Mbappe and Sterling who are already there. For Odegaard its to see if he can hack it at Getafe or Valldolid.

2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getafe may be in the Champions League next season. Awkward.

3. AD Sportwereld "Team of the Year":
    [​IMG]

-Reivax-, PigBenis, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That was purposeful. Also I'm hoping that friendly relationship with Vallodolid/R9 will provide a destination where we can send players on loan (and hopefully with the boost in talent qualify for Europe and give our "loanees" another platform).

Either way it would be a step down from a permanent move to City, PSG, etc., where other players his age have been able to establish themselves.

5. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Ödegaard should just leave Real Madrid and go to Ajax or somewhere else where he can play for a top club. I don't think he will ever be part of Zidane's long-term plans if we're being honest. Never thought I'd say this, but I actually agree with @fierro. How can Ödegaard be compared with top talents if he hasn't done anything in a top league or at least in Champion League?

6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He’ll be better than Asensio for sure.

7. Voetbal International's "Team of the Year"
    [​IMG]

8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1129453505343827973 is not a valid tweet id

Anon., BjornH and Halycon repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Asensio was pretty bad this year, but let's not act like he wasn't a brutally efficient impact sub before. To this day, Asensio has done a lot more in top football circles than Odegaard.

PigBenis, Serengeti_Boy and Eddie repped this.
  10. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looks like he's playing Modric's role?

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course he’s done a lot more that doesn’t need to be said. But for me, it would be poor principle to keep youngers who regress as much as he has if there’s no signs of improvement.

I’d OK with giving Asensio another season but it’s a tight rope imo.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Asensio and Odegaard don't play the same position. Also, the primary reason we should move Asensio on because he will eat up minutes we could play Vinicius, Brahim or Rodrygo.

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    And Brahim as well . Asensio has been a complete ghost this season with zero signs of desire to succeed. We dont need players like taking a roster spot and minutes from other hungrier players

14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Anyone who’s played football at any level has had a teammate like Asensio.
    He is the type of player that shines only when things are going well for the team as a whole but disappears when the going gets tough, he’s not someone you’d rely on to take charge, he just doesn’t have that mentality. He’s only as good as his team.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Talk about prisoner of the moment.

16. Well, and that's exactly the field in which MO showed tremendous progress. Leading Vitesse by example, fighting when the circumstances called for it and delivering on his wish/promise to be decisive for the team this season.
    From a kid at Heerenveen he matured into an adult player keen to be responsible for the going on the pitch.

Drouchk repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, but he was responsible for mediocrity, while Asensio gave another option to excellence.

18. I've no opinion on Asensio, as I donot watch him play. However going by the comments in here about him I get the impression he's a player that shines in the wake of others making the waves.
    Like a cyclist making speed behind the top cyclists, being sucked along because of their air displacement.
    But let me put it this way. Zidane played in Algeria as a kid and a scout reported about him that he saw a kid that played as if he had hands in stead of feet.
    So that scout spotted excellence in him in an environment that was below mediocre.
    How would history of the last two decades of Real Madrid be if that scout and the club were of the opinion that the below par surroundings of him were the signs of what Zidane's qualities really were?

19. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Why Ajax of all teams in Europe - not that premier league fit his style, but Serie A have at least better teams overall in that league and players. There are some players from Liverpool who who are not good enough for pool, but play with us in A.C Milan. I still dream that A.C Milan can get that buy back deal with Flo, and he get some europe competition as well, and a huge value boost. Martin and Lucas Paquetá would be fun to watch next season. :)

Yeah I understand that @ElCapitánSR4 , but all players in his age need big minutes and he should not get it yet as long Moderic play at least another season with Real Madrid as he should.

20. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Madridistas how has Brahim been

21. BESA

BESA Member

Real Madrid
    Germany
    Apr 13, 2019
    Odegard deserves starting spot in Madrid, simple as that i have said many times, his vision and passing is second to none. Excellent dribbling and defensive contribution. He is what we are missing, someone who can filter passes, find strikers and generate more from midfield since Modric, Isco, Kroos are in-existent,

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would even consider making him the captain, he's that good.

Stiliyan, PigBenis, AriGold and 3 others repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Captains spot is reserved for Rabiot

24. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Ødegaard in the first half with a goal and 2 assist. His first assist was incredible!

Saeta Rubia and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1130915223903166464 is not a valid tweet id

The vision

madridista_hr, PigBenis, Drouchk and 3 others repped this.