The Next Wave

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Pegasus, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Weston made the Schalke bench today, along with Galaxy academy product Haji Wright.
    Even though we wish he'd signed with us, his rise is a good recruiting tool for our academy.

2. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Schalke responding to Tab Ramos' criticism?

3. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Weston McKennie got his professional debut today, subbing on for Advijaj in the 77th.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have to admit that he is getting much more time than I expected. That is mostly down to Bentalab being injured but that's the way a lot of guys get their introduction. Do a good enough job and they can move a starter. I don't think he's made that case yet but he hasn't hurt himself either. I'm now wondering how well Acosta would do and whether Gruezo wants to go back. Oddly, young Americans may be a better fit in Germany than MLS and young S Americans may be a better fit in MLS than Germany. With so many S. American coaches in MLS it's very Latin friendly right now.

TCS35 repped this.
  5. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Omid Namazi has called in 27 2001's for the inaugural U-18 camp at the new National Development Center in Kansas City. Four FC Dallas Academy players were called in:

Julian Hinojosa, Tanner Tessmann, Thomas Roberts, and Gibran Rayo.

Gibran Rayo and Julian Hinojosa have been to a Mexico U-16 camp, while I think this is Tanner Tessmann's first NT camp outside of ODP. Hinojosa has also been playing with the USYNT since U-14 NDP. Roberts, of course, is one of our star players and has already played in Namazi's U-18 team.

Tessmann and others are notable for their 5-2 demolition of the USWNT back when they were the FC Dallas U-15 Academy team.

6. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I guess we can add Kelman as a former FCD 01 Premier kid.

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Score?

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Terrific! and timely article from Buzz at 3rd Degree / DMN.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/soccer/soccer/2018/06/03/crossing-gulf-fc-dallas-roster-divide

Since it's behind a paywall (one of the few things keeping me paying for a prescription BTW) I will talk about a couple of points. He lists players in two groups - those who are ready for games and those in development. He talks about how Hayes and Cannon did the work last year for their chance this year and that Pomykal and Servania might have crossed the line into being ready were it not for being injured and he expects them to push again.