The Norway thread

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Bauser, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    WCQ in Dublin
    Rep. of Ireland vs Norway 0-2
    0-1 Lisa Marie Utland 21
    0-2 Lisa Marie Utland 61

Line-up (4-4-2): Ingrid Hjelmseth - Ingrid Moe Wold, Maren Mjelde (c), Maria Thorisdottir, Synne Skinnes Hansen - Caroline Hansen (Vilde Bøe Risa 70), Frida Maanum, Ingrid Engen, Guro Reiten - Lisa-Marie Utland (Elise Thorsnes 76), Isabell Herlovsen (Synne Jensen 89)

Maanum (1999) and Engen (1998) must be the youngest central midfield partnership in international woso among teams of a certain level. Gaining valuable experience now.

Yes, we still have a good chance. Five goals against Northern Ireland doesn't scare me. NI are a poor team and we could have had just as many goals with normal efficiency. On the other hand, we've scored two against Rep of Ireland in one game, that's what the Netherlands could score in two games. :) But we need to do our job against Ireland next week and also away against Slovakia to set ourselves up for the decisive match in Oslo against the Dutch in September. It could potentially be the biggest qualifier we've played as long as I can remember. Intility Arena has a capacity of around 17,000. It would be nice if we could muster at least 10,000 for that match.

59Amerinorsk and blissett repped this.
  2. thedexeter

thedexeter Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Jul 6, 2015
    Ada's not to blame for her refusal to swim after NFF destroyed the bridge. My only concern would be:

No one denies NFF's complicit in the destruction of the bridge. However, there seems to be a willingness to mend the bridge and extend the olive branch for possible real change on the women's side of NFF. She won't afford a simple discussion with NFF about a path forward? That's a bad look for Ada, from an outside perspective.

In regards to her relationship with Martin Sjögren and the chemistry of the team, I'm not close to the situation but it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility for Ada and the team to mend those bridges as well.

This whole situation becomes quite unfortunate when analyzing the possibility that Ada will not go to France in 2019. I fear her absence will tarnish the legacy of an otherwise outstanding career. However, there's a lot of mileage between now and 2019 - I remain optimistic that this situation will be resolved by then.

3. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    ...what? The NFF aren't really in a position to extend any olive branches, their reaching out is basically this:

...but, since this discussion sprang out of @59Amerinorsk's translation of an unlinked NFF article, I decided to hunt the article in question down: it's this, which actually seems to be a fairly defensive response to this piece which is very critical towards the NFF.

Moreover, there's a severe mistranslation here:
    What the Norwegian text actually says is something like this:
    So the NFF have not at any point (that I can see) actually invited Ada to discuss a path forward. They just want her back.

She, on the other hand, does not seem inclined to come back anytime soon; the UWCL final was aired on Norwegian TV so of course Jan Åge Fjørfoft (Sunnmøring, also way out of line) asked her about the NT, and Ada (Nordmøring) promptly shut him down.

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  4. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    Just to clarify: I hit the translate button while on the NFF website (vs. me doing the translating). I do not speak Norwegian, unfortunately. Good though that AndyHE pointed out this important mistranslation :D

5. thedexeter

thedexeter Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Jul 6, 2015
    Of course they want Ada back, is this even a question? My only point with the "olive branch" comment was to mend their broken relationship. From an outside perspective, there's this unhealthy attitude of dismissal that surrounds this situation.

The two translations don't appear radically different from each other. Both speak to, "a dialogue," to discuss Ada's future. You contradict yourself by citing the statements that point to a dialogue by saying:

They have invited her, twice...

Even if the dialogue was an, "I want you back," scenario and that's all it was, we'll never know what the NFF had to say because Ada dismissed even a simple dialogue. Which, I'll stand by my earlier statement, it's not a good look for her, especially from an outside perspective.

I don't understand how she's going to achieve real change for women in regards to the NFF from the outside, if that's her goal, and maintaining an air of dismissal about her in regards to the issue. The USWNT wants more equality in their program too, they didn't just quit the team - they're still fighting from the inside. This seems a more proactive approach, rather than just not dealing with the issues.

6. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    WCQ in Stavanger
    Norway vs Republic of Ireland 1-0
    1-0 Caroline Hansen 25(pen)

This was a frustrating game. Sjögren experimented with Haavi as left back from start. He obviously didn't expect Ireland to have the ball much. Thank God for the early penalty goal. I fear we could have faced a nightmarish goalless draw otherwise. For the penalty sequence, I thought the Irish defender destroyed Caro's ankle for a moment there. She already plays with a broken finger and of course her thigh problem from the CL-final and her recurring knee-problem in mind. The list goes on and on. But Caro scored the important winner from the spot. The Irish parked the bus and Norway couldn't find solutions to break through. Norway hit the post twice following corner-kicks. The quality of passing was generally subpar. Bad precision and lots of unforced errors as they say in tennis. This caused Ireland to be dangerous on a couple of counter-attacks. Hjelmseth came up big in injury time with a great save. But a deserved win and six points in two games. Mission accomplished for now.

Line-up (4-4-2): Ingrid Hjelmseth - Ingrid Moe Wold, Maren Mjelde (c), Maria Thorisdottir, Emilie Haavi - Caroline Hansen, Frida Maanum (Vilde Bøe Risa 64), Ingrid Syrstad Engen, Guro Reiten - Lisa-Marie Utland (Elise Thorsnes 61), Isabell Herlovsen

The remaining two matches:
    31 Aug - Slovakia (away)
    04 Sep - Netherlands (home)

Norway qualify directly to the World Cup with wins in both games.

59Amerinorsk, blissett and thedexeter repped this.
  7. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The first implies they wanted her involved in deciding how the NT goes forward; the second just says they want her back in the team. That's a massive difference in meaning. Also, the first one would probably be a really unhealthy approach because you don't want a 22-year-old, no matter how big a star, to have that much influence with the team.

You keep repeating that she should open a dialogue just because the NFF keep nagging her, and ...really? Should a girl sleep with a guy she already turned down because he won't leave her alone and keeps creeping on her (or vice versa)? I'm fairly sure the NFF didn't contact Isabell Herlovsen every couple of months to get her to move back from China when she had her recent NT break.

She kept trying from the inside for years without results: she's been fairly vocal about these things since joining Lyon, at the very least (that's when the media really started interviewing her). Her leaving was the proactive thing to do; there's been more progress in the months since she left than there has been the last couple of decades. I listed some of what's been happening a couple of posts ago. So from my position on the outside her current approach seems to be working!
    The NFF would be better served just getting their house in order; I'm sure Ada can manage to find someone to contact if she decides to make herself available again.

Your USWNT analogy isn't a particularly apt one, really: the NT vs. league dynamics are too different between the US and Europe.
    If you want comparisons, you should rather look to the Spanish WNT who finally got their coach fired after the Canada WC (he'd been in charge since 1988, basically just collecting a paycheck, and their best forward wasn't playing because of him), the Irish WNT threatening to strike in order to get better conditions earlier this season (they had to change in airport bathrooms and use gear from the boys' youth teams) or the Danish WNT who actually did go on strike in their match against Sweden earlier in the qualifier because of a payment dispute. Or even Norway a few years back, when a bunch of Røa players withdrew because of then-coach Bjarne Berntsen.

8. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Haavi did well, I think!

A larger problem is what Calle Torp remarked on in commentary. Even though Sjögren's changed his formation from the EC, we wind up with both Reiten and Hansen pulling inwards from their outer positions in a 4-4-2 and get clogged up in the middle, and it's easy for Ireland to just fort up in/around the box.

9. thedexeter

thedexeter Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Jul 6, 2015
    The linguistic liberties that you take in interpretation of these two texts is massive. They essentially exclaim the same meaning but syntactically are written different; but I'm not here to argue semantics.

Influence in what way? Ada's already considered one of the best forwards in the world, has been named to many all world starting XI's by many publications. She holds Champions League scoring records and a top 5 Division 1 Féminine all-time scorer. She has massive influence with the team from jump whether the NFF like it or not. Yes, she's 22 years old, time to take off the kid gloves - she's an adult and fully capable of making tough and important decisions.

Asking twice for a dialogue is nagging? This isn't some shitty two crown romance or daytime soap opera, this is business. A business is well within their rights to try and secure their most important asset.

I take no issue with her initial decision to leave, if it works - it works. However, in my opinion, you can have more influence from within rather than from without. My issue is NOW; it's worked - the NFF is listening to you and what is your response? To not have dialogue and ignore them? Not especially productive or conducive to change.

Alright, I'll take your European challenge on board:

For the Spanish WNT, it's not as if Quereda was fired because their best player quit the team. He was fired for a multitude of reasons: Spain crash out in group stage play at world cup, players WITHIN the Spanish national team do media rounds explaining why Quereda needs to go, the team release a letter calling for his job.

Yes, the Irish WNT threatened to strike collectively, the federation listened and then a DIALOGUE was opened and change occurred. Same with the Danish national team. I don't know enough about the Røa situation to comment on it.

As I've said previous, I take no issue with a team on strike or a player that quits to open a federation to change. But now you have their ear, what are you going to do now? Ignoring twice a call for dialogue is not a good look.

I could be wrong, I'm not infallible nor am I immune to my mind being changed on issues. And I don't pretend to be close to the situation between Ada and the NFF. All I can comment on are the optics.

All of this depresses me quite heavily, in truth. I'm a massive Ada/Norway fan, that's why I'm active on this board and argue with passion in this regard. The prospect of Ada not in France 2019 crushes me. And the air of dismissal that surrounds this situation is unfortunate but maybe it'll work and we'll get to see Ada in 2019 - fingers crossed.

10. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    The whole Ada conflict is just sad. The more we dig into it, I think Martin Sjögren is the problem, not NFF. The fact that he is not selecting Ada's sister Andrine is a bit odd as well. I've never been Andrine's biggest fan, but with all the established midfielders we've lost recently (Gulbrandsen, Mykjåland, Stensland..), there is no way she could be overlooked as a squad member at least. But Sjögren is selecting teenagers instead. Ada's post-match interviews in the Euros last summer when she wouldn't comment on the coaching was a bit revealing. There seems to be bad chemistry between Sjögren and the extrovert and demanding Hegerbergs. When asked about Ada in the media, Sjögren can sound conciliatory, but that is because he knows Ada won't return as long as he is in charge. Just my two cents.

59Amerinorsk, blissett and thedexeter repped this.
  11. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    I appreciate the vigorous discussion about NWNT above. My thoughts:
    a. I want Ada back. :thumbsup:
    b. I have endured not having C. Pedersen for years on the NWNT and it sucks.:cry:
    c. Andrine not playing is indeed odd. We can speculate several reasons.:confused:
    d. Is Ada the only player that feels this way if it is the coach? What is it about the coach?:unsure:
    e. Norway has managed to perform pretty well (one hiccup - the Portugal game but the Aussies lost to them, too). Our only losses in recent history: a 4-3 to Australia and the tie was broken in stoppage time and to Holland 1-0 in stoppage time. My point is with Ada added to the mix, Norway becomes that much more dangerous (Ada and Caro are so young - that combo could be lethal as it grows). It is frustrating that NWNT is this close to being a contender. :cautious:
    f. Guro Reiten is so impressive and is only getting better. How many crossbars/woodwork has she hit recently? And top scorer in the Norwegian domestic league. :cool:

blissett and thedexeter repped this.
  12. thedexeter

thedexeter Member

Washington Spirit
    United States
    Jul 6, 2015
    #1237 thedexeter, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    I always wondered what happened to Cecilie Pedersen after Euro 2009 and why she wasn't called back. I don't get to watch her in domestic league because it's hard for me to get hold of live streams. Mostly I only watch when Norwegian teams get into important Champions League matches. I watched the Barcelona match, I was glad to see. :thumbsup:

13. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    Here is my plea to Ada:

Stokstaartje95 and thedexeter repped this.
  14. 59Amerinorsk

59Amerinorsk Member

Chicago Red Stars
    Norway
    Mar 31, 2017
    Question to those with knowledge:

Is Minde injured? Isaksen?

15. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Minde was in the squad against Ireland, so I guess she is ok. If anything, it's minor. But Isaksen once again has knee problems. She had to sit out the last part of the season with Juventus and needs surgery again. Her new goal now is to get ready for the World Cup.

16. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    The international break is over. Now back to basics and Toppserien's Matchday 10 played yesterday:

Klepp vs LSK Kvinner 0-2
    0-1 Elisabeth Terland 71 (own-goal)
    0-2 Tuva Hansen 80 (own-goal)

Grand Bodø vs Stabæk 0-3
    0-1 Cornelia Fladberg 74
    0-2 Andrea Wilmann 77
    0-3 Andrea Wilmann 89

Vålerenga vs Røa 2-1
    1-0 Maren Hauge 5
    1-1 Ina Skaug 10
    2-1 Ingrid Schjelderup 18

Avaldsnes vs Arna Bjørnar 1-0
    1-0 Francielle Alberto 50 (pen)

Trondheims-Ørn vs Kolbotn 2-2
    0-1 Nora Eide Lie 40
    0-2 Karina Sævik 52
    1-2 Malin Sunde 67
    2-2 Maria Olsvik 69

Sandviken vs Lyn 6-0
    1-0 Camilla Ervik 30
    2-0 Amanda Perez 34
    3-0 Ajara Njoya 53
    4-0 Amanda Perez 65
    5-0 Tatiana Matveeva 80
    6-0 Ajara Njoya 87

toppserien2018_10.jpg

TOP SCORERS
    12 - Guro Reiten (LSK Kvinner)
    10 - Sophie Haug (LSK Kvinner)
    7 - Lisa Naalsund (Arna Bjørnar)
    6 - Hege Hansen (Klepp)
    6 - Andrea Wilmann (Stabæk)
    5 - Karina Sævik (Kolbotn)
    5 - Synne Skinnes Hansen (LSK Kvinner)
    5 - Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir (Røa)
    5 - Julie Adserø (Trondheims-Ørn)
    4 - Emilie Haavi (LSK Kvinner)
    4 - Hanne Kogstad (Klepp)
    4 - Kennya Cordner (Sandviken)
    4 - Ajara Njoya (Sandviken)
    4 - Ingrid Schjelderup (Vålerenga)

NEXT MATCHDAY
    23 Jun: Kolbotn vs Avaldsnes
    23 Jun: Stabæk vs Klepp
    23 Jun: Røa vs Sandviken
    23 Jun: Lyn vs Trondheims-Ørn
    23 Jun: Arna Bjørnar vs Vålerenga
    24 Jun: LSK Kvinner vs Grand Bodø

thedexeter and blissett repped this.
  17. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    The third round of the NM Cup played today and yesterday.

Klepp vs Øvrevoll Hosle (L2) 2-0
    Hansen 87, Kogstad 90
    Stabæk vs Sandviken 0-1
    Njoya 44
    Fløya (L2) vs Kolbotn 1-5
    F: Nergård 23 - K: Holmen 3, Sævik 22, Lund 30, Johansen 86,87
    Lyn vs Vålerenga 2-5 (a.e.t.)
    L: Hasund 7, Lillegård 114 - V: Herlovsen 90,117, Ildhusøy 99, Reinås 103, Markussen 104
    Arna Bjørnar vs Avaldsnes 3-2 (a.e.t.)
    AB: Brochmann 84,94,105 - A: Jøsendal 44, Cho 112
    Røa vs Byåsen (L2) 11-0
    Skaug 8,10, Johnsen 26(og), Gudmundsdottir 12,28, Åsland 33,52,88, Holum 35,57,66
    Grand Bodø vs Trondheims-Ørn 1-2
    GB: Jensen 83 - TØ: Adserø 5, Melhus 87
    Innstranden (L3) vs LSK Kvinner 1-7
    I: Kirkesæther 70 - L: Engen 2, Bachor 19, Reiten 53, Kemppi 67,82,91, Haavi 90

blissett and thedexeter repped this.
  18. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    #1243 Bauser, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Matchday 11 of Toppserien played this weekend:

Lyn vs Trondheims-Ørn 2-3
    0-1 Elen Melhus 10
    1-1 Joanna Bækkelund 19
    1-2 Julie Adserø 67
    2-2 Runa Lillegård 89
    2-3 Julie Adserø 90
    It seems to be a habit for Lyn this season to concede match-deciding goals in the dying seconds. Too many to call it a coincidence.

Arna Bjørnar vs Vålerenga 3-2
    0-1 Anne Lise Olsen 1
    1-1 Emilie Nautnes 18
    2-1 Maria Brochmann 22
    3-1 Amalie Eikeland 43
    3-2 Sherida Spitse 49
    RC: Ingrid Stenevik (AB) 48
    Vålerenga keep losing. Couldn't even win in numerical advantage nearly half the game. Isabell Herlovsen keep wasting chances and is a huge disappointment this season. Bad for Vålerenga, bad for Norway's NT too.

Stabæk vs Klepp 0-1
    0-1 Tameka Butt 78
    Stabæk's homeground Nadderud was once a fortress. Now everybody can show up and take three points.

Kolbotn vs Avaldsnes 2-0
    1-0 Ina Gausdal 7
    2-0 Karina Sævik 38
    Strong win by one of the positive surprises in Toppserien this season, Kolbotn. Sævik's goal excellent. What now Avaldsnes?

Røa vs Sandviken 3-2
    0-1 Karoline Bakke 4
    1-1 Rebecka Holum 47
    2-1 Stine Hovland 58 (own-goal)
    2-2 Ajara Njoya 64
    3-2 Ragne Svastuen 67
    Sandviken's run of eight straight wins ended. A goalkeeper howler by Nora Gjøen gave Røa the win. Cameroon striker Njoya on the score-sheet for the fifth game running (including cup match).

LSK Kvinner vs Grand Bodø 2-0
    1-0 Cecilie Falch 45 (own-goal)
    2-0 Guro Reiten 81
    Surprisingy low scoreline when top met bottom of the league. May be LSK had mercy.

toppserien2018_11.jpg

TOP SCORERS
    13 - Guro Reiten (LSK Kvinner)
    7 - Julie Adserø (Trondheims-Ørn)
    6 - Hege Hansen (Klepp)
    6 - Karina Sævik (Kolbotn)
    6 - Andrea Wilmann (Stabæk)
    5 - Synne Skinnes Hansen (LSK Kvinner)
    5 - Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir (Røa)
    5 - Ajara Njoya (Sandviken)
    4 - Maria Brochmann (Arna Bjørnar)
    4 - Amalie Eikeland (Arna Bjørnar)
    4 - Emilie Nautnes (Arna Bjørnar)
    4 - Emilie Haavi (LSK Kvinner)
    4 - Hanne Kogstad (Klepp)
    4 - Kennya Cordner (Sandviken)
    4 - Ingrid Schjelderup (Vålerenga)

NEXT MATCHDAY
    30 Jun: Trondheims-Ørn vs LSK Kvinner
    30 Jun: Sandviken vs Stabæk
    30 Jun: Klepp vs Kolbotn
    30 Jun: Grand Bodø vs Arna Bjørnar
    01 Jul: Vålerenga vs Lyn
    01 Jul: Avaldsnes vs Røa

Avaldsnes, now in deep trouble with a relegation play-off spot looming, will represent Norway in the Champions League qualifiers in August. Avaldsnes will play Sporting Lisbon (Portugal), Dragon (Macedonia) and Osijek (Croatia). Group-winners enter the first round of the CL.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am impressed at how bad the traditional powers in Toppserien did this year. As you rightfully said, it can be worriyng in a Norway NT perspective also.

Meanwhile, the title is virtually a no contest, with LSK-Kvinner running away with it and not even having to work hard for that. :coffee:

20. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Matchday 12 of Toppserien played this weekend, the last before the summer break. Toppserien starts up again in early August.

Klepp vs Kolbotn 2-1
    0-1 Maren Johansen 9
    1-1 Elisabeth Terland 11
    2-1 Hege Hansen 90

Sandviken vs Stabæk 1-3
    0-1 Synne Jensen 3
    1-1 Ajara Njoya 22
    1-2 Andrea Wilmann 27
    1-3 Guro Bergsvand 54
    Big set-back for Sandviken losing for the second game running. LSK now 12 points in front.

Trondheims-Ørn vs LSK Kvinner 2-3
    1-0 Rakel Engesvik 30
    1-1 Synne Skinnes Hansen 36
    2-1 Julie Adserø 39
    2-2 Guro Reiten 41
    2-3 Guro Reiten 43
    LSK lost heavily away at Ørn last season. Tough also this year, but they keep their 100% record going.

Grand Bodø vs Arna Bjørnar 0-4
    0-1 Maria Brochmann 23
    0-2 Helene Gloppen 51
    0-3 Melisa Hasanbegovic 52 (own-goal)
    0-4 Helene Gloppen 57

Vålerenga vs Lyn 6-1
    1-0 Isabell Herlovsen 8
    1-1 Mimmi Löfwenius 35
    2-1 Sherida Spitse 45 (pen)
    3-1 Joanna Bækkelund 54 (own-goal)
    4-1 Marie Dølvik Markussen 64
    5-1 Sherida Spitse 74
    6-1 Marie Dølvik Markussen 80
    After impressing in the early stages, Lyn look like a tiring bottom team now. They won't have much vacation either as seven of their players will take part in the U19 Euros in July.

Avaldsnes vs Røa 2-2
    0-1 Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir 6
    1-1 Daiane Santos 64
    2-1 Gaelle Enganamouit 67
    2-2 Rebecka Holum 86
    Entertaining game swinging back and forth. Avaldsnes also missed a penalty.

toppserien2018_12.jpg

TOP SCORERS
    15 - Guro Reiten (LSK Kvinner)
    7 - Julie Adserø (Trondheims-Ørn)
    7 - Hege Hansen (Klepp)
    7 - Svava Ros Gudmundsdottir (Røa)
    7 - Andrea Wilmann (Stabæk)
    6 - Karina Sævik (Kolbotn)
    6 - Synne Skinnes Hansen (LSK Kvinner)
    6 - Ajara Njoya (Sandviken)
    5 - Maria Brochmann (Arna Bjørnar)
    5 - Sherida Spitse (Vålerenga)

NEXT MATCHDAY
    04 Jul: Arna Bjørnar vs Avaldsnes
    --
    03 Aug: Lyn vs Avaldsnes
    04 Aug: Kolbotn vs Sandviken
    04 Aug: Røa vs Klepp
    04 Aug: LSK Kvinner vs Vålerenga
    04 Aug: Stabæk vs Grand Bodø
    05 Aug: Arna Bjørnar vs Trondheims-Ørn

59Amerinorsk, thedexeter and blissett repped this.
  21. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    One match in Toppserien played today. It was a game originally scheduled for later in the autumn, but because of Avaldsnes Champions League adventure, was re-scheduled. Some really good goals in this game. A-B are a mystery team. Sometimes they turn on the show and look like world beaters, and other times they look like a level two team. This was a good day - but Avaldsnes are a mess. How are they going to cope in Europe? They could potentially fall down to the relegation play-off spot if teams around them win the games in hand.

Arna Bjørnar vs Avaldsnes 4-1
    1-0 Amalie Eikeland 5
    2-0 Maria Brochmann 30
    2-1 Maria da Silva 56
    3-1 Vilde Bøe Risa 60
    4-1 Karoline Haugland 90

- o - o - o - o - o - o -

In other news...

Norway's squad for the U19 European championship (July 18-30) has been selected by coach Nils Lexerød. It's the backbone of the squad that was a penalty shoot-out away from beating Germany in the U17 semifinals the other year. One major set-back is LSK Kvinner's promising central defender Malin Brenn who is out for a year with a knee-injury.

Goalkeepers
    Linn Mari Nilsen - Kaupanger
    Karen Sneve - KIL/Hemne

Defenders
    Vilde Gullhaug Birkeli - Røa
    Elise Stenevik - Arna-Bjørnar
    Joanna Bækkelund - Lyn
    Camilla Huseby - Lyn
    Malin Sunde - Trondheims-Ørn

Midfielders
    Thea Bjelde - Arna-Bjørnar
    Noor Eckhoff - Lyn
    Elisabeth Terland - Klepp
    Linn Huseby - Lyn
    Elin Åhgren Sørum - Trondheims-Ørn

Forwards
    Andrea Norheim - Piteå
    Jenny Olsen - Lyn
    Sophie Haug - LSK Kvinner
    Emilie Nautnes - Arna-Bjørnar
    Runa Lillegård - Lyn

Three more players will be added 5 July.

22. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The aforementioned Euros are underway, and Norway beat Spain 2-0 in the first match!

NFF will be streaming the second match against France tomorrow at 15:00 CEST. This link kind of looks like it could get updated with the livestream, if not the new link should pop up at fotball.no tomorrow.
    https://www.fotball.no/nfftv/?mid=e5549baa-00080501-56186749

thedexeter and sbahnhof repped this.
  23. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    So yea, the stream wasn't geoblocked, but UEFA requires this (despite not sending the match themselves...?). So there will be no stream at all, as they couldn't implement a geoblock on short notice.

24. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Greetings. Are there any livestreams available for the Norway v. Slovakia and Norway v. Netherlands World Cup qualifiers? Thanks.

25. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    NRK will be airing both, so they'll also stream on https://tv.nrk.no/direkte (tonight's match is at NRK2, tuesday's on NRK1). This will probably be geoblocked, though, so you may need a VPN to convince your computer that it is, in fact, in Norway.

Direct link to the match (there's a list below with other matches): https://tv.nrk.no/serie/fotball-vm-kvalifisering-kvinner/MSPO30800518/31-08-2018