The Next Santos Prodigy - Bem Vinda Rodrygo Silva de Goes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 15, 2018.

1. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyone else see his best role as a SS ala Dybala/Aguero? I see great acceleration but without the top end speed required for a LF/LW and without the size required for a real CF.

2. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the highlights, the kid is playing primarily on the right, which is even better for us as we are quite thin on right-sided attackers. Makes coexisting with Vinicius even more possible.

Shay Z, Ahmadi8, Deep Pal and 7 others repped this.
  3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. On the right or up top would be fantastic.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sine he's 17, i assume this will be his last season in Brazil and he'll move to Europe just like Vini.

MiamiNative0722, Ahmadi8 and Zidane05 repped this.
  5. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That’s a recent development, to this point he’s been predominantly left or center I think, but clearly capable of switching sides, and I think the same goes for Vinicius as well.

Shay Z, Ahmadi8 and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  6. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodrygo is a phenomenon. Being this crisp at this age is incredible. I'm much more hyped up for him than for Vinicius, who looks super raw in comparison. With Rodrygo, I am certain that it is not the case of simply being quicker than his peers and physically peaking at an early age. He's intelligent and silky smooth in all his moves. Such a joy to watch. Only problem is he looks a bit like Nani:laugh:

7. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I was not impressed with the Vinicius deal, but from there on he stepped up and proved himself in the Brazilian league showing that it wasn't just him being further along in his development and physically superior to his peers. Rodrygo being the better talent and more proven at the time of purchase going for the same fee despite being a year later in a crazy market shows we overpaid for Vinicius. But luckily he seems to be progressing along nicely. :)

Deep Pal and Hendrix22 repped this.
  8. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am also much more confident in Vinicius than I used to be, he's a hard worker with a great attitude and can definitely pan out right. He is progressing well and impressed people in training for Madrid too. But I have no doubt Rodrygo is technically and mentally superior. Vinicius' showboating doesn't mean much to me, he still has a lot of work to do to reach elite technical level, while Rodrygo is practically there already. And he seems to have also a fantastic feel and understanding for the game; vision, awareness, coordination and team play (from what I have seen from him).

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Rodrygo will end up being an attacking midfielder like Kaka while Vinicius Jr. will be a wing forward like CR7.

I'm curious to see where Odegaard will end up playing. I think he'd be of better use as a center midfielder.

I seriously hope all 3 pan out, all of them have the potential of being generational talents.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Nah

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Injury in the end doesn't look good.

14. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every game I feel like he's got some pretty traumatic injury. He's either a drama-queen or we need to consider getting him the feck out of Brazil.

15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rodrygo and Vinicius along with Marcelo and Casemiro are on the preliminary squad list for Brazil's upcoming friendlies against the USA and El Salvador :thumbsup:

16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That #6 guy was trying to push or hit him when Rodrygo was without the ball a few times so i don't know. Safest bet would be to get him out of there which will probably happen when he's 18, depending on how it works out with Vinicius i guess.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He's not a drama queen and they play rougher in Serie A.

The tough stuff is good for him. He needs to develop character and grow not be coddled like a baby. He will be better because of this.

18. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be honest it could go either way. It depends on the person's character. You may toughen up or Neymar up. both are a product of the rough play in Brazil.

Shay Z repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Neymar up? We could literally call it 'Cristiano up' or any other top player. These players exaggerate, it's part of the game just like when these butchers kick the shit out of them yet are championed.

Anyways, the kid is where he is suppose to be. He'll grow and be better because of this.

S1na repped this.
  20. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I followed the live updates of the game and I thought he had a quiet game, but these highlights show a lot more. It wasn’t his best day, looks frustrated, but he is clearly leading that Santos side, and creating so much.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He was very active... they just missed a billion shots.

22. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If I could choose, I’d take Rodrygo now and leave Vinicius there for another year.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Man you guys love close control a lot lol. Rodrygo is my guy but he needs more time.

Vinicius needs time as well. Anyways we will see.

24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They both look pretty damn advanced for their ages, footballing wise.

25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Correct. Adversity doesn't always breed character. You have to have some in you beforehand for that to happen. And sometimes it just molds your personality into a steaming full (recently used) diaper left out in the sun aka Neymar.

Anyway, Rodrygo has great close control and players like that always get a lot of attention. Especially when they have ++ speed to along with it. Vin seems to be a bit different. It all depends on their end product which we will only be able to judge when they both play in Europe. I like that he is really good on the right wing.

Also, very salty by Gabigol. Lmao. The Santos no.4 looked at him running away from Rodrygo with whom everyone else was rightly celebrating with the "dafuq you doin". Lulz.

Then Rodrygo gets the 9 shirt. I bet some plates were smashed in the Gabigol household that night.

Saeta Rubia and kelvinphr repped this.