THE NEWEST AND GREATEST TRANSFER THREAD - 2013 edition

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Calcio Pauly, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sil will sell the team eventually some rich guy from Russia or the middle east will come in and build you guys a new stadium and turn milan into the PSG of italy.

LGRod repped this.
  2. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #Swag

LGRod repped this.
  3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it will happen eventually.

4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Haven't you made this prediction like 3x already? And the PSG of Italy? How many champions league titles do they have?

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't worry it will happen.

6. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Before or After Dela invests real money into that youth academy he's been talking about for years?

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    milan is a global brand that can make great money if invested in any rich person can see that. The longer Sil waits the cheaper the team will become which will cause some rich guy to throw his hat in.

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #1758 Calcio Pauly, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    Sil? You on a first name basis...got one of dem passes to the bunga parties we don't know about? :p

Well I'm not saying it can't happen, and while I really wouldn't care who owns the club, somehow I think Berlu likes having the team as a toy for him to make outrageous statements and actions through. Without politics or AC Milan what's he going to say that the papers want to publish? That man loves his spot light.

Guarda-Redes repped this.
  9. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Couple things:

(1) I know I'm "new here", but this is the first time I can recall in my memory that Milan hasn't been linked with or signed a major player at this point in the pre-season, World Cup or no World Cup. Strange

(2) Being a Sporting Portugal fan I can say that I saw Iturbe play for Porto and he was there all of 6 months before they sent him on loan to River Plate and then dished to Verona. I hate Porto, but they know quality players when they see them, why the heck would Iturbe be available if he was actually that valuable or quality? They turfed him to Verona for essentially a song. This 28 million seems ridiculous, even with inflation the value of his transfer is still ridiculous.

(3) I sure as hell hope Ochoa is in Italy for Milan. I don't see Juventus dumping Buffon. Inter, Lazio and Roma all have keepers...Napoli doesn't entirely make sense, but Rafa is such a poor manager I can completely see him wanting rid of a player he coached for quite a few season (Liverpool and Napoli) for essentially no reason other than change.

(4) Sil has only done two great things in his life: (1) make Barbara; and (2) bang that Moroccan "model". I hope he sells the club.

Sal and LGRod repped this.
  10. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Think Verona had an option that they could exercise inserted in the loan contract. Even t silva didn't succeed in his move to Portugal so who knows

11. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think Reina is headed back to liverpool which makes napoli a realistic option, CL + top italian team. That being said lots of things going around about him wanting to stay in france...

LGRod repped this.
  12. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    But still...Verona wouldn't have even 1/2 of the 28 million he's now valued at...but nonetheless I'm seriously questioning whether this kid is the "new messi".

13. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    I heard France too, but I'm not sure where. PSG jumping at him would be very Real Madrid-like and unnecessary. Lille is hardly much of a step up. Lyon and Marseille I could say the same...not exactly "top teams" anymore...sure CL football, but with PSG/Monaco around they're clearly battling for 3rd place. Montpellier has fallen off...the only place that really makes sense that has not bought a top keeper is actually Monaco. But they've continually pestered Sporting about Rui Patricio for a discount (probably even more so now with Jardim at the helm) and given Romero is doing well at WC, I would seriously question the need...you move Subasic out and replace him with Romero (arguably a top keeper, arguably in the tier below...my personal view is he's in the 2nd tier of keepers). So would Ochoa be a solution? Sure, but now you have 3 starting keepers and you likely have to move the other two and find a back up...unless Nardi is suddenly your back up...but I had understood Monaco had "long term" plans for Nardi.

LGRod repped this.
  14. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So far we're not linked to anyone even remotely interesting except perhaps Iturbe.

The Croat fullback from Genoa is a mandatory buy because we've left ourselves very thin and hopeless in the wide-defenders department.

@Guarda-Redes I was thinking the same thing about how Porto wasn't convinced about Iturbe which is telling considering Porto's history of great scouting and player development. However from time-to-time even the best talent evaluators make mistakes and once in a while a good/potentially great player slips through the cracks. Now I'm not implying Iturbe is worth the asking price present day, but I won't deny that he had an excellent debut season with Verona.

15. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States