The newer, brighter & shinier Random Thoughts Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't get it either but I don't see it through unbiased eyes. I can't understand why any non-Manure/Ev, neutral supporter would want City to win over us. Are our supporters that annoying over there? I just don't get it.

3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #203 usscouse, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    image.jpg

Mohamed Salah is named as one of Time magazine's 100 most influential people in the world - with Late Show host and Liverpool fan John Oliver paying tribute to the 'humble figure loved by all Egyptians, Scousers and Muslims'

Mohamed Salah is one of the covers star for the Time magazine's 100 most influential people. Music artist Taylor Swift and actor Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson were among the other cover stars.

Full Story:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...zine-named-worlds-100-influential-people.html

4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's been my firm intention to avoid Utah as much as possible in life....

5. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    teams like chelsea and arsenal like the fact that they've done it but we haven't.....

6. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

well, kudos to Fergie!

7. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Pretty short sighted Zaq. Great skiing and hiking. Couple of spectacular Nat Parks and great drives. Actually 5 years was a pretty good time spent there.
    Now it's just good for the occasional visit.

CB-West repped this.
  8. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    upload_2019-4-18_17-52-41.png

No- you moron - it makes them look pious to you.....
    It doesn't make them look pious. It marks them for what they are - rich ....

Would this fool rather the thing didn't get rebuilkt that he has to make it into an argument about rich and poor. By all means, heavily tax the rich, bu tif they wan't to give away money to a good cause we can't excise the looking good factor out of that....
    idiot journalism....

9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
  10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    looks like they haven't really bought into the whole "one game at a time" thing ....

11. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yup. There was also criticism of a suggestion to give a bigger tax break for these donations, saying it makes it all about "finance". So dumb. The donation is still giving away money, just not as much if the tax break is bigger. They donors don't actually make money from the donations. :rolleyes:

12. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  13. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

If that was me, that would be brill....

however, If I was already earning 80K + a week, I wouldn;t really care less....

14. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ders-mueller-report-defends-lying-james-comey

Sanders repeated that “slip of the tongue” during a press briefing the following day, when skeptical White House reporters questioned her on her claim that Comey did not have support within the FBI’s rank-and-file. One reporter asked what basis the White House had for that conclusion, given that the FBI’s acting director had publicly said that Comey still had the support among the FBI’s agents.

“I can speak to my own personal experience,” Sanders told the White House press. “I’ve heard from countless members of the FBI that are grateful and thankful for the president’s decision.” She went on: “I’ve certainly heard from a large number of individuals. And that’s just myself. And I don’t know that many people in the FBI.”

Countless - hmmmm..... I suppose it is true if your brain is only equipped to count to 2...

15. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I hear it's quite spectacular. (My urge is really to not go back to Salt Lake City)

16. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I should bloody think so !!

Spurs were due to face Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium and Liverpool Newcastle at St James’ Park just 48 hours before the second legs of their Champions League last four games at Ajax and at home to Barcelona respectively.

On Friday night the Premier League were in talks with the clubs and Sky TV and BT Sport to configure new dates for both games, which will be decided this week.

18. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

here we go:

Newcastle United have confirmed their final home game of the season has reverted back to May 4.

Liverpool making it into the final four of the Champions League means the match has moved from May 5 – which would have clashed with the second leg of the Reds’ tie with Barcelona.

So the match is back on the Saturday, with Sky Sports now working with the club and “stakeholders” to confirm when the kick off time will be. Early suggestions are Sky will utilise their 12.30pm kick off slot to show the game, although the club say nothing is concrete on that front yet.

20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    didn't expect this - from official site

Liverpool's Premier League clash with Newcastle United at St. James' Park has now been confirmed as a 7.45pm BST kick-off on Saturday May 4.

21. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    had to switch - otherwise the Barcelona game would have been w/in 48 hours.

22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I know that terp - it's the TIME I wasn't expecting.

23. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gotta make the TV people happy.

24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    true, but I can't recall any Prem game starting at that time on a weekend.

at least we get a break of a few hours anyway.

25. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    except around x-mas....
    (I thionk there might have been one or two others though)

(i also think!)