The Next Santos Prodigy - Bem Vinda Rodrygo Silva de Goes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

He had a pretty good game yesterday, as usual showing maturity beyond his years.

BjornH, Deep Pal, Excape Goat and 4 others repped this.
  2. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    So he played on the left of a 4-1-4-1

3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I’m not sure what formation they played but yes he played mostly on the left with occasional switch to the right.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Sampaoli was testing some things out. He played him deep and on the left. The first half je has played consistently on the left in a long time.

In the second half Sampaoli shifted his position to being more central and forward. That is when he scored.

Context.

Deep Pal, Zidane05, Eddie and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Do you think he should play in the middle with us?

6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He should play all over; right, center and middle. The same for Vinicius.

However for the mean time his club managers will concentrate him on playing on the right or centrally behind a striker.

He is a flexible player, he just needs to grow more in his creative output.

7. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yesterday had the derby Santos vs. Corinthians, and Rodrygo performance scared me, it's not lack of talent or anything like this, talent Rodrygo have and HAVE MUCH, but, is essentially his personality.

Watching him play give me the feeling of him lack of passion for the game, him not have a "happiness in the game" that exists in Neymar and Vinícius, Rodrygo not fight, not scream, not vibrates, lacks of intensifity, not call the game for him, seems that if the ball reaches him is great, if not is great too.

He played four game this year (Two against non division teams like Guarani and América-RM), and two derbys (Palmeiras and Corinthians, two first divison teams), and struggles against the last two, and not for lack of talent, but for lack of passion, will, to leave the comfort zone.

Talent he has to play for Real Madrid, but, is necessary much more of that for triunph in this club, must have will, hunger and charisma to face adversities not being swallowed by them, a personality like Vinícius (Who never complained about playing in Castilha, he always endured everything training hard waiting his chance, Rodrygo not can endure a similar scenery for him), if not, Rodrygo may be a new Asensio, an extremely talented player, but lazy and conformed.

I´am not doing that observation just for yesterday's game, is just for everyhing i observe for him in one year, of course this can change, but it is an observation that everyone is already noticing in him here.

Stiliyan, HZinho, Deep Pal and 7 others repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    If we're being honest he hasn't taken the next step.

He is a passionate personality, but he just isn't showing it in his play. I have been saying for months he needs to add more creativity to his arsenal... instead of playing like a Brazilian Robben.

Teams seem to have figured him out a little die to this imo.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Hmmm, that's concerning.

I'd revisit the idea of a loan then. He's better served here, under Zidane.

MiamiNative0722 and HZinho repped this.
  10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodrygo only turned 18 two months ago. VJ is just a rare case of a teenager performing well in a club liked us, and he was forced into a situation. Rodrigo should stay in Brazil or go on loan somewhere from Europe. Odegaard should return to Spain, but this guy should stay away from Spain for now. Romario, R9, etc did well in Holland. It might serve him well over there away from the limelight of being the next VJ. Or perhaps in Portugal where he could adjust easily due to common languages, etc.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This really depends on the next couple of months.

Sampaoli hasn't even been starting him regularly. We will see how things develop. He needs to show growth.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    “Rodrygo will be one of the best in the world, it was a great investment by Real Madrid and they were not wrong,” Jose Carlos Peres told Diario AS.

“He is a player that I would like him to continue here longer but I absolutely respect this next step of our athlete and I wish him much success in his work in Spain.

“If the opportunity exists I will strive to keep him a little bit longer with us.”

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Reality however is the kid has had inconsistent form and Sampaoli doesn't start him all the time. He's become a rotational player under him.

Possibly some of this is Sampaoli management which to be honest has been all that good for Santos.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Rodrygo is starting tonight, playing on the left.

Hopefully he finds his groove before Serie A play starts.

15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have said this months ago. Rodrygo lets the game come to him and often just plays too rational which is very similar to being dispassionate. Hopefully he does not go the Asensio road and becomes too scared to take risks.

16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Sampaoli has benched Rodrygo again. This time for the second leg of the Paulista A1 semi-final.

This situation is becoming untenable.

If you guys remember I have been saying how Sampaoli has been benching Rodrygo and the kid has been struggling. Well rumors are starting to flair up that there are serious issues here.

Sampaoli has been horrible since his great start at Santos anyways. Dude seems to think too much.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Corinthians knock out Santos.

Rodrygo showed fire, played much better. Came close with some shots and made his penalty during the shootout.

Sad match because Santos dominated, just couldn't fine a goal till late and couldn't get a second.

If Sampaoli remains with Santos it'd probably be wise to pull Rodrygo from Brazil in June.

Doni, Shay Z, -Reivax- and 4 others repped this.
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'd do it either way. Let him come play either with us or somewhere in Spain or Portugal. If they stay up send him to Real Valladolid with Ronaldo and let him take care of him.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't know how good an idea it would be to send him on loan at the moment. The kid is kind of flailing... that may hurt him.

For me he needs confidence and support. It will do him well to be around Vini and others and have expectations reduced to just playing in Castilla.

20. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rodrygo problem is not Sampaoli, Sampaoli is making a fantastic job in this team, Santos squad is very weak, and Sampaoli is extracting the best of these guys, making them play a great football far beyond the capabilities they normally have, is the better atack in entire country in this year and the better football too (Danm it, yesterday Santos kicked 25x in the goal, had more than 70% of ball possesion, 14 corners, Corinthians only shoot 3x in entire game, but, fottbal is unfair), no one expected Santos would make the final phase of competition, Sampaoli is staying until the end of the year, without doubts

Rodrygo problem it's what i said the other day, not Sampaoli, he is passive, constantly wait the ball reaches him, not fight back, and does not know how to face adversity very well yet, not participate in the game, to the point of losing his starter condition.

But, yesterday he gave an excellent signal, for the first time in year i saw him hungry, wanting the game, fighting, calling the cheer up (Even hit the first penalty!), and changed the team dynamic in 2 half because talent he has, and have much, but a player needs to be more than talented, he can not wait the ball reach him and be afraid to make a mistake, have to be affront, try, try, try and try, because with the talent he has, if he leaves the comfort zone will be Santos's best player easily, but he must continue to be hungry, rely more on yourself and play, need to catch yesterday's game and try make him constantly, he can do it, and, without any doubt, he will again be the starter.

He and Sampaoli can still be excellent partners

Doni, natenate101 and kelvinphr repped this.
  21. TumE

TumE Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sampaoli is a good coach, likes high press and possession. Rodrygo should benifit from his style alot, all comes down to his mentality I guess.

Anders2555 repped this.
  22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    There are already reports of tension and the relationship not being so good.

As I said earlier, Santos were dominate. It was unfair that the match even went to extra time. However Sampaoli's results recently haven't been that good. He started of amazing.

Anyways, we will see.

Anders2555 repped this.
  23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sounds a lot like Asensio tbh.

Digital and Anders2555 repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Santos are playing the second leg of the Copa do Brazil tonight. They lost the first leg 1-0. Hopefully they win this one because if they don't their next match will be at the end of the month when the league season starts

25. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rodrygo likely starter this game.

I hope he play well and score,