The Next Santos Prodigy - Bem Vinda Rodrygo Silva de Goes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 15, 2018.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    South Americans do well in la liga as well.

Smart to keep scouting there

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. slyyls84

slyyls84 New Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Nov 20, 2019
    South Americans are great football players!

3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    #479 Drouchk, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    I want to see Rodrygo given license to roam a bit more as opposed to being stuck on the right where he tends to disappear at times, with his incredible ball striking technique i'd like to see him cut in from the left onto his strong foot.

Digital repped this.
  5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    The more i watch him, the more he strikes me as trequartista and not a RW.

6. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He looks like a striker to me.

The only thing he lacks is speed.

Anon. repped this.
  7. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Why do you guys see a striker in him? Because he can score goals doesn’t mean he is a striker. I believe he needs space and he can be dangerous from the wings. We would waste his talent if we play him as a striker.

8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He actually is very pacy, granted he hasn’t shown it with the senior team yet.

He’s played as a striker with Brazilian youth team and shined but I agree he can do more from the wings, though I believe the left wing is where he’d be most dangerous ( he said so himself).
    it’s where Raul has been using him, on the right his dribbling is limited but I guess he’s grabbing the goals so there is that, and that LW position is a bit populated with Hazard and Vini, though while the Belgian is out I would give him a shot there.

9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not exactly relevant to the discussion right now but he also seems to be a pretty good freekick taker too, don’t forget his very first goal for us when he wiped that smirk off that Bayern defenders’ face after he seemed to dare Rodrygo to go for the top right hand corner of the net to which of course he duly obliged

Lyra and Drouchk repped this.
  10. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Did he though? Honest question because as far as I know he played more as a second striker and not as the main striker. I could be wrong but that’s what I remember.

But you are right about that his favorite position is the LW. I would have loved to see him shine at that position same as Neymar, but yeah we have Vini and Hazard.

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    You’re correct he was playng as a second striker, I haven’t seen him play as a number 9.
    I’d take anyone over Ramos or Casimero for free kicks, tired of seeing those two sending the ball to the stand every time, I doubt Rodrygo becomes a consistent FK taker for us since it seems to be a seniority thing.

Digital repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Trequartista is not a striker.

He would fit more central position perfectly. Specifically the one near the goal. Considering he has creative solutions either in terms of passing or 1v1 play and then strong finishing.

Vin on the other hand, strikes me as pure winger. Fast and pacey player with tons of energy and crucially character which goes with head through the wall.

13. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Good composure in slotting the penalty in :)

Lyra, Digital, Drouchk and 1 other person repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I thought he skied it, but ended up in the top corner as perfect penalty. [emoji23]

15. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    he should give lessons to his friend Vinicius how to shoot the ball.
    He looks better on the left,more natural ,more dangerous....i know some fans want him to became the new Figo on the right but he looks like a left winger with a better shooting ability than VJ

16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cheeky mofo nearly gave me a heartattack.

Drouchk and Halycon repped this.
  17. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haha glad I wasn't the only one. He's a baller and has the guts, 18 years old and you shoot a penalty like that.

Saeta Rubia, madridista_hr and Drouchk repped this.
  18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1216484199819026433 is not a valid tweet id

Still can’t believe how good this penalty was. When people say penalties are luck and not skill, they’re lying.

Ahmadi8, Zidane05 and madridista_hr repped this.
  19. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    That run up was so awkward.

20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not to me, looked determined and was decisive, Sergio on the other hand looked completely not sure of himself with that halting run up and slow roller into the corner, nearly gave me a heart attack, you’d think it’d be the other way around really

21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I agree Ramos was awkward too. I think it had so little power cause of his sprain.

22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1227893184170209281 is not a valid tweet id

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The young South Americans are so awesome to support. It was the same with Marcelo, Gago and Higuain back then. Instant love affair.

24. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The people who’ve lost patience with the two already must have not been around when we brought Pipita and Marcelo because watching their development into elite players was a real treat, we as fans are basically on board with that journey even though we only see them once a week.

Hopefully Vinicius and Rodrygo treat us to more of the same. The future is bright at the club.

Ssr9, Digital, Shay Z and 5 others repped this.
  25. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    will miss El Clasico after a red card with Castilla,absolute joke,Zidane has failed to developed him ,what happened to him?????Bale,Brahim started recently where is Rodrygo ?