The No More Us V Australia Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by NoRightFoot, Jun 30, 2006.

1. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Both of us have a lot in common, and there certainly isn't a need to draw straws over ANYTHING.I tend to agree with Caesar in that I think it would be a great idea to play a lot of friendlies against each other providing it was for the betterment of developing the youngsters from each country and not just a matter of building ranking.At the moment, we are ahead skillwise, but it would be great to get some regular football happening.But no more us v them crap.That serves the purpose of nobody.

2. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll tell you where Australia has it over the US also...in banners.

I was at the Australia v Italy game and the best banner I saw in the WC was in the Aussie section.

Everytime an Italian rolled around on the ground, they unfurled this huge banner that said "GET UP YA PU$$Y"

It was a classic.

Needless to say, they're arms got tired.

3. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    It would great to see some friendlies between us, I could rub it in to my Australian cousins when the US beats the Aussies. I picked the Aussies to be the surprise of this tournament and for the most part you guys were along with Ivory Coast.

4. NaMusa75

NaMusa75 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Unfortunately, SoCal
    How does playing the Aussies improve our youngters? It's basically a team scrimmage because they play the same way that we do ... hustle, fitness and counter-attacking are both of our games. To improve, we need to learn how to do more than counter-attack (clearly our problem in this World Cup).