The Next Santos Prodigy - Bem Vinda Rodrygo Silva de Goes

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Yea they’re terrible.

Anders2555 repped this.
  2. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  3. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  4. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Looks like a sweet kid! Hope he fares well!

HZinho, madridista_hr and Digital repped this.
  5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ Yeah, Kid seems like a good egg. Wishing him great success at Madrid for years to come. Preseason should be exciting watching some of these youngsters fight for a place.

PigBenis, janos audron, HZinho and 5 others repped this.
  6. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I´am more excited to see the combo Vini + Rodrygo than the Hazard debut in the pre-season, i´am a Brazilian fan, after all, haha

7. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    First time in years that I’m really exited to watch the preseason matches. Indeed for the young talents, but also some big new players like Hazard . It will be fun!

Digital and natenate101 repped this.
  8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you guys believe he will stay with the first team right away? Will he spend some time in Castilla and, if so, how long?

9. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    The path to the first team will be more difficult for him than it was for Vini, that much is certain.

As talented as Vini is he would not be with the first team in a normal year, he got his opprtunities thanx to how bad the team was plus injuries, Rodrygo on the other is coming at a time when the team is ( hopefully ) getting its act together and his position is more covered than it was last season.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Our bench options could be stale again if we keep both Lucas and Asensio. I hope we sell Lucas and one of Brahim/Rodrygo gets those minutes. Asensio will need to fight for minutes with them as well rather than just getting it despite flat performances ala last season.

Zidane05, MiamiNative0722 and Drouchk repped this.
  11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Lots of players say oh I've always dreamt of playing for Madrid after they sign and some say I've been a Madridista since I was a kid but you know they actually mean it when it literally takes them just 20 mins to shun other offers from big clubs and commit to us when we call.

He seems like a great kid. Hope he has a wonderful future at his dream club.

S1na, PigBenis, HZinho and 7 others repped this.
  12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'd go with Asensio and Brahim to start the year on the bench (both can play either wing which is good), and Rodrygo in Castilla.

PigBenis, HZinho, Anon. and 4 others repped this.
  13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Could you imagine this line up? Defenders won't have a clue what to do.

Rodrygo Hazard Vinicius

Jovic

14. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    time to seel Lucas imo. Brahim can do even better, i will give Asensio another year.

15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Could be pretty good when we have the ball

16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So happy for Rodrygo and his family.

This is a good kid, with good family and structure. He is passionate even though at times he can be passive for the team and you want him to just take over.

I love when one of my guys gets brought to my club. This kid will be special. As I said before of he or Vinicius fail it is only because we failed them.

I don't believe we will.

PigBenis, HZinho, raven3k and 4 others repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Oh and ******** that stupid hijo de ******** reporter.

Want to cause strife with stupid questions. The idiot didn't realize that Vinicius and Rodrygo come from structured families, respect one another and desire to see the other succeed with them.

Both of these kids could have easily went to barca ot for bigger money. They chose Madrid!

Support them!

18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'de love to see this early in the season just to get a taste of what we're in for, I just don't trust Zidane to put any pressure on Benzema by utilizing Jovic correctly (and plus Isco, Asensio and Lucas are probably all ahead of the Brazilians on the Zidane favorites chart).

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No clue what to do? Basically just pass the ball to their midfield and they will have a free way to our goal.

20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I am sure you have access to this chart given how you were absolutely certain Marcelo was #1 on that list and then we proceeded to spend 50 million on a new left back.

21. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It doesn't help having dumbasses like Tite and Rivaldo comparing the two and declaring one (Rodrygo) is better than the other. I cringed when I see senior Brazilian figures in football make declarations like that.

S1na, Saeta Rubia and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  22. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    In all seriousness, there were many games the season before where we would just dominate and can afford to give up a midfielder to the attack.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That line up would work, but we'd need a double pivot like Kante-Rodrigo(Atleti guy) or Kante-Ndombele. Won't happen though.

24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #349 janos audron, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    He will be last in the pecking order, even if Lucas leaves. My guess is plays for Castilla mostly and being called for first team for a few La Liga matches - rotations / injuries, and being called for Copa del Rey.

Cannot wait for season to start.

25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he should be more featured. He is already an incredibly mature player. If Mbappe isn't coming, I'd rotate him and Vinicius on the right wing, and get cash in on all the others (Bale, Asensio, Lucas, Ibrahim, even Odegaard).