The Norway thread

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Bauser, Jul 1, 2015.

1. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    I SOOOOO want to see a video replay of the 9/4/18 NOR-NETH entire match but cannot find it anywhere :cry: Actually, I need to be patient because sometimes replays take awhile to become available/be posted ; so, I will be patient! If someone finds one, PRETTY PLEASE post it here to be watched - full game if possible:D

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So a norwegian newspaper reports that Ada has unfriended her former team mates on insta and face

3. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    It must be a slow news day :confused:

59Amerinorsk and blissett repped this.
  4. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    The match on NRK - if you can get through the geoblock.

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  5. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    Thanks much, Bauser, for trying to help me! Unfortunately, here is what I got:
    upload_2018-9-12_9-3-9.png
    Here is hoping somehow someone can find a way to get it posted (even at a later date) to YouTube, etc. I will just be patient.

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you could try adding this free downlead
    http://hola.org/
    than go back to the game link, then click to Hola;s pin

7. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    Thanks, hotjam2, for the suggestion but no success. I will just wait and see......

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I have no idea why Minde's wasting her time at Wolfsburg... should go to a club where she plays regularly..

9. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    I found this today on NRK website - I hit translate button so please do not blame me if the translation is inaccurate :p
    Hegerberg: - I'm stamped as a primadonna
    Ada Hegerberg (23) explains how she herself experienced the reactions after the landslide.

upload_2018-9-16_10-33-8.gif
    HER FOR LYON: Ada Hegerberg is hunting for another championship title for Lyon this season. Here in action against Andreia Rosa de Andrade and Avaldsnes 12 September.

PHOTO: JAN KÅRE NESS / NTB SCANPIX
    Sindre Murtnes@murtnesJournalist

Mikal Emil AaserudJournalist
    Published today at. 8:47 updated 45 minutes ago

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+Share on Email
    "It was very interesting when the theme came up because I was stamped as a primadonna that I put myself in front of the team. There was a lot of talk about ego, and it's really taken out of context and is completely wrong, says Hegerberg to SVT .

The Lyon striker said no to the national team in the wake of the EM fiasco last summer. In the grounds she listed a number of critical points against NFF .

At the same time, Hegerberg explained the landslide in a series of interviews, and other national players have reacted strongly to several statements .

New discussion
    NRK has previously written that, in particular, one statement, to Aftenposten , the player group responded:

"I always feel that I've been a worse player when I've gone home from a collection, and so it should not be," said Hegerberg.

The player group should have felt that this proves that the 23-year-old also blames them for dropping national team games and players expect a regret before a possible return of Norway.

The national team was again a topical issue when Norway qualified for the World Cup in France.

The case goes on.

World Championships: The Norwegian players celebrated the qualification for next year's World Cup after the 2-1 win over the Netherlands in the Group Finals.

PHOTO: TERJE PEDERSEN / NTB SCANPIX
    When NRK met Hegerberg in connection with the championship battle against Avaldsnes last week, the 23-year-old admitted that the national debate is tiring .

However, she did not want to comment on the matter further. Nork has succeeded in contacting Hegerberg on Sunday.

- What is required for you to play national football again? ask SVT.

"I have already informed the national team management about it, so it's going to retrieve details," answers Hegerberg.

- No more to say
    There has been no progress since Hegerberg took the choice, according to then top football manager and current sports manager for the national team, Nils Johan Semb.

"I only know the press release where she explains why she does not want to play for the national team. After that, she has stated that national team games are out of order, Semb reports to NRK.

Hegerberg has already stated that Norway's World Cup ticket does not change the situation. She still chooses the election.

- The situation is the same. There is no more to say. That's something I've been thinking for a long time. In order to move on, it (the decision) was important to take. When it is pulled up, it will never be a point, says Hegerberg to SVT .

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  10. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    NFF have rapidly scheduled a friendly against fellow World Cup qualified neighbours Sweden on October 4th. The match will be played in Helsingborg, Sweden.

blissett and sbahnhof repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, probably at that same time they had planned to have to schedule a play-off match? :laugh:

12. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Matchday 18 of Toppserien. Goals galore this weekend.

Røa vs Vålerenga 2-1
    1-0 Ina Skaug 6
    1-1 Isabell Herlovsen 41
    2-1 Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir 48

Arna Bjørnar vs Stabæk 6-2
    1-0 Vilde Bøe Risa 2
    2-0 Maria Brochmann 15
    2-1 Carlotta Fennefoss 22
    3-1 Vilde Bøe Risa 28
    4-1 Amalie Eikeland 39
    5-1 Maria Brochmann 56
    6-1 Maria Brochmann 62
    6-2 Andrea Wilmann 81

Avaldsnes vs Kolbotn 0-0

Grand Bodø vs Klepp 3-5
    1-0 Vilde Fjelldal 13
    1-1 Zaneta Wyne 27
    1-2 Tameka Butt 50
    2-2 Vilde Fjelldal 51
    3-2 Dajana Spasojevic 56
    3-3 Zaneta Wyne 59
    3-4 Hege Hansen 74
    3-5 Hege Hansen 89

Trondheims-Ørn vs Sandviken 3-3
    1-0 Emilie Bragstad 4
    2-0 Julie Adserø 11
    2-1 Ajara Njoya 76
    2-2 Ajara Njoya 84
    2-3 Ajara Njoya 90
    3-3 Sara Fornes 91
    RC: Nora Gjøen (GK, Sandviken) 56

LSK Kvinner vs Lyn 2-1
    0-1 Anna Westerlund (own-goal) 15
    1-1 Emilie Haavi 62
    2-1 Ingrid Kvernvolden 65

toppserien2018_18.jpg

TOP SCORERS
    18 - Guro Reiten (LSK Kvinner)
    14 - Ajara Njoya (Sandviken)
    13 - Maria Brochmann (Arna Bjørnar)
    12 - Sophie Haug (LSK Kvinner)
    11 - Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir (Røa)
    10 - Hege Hansen (Klepp)
    9 - Karina Sævik (Kolbotn)
    9 - Linn Huseby (Lyn)
    8 - Amalie Eikeland (Arna Bjørnar)
    8 - Andrea Wilmann (Stabæk)
    8 - Julie Adserø (Trondheims-Ørn)
    8 - Sherida Spitse (Vålerenga)

NEXT MATCHDAY
    21 Sep: Stabæk vs LSK Kvinner
    22 Sep: Sandviken vs Arna Bjørnar
    22 Sep: Lyn vs Kolbotn
    22 Sep: Klepp vs Trondheims-Ørn
    23 Sep: Grand Bodø vs Røa
    13 Oct: Vålerenga vs Avaldsnes

13. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    It would be a bit cocky to schedule a friendly against Sweden on that date before the match against the Dutch. ;)

It's an international date, so there would have been a game within that time frame anyway.

blissett repped this.
  14. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Martin Sjögren has announced his squad for the friendly against Sweden in Helsingborg (Oct 4):

Goalkeepers
    Ingrid Hjelmseth (Stabæk)
    Cecilie Fiskerstrand (LSK Kvinner)
    Aurora Mikalsen (Kolbotn) NEW

Defenders
    Ingrid Moe Wold (LSK Kvinner)
    Maria Thorisdottir (Chelsea)
    Marit Bratberg Lund (Kolbotn) NEW
    Kristine Leine (Røa)
    Maren Mjelde (Chelsea)
    Kristine Minde (Wolfsburg)

Midfielders
    Guro Reiten (LSK Kvinner)
    Vilde Bøe Risa (Arna Bjørnar)
    Frida Maanum (Linköping)
    Ingrid Engen (LSK Kvinner)
    Therese Åsland (Røa) NEW

Forwards
    Synne Skinnes Hansen (LSK Kvinner)
    Lisa-Marie Utland (Rosengård)
    Emilie Haavi (LSK Kvinner)
    Caroline G. Hansen (Wolfsburg)
    Isabell Herlovsen (Vålerenga)
    Sophie Haug (LSK Kvinner) NEW
    Emilie Nautnes (Arna Bjørnar) NEW

With the World Cup spot already in the bag, Sjögren has decided to give five new fresh faces a chance.

- Aurora Mikalsen (b.1996) likely brought in as third choice goalkeeper. May be a hint of things to come in France next year. Good season at Kolbotn.

- Marit Bratberg Lund (b.1997) is a left-footed, versatile defender who has done well for a surprisingly good Kolbotn this season. She is particularly good at crosses into the box.

- Therese Åsland (b.1995) is a two-footed attacking midfielder and one of the most creative players in Toppserien. She is highly ranked on assists every year, but always been overlooked in selections. Now finally picked.

- Emilie Nautnes (b.1999) is a speedy winger from Arna-Bjørnar who has really improved this season. Strong runner with the ball and lately also a good dribbler (Goal vs Lyn recently). I think she might be the closest thing to Caro Hansen in Norway at the moment.

- Sophie Haug (b.1999) is a powerful centre-forward who has scored a lot of goals in Toppserien. She is certainly the player you aim for in the box when you cross the ball in. Many people will say it was about time she was picked.

59Amerinorsk, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  15. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    News in the category of equality in the game. As we know, FIFA does not want to compensate clubs in woso when players are on international duty, but things are now slowly changing at least in Scandinavia.

Toppserien's main sponsor OBOS will pay all clubs 75000 NOK (roughly € 8000) per player selected in World Cup squads next summer. For a club like LSK Kvinner it could mean extra income in excess of € 50000.

OBOS is also the Swedish Damallsvenskan's sponsor, so their clubs get the same benefits.

Source: VG

sbahnhof, 59Amerinorsk and blissett repped this.
  16. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    For all Toppserien devotees out there: The Bergen derby match at Stemmemyren between fourth placed Sandviken and third placed Arna Bjørnar was covered live on NRK today. Now also available abroad.

59Amerinorsk, sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  17. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Matchday 19 of Toppserien. Only four out of six matches were played. The match between Klepp and Trondheims-Ørn was postponed because T-Ø's flight to Stavanger was canceled due to bad weather. Vålerenga vs Avaldsnes is re-scheduled to after the international break due to Avaldsnes' Champions League match in France. That was decided long ago.

Stabæk vs LSK Kvinner 0-2
    0-1 Sophie Haug 11
    0-2 Ingrid Kvernvolden 29

Lyn vs Kolbotn 0-1
    0-1 Jessica King 7

Sandviken vs Arna Bjørnar 1-1
    0-1 Emilie Nautnes 6
    1-1 Kennya Cordner 35

Grand Bodø vs Røa 1-3
    0-1 Rebecka Holum 5
    0-2 Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir 8
    1-2 Dajana Spasojevic 80 (pen)
    1-3 Therese Åsland 90

toppserien2018_19.jpg

TOP SCORERS
    18 - Guro Reiten (LSK Kvinner)
    14 - Ajara Njoya (Sandviken)
    13 - Maria Brochmann (Arna Bjørnar)
    13 - Sophie Haug (LSK Kvinner)
    12 - Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir (Røa)
    10 - Hege Hansen (Klepp)
    9 - Karina Sævik (Kolbotn)
    9 - Linn Huseby (Lyn)
    8 - Amalie Eikeland (Arna Bjørnar)
    8 - Emilie Nautnes (Arna Bjørnar)
    8 - Ingrid Kvernvolden (LSK Kvinner)
    8 - Andrea Wilmann (Stabæk)
    8 - Julie Adserø (Trondheims-Ørn)
    8 - Sherida Spitse (Vålerenga)

NEXT MATCHDAY
    13 Oct: Vålerenga vs Avaldsnes
    --
    20 Oct: Lyn vs Stabæk
    20 Oct: Arna Bjørnar vs Røa
    20 Oct: Avaldsnes vs Sandviken
    20 Oct: Trondheims-Ørn vs Vålerenga
    21 Oct: LSK Kvinner vs Klepp
    21 Oct: Kolbotn vs Grand Bodø

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In your opinion, in the last matches still to play in the league, there is any that could pose a threat to LSK-Kvinner in their run for the "perfect record" of an all-wins season? :coffee:

19. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    LSK's three remaining matches:

- Home vs Klepp (2nd place)
    - Away vs Sandviken (4th place)
    - Home vs Røa (6th place)

The first two matches are potential pitfalls, especially if LSK make it to the next round of the CL and might want to rest some key players in Toppserien. In addition, LSK also play a cup semi-final against Røa in mid-October, so the fixture list is getting packed.

In Norway it's a big deal to finish top 3 in the league because you receive medals (gold, silver, bronze) which means LSK's first two opponents will be very motivated to beat them.

20. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    #1295 Bauser, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    It's time for a round-up of Norwegians abroad again.

SWEDEN
    June Pedersen
    and Andrea Norheim are currently leading Damallsvenskan with Piteå three points ahead of Rosengård with four matchdays to go. Yesterday they beat Djurgården away 1-0. Pedersen has started 16 matches this season, Norheim 11 and a further six as substitute. Both have scored three goals.

Lisa-Marie Utland started for Rosengård yesterday in the 3-0 win against Kristianstad, but didn't score. Utland struggled with game time earlier in the season, but has been on the field in 16 matches (11 as sub) and scored four goals. She also has three assists.

Frida Maanum is now a regular starter for Linköping currently in fifth place, eight points behind leaders Piteå. Maanum scored a hat-trick recently in the Champions League. She has four goals and three assists from midfield in Damallsvenskan so far.

Injury-prone full-back Ingrid Ryland has played 8 matches this season for 8th placed Djurgården.

GERMANY
    Wolfsburg with Caroline Hansen and Kristine Minde have started the Frauen-Bundesliga with two easy wins. Yesterday 5-0 away to Essen. Caro set up a nice headed goal for Nilla Fischer. Minde has started both games on the bench and was subbed in late against Essen for her first appearance this season. She did start in the Champions League game against Thor though.

FRANCE
    Ada Hegerberg
    is topping the scoring charts in France with six goals after four games. She scored a hat-trick this weekend against Paris. Andrine Hegerberg was not on the field or the bench when PSG beat Montpellier 3-0 away. She has featured earlier in the season, but for some unknown reason she was in Oslo this weekend. PSG and Lyon are joint leaders in the league.

ENGLAND
    Maren Mjelde
    and Maria Thorisdottir have started their Chelsea season with three goalless draws. Mjelde is a regular starter, but Thorisdottir has yet to play a minute in the league. She started and scored a goal against Sarajevo in the Champions League though.

A bunch of players have come home recently:

Andrine Tomter (FC Twente to Vålerenga)
    Ingrid Schjelderup (Fiorentina to Vålerenga)
    Ingrid Spord (Fiorentina to Sandviken)
    Ingvild Isaksen (Juventus to unknown destination. Knee-injury and Juve didn't want to extend her contract. Understandable given her history of injuries.)

21. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    From NFF website - Norway travels to Japan for friendly in Nov:

October 4, Norway is playing against Sweden in the first part of preparations for next year's World Cup. In November, preparations will continue with a new tough challenge. Then Japan is waiting away. Japan won the World Cup in 2011 and was a losing finalist four years later.

"Japan is a very good team. It's a type of opponent we do not meet so often and that plays a little differently. It will be interesting to travel there and meet a top opponent from another continent. There is a lot of interest there, so it will be a nice frame around the match, "said Martin Sjögren, national manager.

"With Sweden first and then this match, it will be a good match against two strong opponents and a nice start to what's in the world cup preparations," says Sjögren.

The match will be played at Tottori Bird Stadium on November 11 at 2 pm.

sbahnhof, Lechus7, Bauser and 1 other person repped this.
  22. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    Does anyone know if Thorsnes is through with NWSL?

23. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    She struggled with injuries all the time over there and is back in Norway recovering now. I've heard no news on a new club though, so she could be returning to Utah next season for what I know.

24. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    LSK Kvinner drawn against Brøndby in the next round of the Champions League. Given the field of possible opponents, Brøndby were probably the best outcome.

= = = = = = = = = = = =

The recently postponed match of Toppserien due to a canceled flight, was played a few days later:

Klepp vs Trondheims-Ørn 1-0
    1-0 Tameka Butt 72

Klepp consolidate the second place behind LSK seven points in front of Arna Bjørnar and Sandviken with three matches to go.

= = = = = = = = = = = =

So it's Japan away in November. Looking forward to that fixture. Norway haven't played a match in Asia since early 2013. All our 8 previous matches against Japan in history have been played on neutral ground; Algarve, World Cups or Olympics.

Last two meetings were both at Algarve:

6 March 2017:
    Norway 0 - 2 Japan
    Yokoyama 59,89

6 March 2013:
    Norway 2 - 0 Japan
    CG Hansen 8, Hegerberg 16

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I remember well that game: we were surprised by then young and relatively unknown Hansen and Hegerberg, who had a brilliant match, but our team was a patchwork of debuts or out-of-position players.

Now that I think about it, the upcoming match promises to be quite as much experimental as that one, since coach Takakura expressed the intention to call many U-20 players, to test their level after they've won U-20 WWC.