THE North London Derby - November 18th, 2017 - The Arsenal vs. THEM - Official Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BIGHMW, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Iwobi is so great, how come he doesn't play great?

(I like him, tbh)

2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sanchez crowds him not had the opportunity to play regularly with laca who makes the right runs

3. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll get plenty of pt when Alexis effs off to PSG this summer.

4. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He was there to make up numbers in possession. Reminds me of a younger, more attacking Ramsey - gets into good positions consistently, good technically, sometimes makes good decisions, but still have growing pains. If he gets playing time and doesn't screw up, he'll be a star.

The sorcery he uses to create a yard of space is unreal.

daedalus, Serengeti_Boy and DutchCane repped this.
  5. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The alternatives right now are Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez.

6. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Here's a tempest in a teacup. Some douchenozzle at the Daily Heil wrote this:

After the game, Arsenal's twitter account responded with this:

Dude apparently got a crazy amount of abuse, and a bunch of journalists are saying that Arsenal are responsible for all the abuse this idiot got. Dude wrote this in response:

Did Arsenal do anything wrong? Discuss.

DutchCane repped this.
  7. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Tonerl and DaPrince84 repped this.
  8. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Iwobi for Nigeria>>Iwobi for Arsenal EYE WONDER WHY. I'm sure it's cause he has no pashun for Arsenal tho :inlove:

daedalus, Serengeti_Boy and DaPrince84 repped this.
  9. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Manager is garbage and allowed to ruin the players because the board is too incompetent and the owner just wants money

10. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Chat shit, get banged.

Journalists are the last group of people that believe they can speak with zero consequences.

They been slandering Ozil since he arrived in England. He called them out on it and they cried.

Chat shit, get banged.

11. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can’t sanction some of the abuse he got in response from Arsenal fans, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with Arsenal or their Twitter bantz. I found their reply cute and harmless.

His response that seems to implicate @arsenal? Bullshit. He can fvck right off.

12. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York

Also same racist paper telling all their white working class readers about how dare that uppity negroe leave liverpool, make all that money and go shopping while us good white folks have only Brexit. Fuhk that dude hope they show up at his crib

Tonerl, mebeSajid and DaPrince84 repped this.
  13. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    @DaPrince84 bruvs that Iwobi nutmeg of Mascherano was crazy.

I dont know why anyone thinks Argentina is gonna bust a grape in the worldcup. That team is mid, whole football federation in that country is garbage.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  14. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Only South American team we acknowledge for next year's World Cup is Brazil.

Argentina might go out in group stage unless Messi can go ham one last time.

DutchCane repped this.
  15. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's my thought too. For someone who writes for the Daily Heil to be upset about people having nasty responses is rich. I mean, has he ever read a Daily Mail comments section?

daedalus and DutchCane repped this.
  16. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, international football is rubbish in ways that club football isn't. And his best position is the same position that Ozil and Alexis play for Arsenal.

DutchCane repped this.
  17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fcuk the daily mail

Online abuse should not matter to u if u are famous or in the spotlight

Who cares what some fat virgin types in the internet?

DutchCane repped this.
  18. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I can afford to get the kits for every season because I have lived under my late mother's (Joanna Jackson, 1940-2000 of brain cancer) trust fund since 2000 and only have to worry about paying my car insurance, gas, all repairs, and for maintenance of my official website but because I have a trust fund, although it will not pay for food, and despite getting only Social Security disability/SSI and Medicare and Medicaid (since 1984), I am not eligible for food stamps due to conflicts involving me having a trust fund in the first place.

If I was living alone and left to handle all the bills by myself I would wind up being homeless, as there is not enough low-income housing here in Jefferson County to help those like myself who can't get good-paying (living wage) jobs due to my developmental and psychiatric issues. I can always be die-hard for my favorite sports teams, it just would not be financially feasible for me to do all this if I DID NOT have a trust fund.

But never the less, ON TO COLOGNE!!! That match thread will be designed and up in place as soon as I get the full scoop on kickoff time and TV schedule (like what channel it'll be on and pregame show starting time) before I post it up

In the meantime, COYF'n'G!!!

Super Llama repped this.
  19. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry to hear about your mum, but glad to hear you're on solid ground!

To me it's less the money being a problem and more just...apathy. Maybe they were never the way I envisioned growing up, but I feel like it's hard for me to look at sports the same way anymore. It's hard for me to find the joy beyond the rampant commercialization and objectification of what was once a community asset, and moreover, the way that athletes in many leagues are exploited for their labor. At least for global football and the NFL which have been the sports I've followed the most closely for the last 15ish years. The NBA seems like a worthwhile alternative but I'm sort of stuck without a team or rooting interest. At the very least it's enjoyable to root for the best NBA players to succeed.

daedalus, danielh and DutchCane repped this.
  20. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for sharing that. I thought both the interview of, and article by, Mark Ogden were a very accurate assessment of Arsenal and this game.

The only thing I didn't care for was at the very end when he wrote: "If their winning streak at the Emirates ends up being 13 in the league by the time they have encountered United on Dec. 2, perhaps we will have to start taking Arsenal seriously again."

That's too jinx-y and perhaps naive for my taste. Our trip to Burnley has high probability of banana skin. Forget about 13 games in a row... if we can get 3 points at Turf Moor that will be quite a testament to our ability to maintain some consistency.

p.s. Playing and pressing with the same intensity, and hopefully with the same personnel as Saturday, including the back 3 of Kos-Mustafi-Nacho, should enable this.

DutchCane repped this.
  21. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    For me its that the kits look like shit. Puma kits are awful and the sooner we get away from them the better. Our shirt sponsor doesn't help either. My fave kit is still the O2 final season at Highbury kit, or the alternate kits that you can find online (some are preseason kits where its Fly Emirates in a different language, others are kits people created) like this;
    [​IMG]
    Or hell even;
    [​IMG]
    With the sponsor written in Mandarin was much nicer to look at.

thebigman repped this.
  22. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    While I agree with that sentiment (glasshouses etc) what he was actually complaining about is whether big corporate accounts should troll individual journos.

So Arsenal could troll the Daily Mail, but not specific employees

It's an interesting question

23. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Yeah me too, and everyone else considering that a solid two-goal home win over Spurs can't fill up four pages on BigSoccer (yet).

Even when Wenger leaves the club, however that happens, it's going to take a long time to regain the enthusiasm for it.

cantona94 repped this.
  24. banco

banco Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    When the journo in question is using the club with the biggest social media presence to get views and troll their fanbase, the club should absolutely be able to make fun of the dude.

DaPrince84 and Tonerl repped this.
  25. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Twitter facilitates trolling, with a limit of 140 characters (soon to be 280) it doesn't lend itself to reasoned argument.

In response to the question of whether corporate accounts should troll individuals. I can't support trolling at any level. In the U.S. we're in the midst of a trolling crisis. Trump's tweets have trolled everyone from Kim Jong-Un to Lavar Ball. They have aggrevated the partisan divide and encouraged racists to come out from under their rocks. Like the journalist in this case, some of the individuals trolled by Trump have received death threats. The ultimate result has been a government in turmoil.

cantona94 and NorthBank repped this.