The Next Wave

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Pegasus, Apr 11, 2016.

1. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess my intent was rather to express my amazement that you noticed it. Even zoomed, it's tiny and fuzzy.

El Chico Carmona repped this.
  2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For those of us who don't want to save it, blow it up or whatever the hell y'all are doing. What exactly am I looking at and what does it say/mean?

3. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Lol
    It just shows the depth chart.
    Paxton was added to the senior team.
    Devin Vega, Reggie Cannon, and Jesus Ferreira are all listed just below the senior team.
    Doesn't matter now, cause "Little Fish" is back.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So right now to add another HG someone needs to go. Probably be an off season move and there is also the draft for the two new clubs where we could lose one. Any players that need to really worry about next year or even the next few months?

5. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    As far as not returning next year?

1. Ruiz appears to be a short term deal.
    2. Lizarazo just hasn't panned out, can't see him returning.
    3. Hernandez appears to be out of favor.
    4. Getterson, depends on the length of his loan.
    5. Bonner could be beaten out of his spot.

6. Ortiz. I doubt FCD can protect him once the expansion draft rolls around. So I believe he would be a solid, inexpensive addition for one of the expansion sides.

7. Pitter, see #6.

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    A former FCD academy player quietly made his debut last night..................

7. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    not sure that's true. Like Weston, Jesus has eyes on him from South America. Obvious family connections puts him in a wonderful position of getting a way better deal if he's "free" to sign, versus some club having to pay FCD a transfer for his rights. Of any of the academy kids, he's the most likely to hold his rights to himself and see if he can't get a McKennie-like offer.

8. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if Ferreira is lured away.
    I certainly hope the club makes a strong effort to sign him soon.

9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Some FCD youngsters called up to the US U19 camp in October by coach Brad Friedel. I think both of these guys are candidates for homegrown signings in the future.
    http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...4-player-roster-for-chula-vista-training-camp

GOALKEEPERS (3): Matias Reynares (Ft. Lauderdale Strikers; Weston, Fla.), Brady Scott (De Anza Force; Petaluma, Calif.), Kevin Silva (UCLA; Bethlehem, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (9): Marco Farfan (Portland Timbers; Portland, Ore.), Edwin Figueroa (Atlanta United; Norcross, Ga.), Sam Golan (Loudoun Soccer Club; Great Falls, Va.), John Nelson (Internationals; Medina, Ohio), Sean O'Hearn (PA Classics; Mountville, Pa.), Logan Panchot (St. Louis Scott Gallagher Missouri; Wildwood, Mo.), Grant Robinson (George Mason; Columbia, Md.), Brandon Terwege (FC Dallas; Highland Village, Texas), Alexis Velela (NY Cosmos; San Diego, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Matias Barraza (Weston FC; Doral, Fla.), Habib Barry (Seattle Sounders FC; Seattle Wash.), Alexis Dionicio (Sacramento Republic; Sacramento, Calif.), Felipe Hernandez (Swope Park Rangers; Murfreesboro, Tenn.), David Loera (Orlando City SC; Orlando, Fla.), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; Bridgeview, Ill.), Jacob Montes (Portland Timbers; Lake Worth, Fla.)

FORWARDS (5): Milo Barton (Seattle Sounders FC; Kent, Wash.), Danny Griffin (Providence College; Wethersfield, Conn.), Alex Rose (CASL; Cary, N.C.), Devin Vega (FC Dallas; San Antonio, Texas), Ethan Zubak (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.)

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clint, what do you think about Vega. At one time I thought he was a sure thing and he got a lot of attention but lately I don't hear much about him and that makes me wonder if he's good enough for the next level. Oscar gets to see these guys all the time playing with his pros. He should have a good idea if they can take the next step.

12. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I don't really have a better idea than you right now. It'll all depend on how he performs in the DA this season. He's still only 17. I know he's listed as a forward on this USYNT roster, but I seem more as a winger in FCDs preferred formation. And that's sorta a position of need depending on the futures of Rosales, Lizarazo, and Getterson. Also, we have Timo Pitter and Coy Craft lurking for wing positions.

You know, he kinda reminds me of Danny Garcia.............................am I wrong about that?

With Paxton signing, I think the #1 most likely homegrown signing is Jesus Ferreira. At some point the club is gonna wanna beat foreign clubs to the punch and will try to lock him up.

Personally I think Reggie Cannon will go pro after this season at UCLA, so he'll be in the rotation at fullback next year. I watched a game of his early in the season and thought he was excellent. Basically has been a starter since the second he stepped on campus. [Didn't see this weekend's game when the got drilled by UW.]

TCS35 repped this.
  13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I too was thinking about Garcia and how he didn't work out. I wonder if he and the others would have fared better if Oscar had been in charge then or whether OP now has more info on what it takes and wouldn't have picked them if he had a do over. I think the answer will become obvious in the next few years by who they sign.

14. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has to be something he wants also. Does he want to sign a FCD?

16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Potentially big news on Ferreira.................

17. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Is a FCD signing next?

18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #68 Clint Eastwood, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    I don't know, but this kid's twitter feed and social media profile indicates he's "all in" on US soccer and FCD.

Crushing it in his first opportunity with USYNTs:

19. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Two FCD youngsters called up to the U14 USYNT.
    FOr those that don't know him, Dante Sealy is the son of former MLSer (and T&T international) Scott Sealy. Last I looked the kid was playing up a year for FCD U14s and had scored 13 goals in 9 games.

El Chico Carmona and TCS35 repped this.
  21. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The NCAA tournament begins this Thursday (11-17-2016), with 1st round action.
    There are currently 16 to 20 College Soccer players (that practice with FCD) with FCD Homegrown eligibility, and a handful of them are participating in the tournament.

I'll do a quick write up on those that will see actual playing time, later on today .

22. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #72 El Chico Carmona, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Reggie Cannon - defender
    UCLA

Cannon becomes the first FCD Academy alumni to play at UCLA this fall. Having also appeared for the youth national team, Cannon started 18 games for UCLA.

Kris Reaves - defender
    Portland University

Reaves enjoyed a couple solid seasons with Wake Forrest but had opted to transfer for his junior season to Portland. Reaves has spent plenty of time in the past training with the Under-20 and Under-18 National Teams. Started for Wake Forest as a freshman, earning all ACC Freshman honors. He helped Wake Forrest earn an ACC regular season championship and reach the NCAA Elite Eight last fall. He started 16 games for Portland this season, and is able to play anywhere on the backline.

Nicolas Rochowski - defender
    New Mexico

Rochowski is in his senior season with the Lobos after being their ironman last season, playing every single minute. He was New Mexico’s defensive MVP in 2015 as well, and has started all 20 games this season.

Patrick Khouri - midfield
    New Mexico

The redshirt sophomore had a strong redshirt freshman campaign that saw him start all 18 games for the Lobos. He has improved on that performance, starting 20 games this season.

UCLA plays Colgate at 8pm eastern time.

New Mexico plays Portland at 9pm eastern time.

Rufiolo and TCS35 repped this.
  23. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    TheFalseNine repped this.
  24. TheZo

TheZo Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Dallas