The newer, brighter & shinier Random Thoughts Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does that figure into the equation? Your point is that "christianity" is to blame for those kinds of abuses.

What that signals is either that you don't actually know what Christianity is or that you wrongly assume that people who identify themselves as "Christians" are real Christians.

Regarding the child who was born in Canada to a surrogate mother, I don't know the legal ramifications of that situation. I'm guessing that the child is the progeny of one of the Americans who want the child to come to the US and the surrogate mother is Canadian.

That begs the question: why was the child born in Canada in the first place? Did the couple check with an attorney prior to conceiving this plan to determine whether there would be any snags? A child born in Canada to a Canadian mother isn't a US citizen. If the mother is American, I have no idea why she didn't bear the child in the States.

What do you know about the situation that I don't.

2. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The point you are missing is that under international law, people have the right to make an asylum claim.

The idea that people who flee persecution and arrive at the border to make a refugee claim are somehow gaming the system is not accurate . Immigrants coming to the country in other ways and people asking for asylum are two different things. You are conflating two very different processes .

Once a claim for asylum is made the US or Canada or any other govt which has signed on to the international agreement on refugees is required to process that claim to verify if the person is actually a refugee or not.

zaqualung and SamScouse repped this.
  3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    this couple already have one kid born in similar circumstances -- prior to Orange Gob's arrival - who had no problem obtaining US citizenship.

4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I...sorta know. One is the fat Orange guy who humps the flag and intimates that he's the 'Second coming" and is adored by evangelicals.
    The other is a nice guy who thinks every one else is misguided.

Help me here. Are the ones who get tattoos, bumper stickers and interject into every conversation either that they're born again or always have been one, real or fake. Sometimes it's difficult to tell.

OK. Bad humour I know. But it's so hard.

Ricky Gervase pointed out that there are approximately 2500 to 3000 gods worshipped in this world and everyone of the worshippers will tell you, emphatically, that theirs is the one true one.

I just try and do, what I feel is right, yeah often I'm wrong, and not put a label on myself.

5. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    "people who identify themselves as "Christians" are (not) real Christians."

This is the problem. I have no issue with any of the mainstream religions. The problems always originate with the so called "followers".

6. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And feel secure enough in yourself that you don't need to claim "divine" justification.

usscouse repped this.
  7. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    but that makes you an atheist which for many evangelical types = unAmerican. shame, shame on you !!

8. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Nooo! I'm labeled.

9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    don't be buying a lot of groceries this week ..... ICE are on their way to your place.

usscouse repped this.
  10. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'm not privvy to the circumstances of this couple. But I do know that a week or so ago. The Trump admin. Put out a statment that:

Any kids born outside of the US to US parents. This includes military, will Not! be granted automatic US citizenship.
    Don't ask why!!!

This mixed mariage couple may have been caught up in this.

11. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I never buy green bananas

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In German

- a butterfly hunter is a fly catcher
    - a step on a snake is kicking a hole into the air
    - we do use wardrobe and vacuum cleaner as well, guess those are very international terms
    - a control tower is a tower in the midst of (the defensive) battle
    - a butter pass is a sugar pass
    - giving someone a haircut is making someone get off (the train)
    - we dont have a term like poop ball but closest possible comes a ball, that is starving
    - a player like a tree is a post
    - we dont quite describe the play in buffalo push but call an attacker like described as header beast

usscouse repped this.
  13. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Soooo....again, I don't typically post in this thread...but this one caught my attention...as I am (was) a kid born outside the US to US parents...I wonder how much time I have...before they take away my citizenship...

...hold on...someone is knocking at the door...:eek:

usscouse repped this.
  14. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #839 zaqualung, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    You want to know what happened? Talk-radio and the Internet...........

This fostering and engendering of the scum fed sections of the human mind comes from the hidden keyboard and the hidden face. Malicious cowardice - which has probably always existed lurking about - has been given a hidden windfall of access to trouble-making power. Found a place where one doesn't require courage to opinionate upon stuff they don't necessarily know very much about, and hate upon people they don't know anything about.
    I don't know why, but years ago people were able to sublimate this stuff and get along and listen to the intellectuals do the arguing. Now they can't, and due to the cumulative effect of an ongoing process of some sort of humanist devaluation - they don't want to control themselves. The great ape-President is a shining avatar of this.
    And before anyone says it, it is not ironic that I should make an insulting statement in an internet post about internet meanness and brutality and unnecessarily voiced hostility - it's actually a statement of entirely warranted intellectual disgust.

And, of course, the real driver - this nasty situation suits large interests in the economic short term (god knows what it will lead to long-term - one shudders to think it out that far); and suits those smaller, more, particularized variants of hostility that used to be everywhere more controllable by societal norms.

The world used to be a better place.

15. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

what he said (to anyone not upside-downly obtuse) is that many fundamentalist Christians are vocally adding their spiritual weight to propping up the abuser and anti-humanist abuses of all kinds ....
    Exhibit A) _ Laura Ingraham .....

If you asked St. Augustine who did he believe was closer to a kinship with Christ out of Jimmy Carter and Donald Trump, what do you think his answer would be?

16. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Trump!!!! The second coming.

17. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

While I understand your basic sentiment here - I wouldn't want to join you in saying that - because I have issues with all and any of them that feel they are equipped and entitled to conflate a supra-structure of their religion's protocols upon the politic that everyone else has to try to live in.
    Catholicism was ruining countless lives when it had that power and now its largely beneficial (for the most part) and doesn't necessarily want to return to mediaevalism.

Islam, on the other hand, has had no such wash cycle performed, and poses a serious problem in terms of demographics with regard to immigration. As I've been saying since the Danish Cartoon debacle, the unwillingness of the liberal establishment to face this head-on is partly facilitating the rise of goons and goombahs like Farage and Trump.

18. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That's either nonsense or you are privy to some information that I am not aware of.

Refygee lines form at the US Border.
    In a DIFFERENT country.
    They are accepted into the US Immigration system and given a processing number.
    They are then incarcerated while waiting judgment.

Where is the line-jumping???

19. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    :eek:

:rolleyes:

:confused:

:laugh:

:ROFLMAO:

:alien: ...This is getting really old...

burning247 repped this.
  20. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

so are those kids in the ages....

21. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    How about a pleasant change. The fish and wildlife opened our fav walking beach this week. It's closed in summer, Snowy Plover breeding season.

Another lousy Oregon day in Florence.

Always plenty of driftwood
    image.jpg
    Then the Siltcoos River Runs into the Ocean through the crowded beach.
    image.jpg

el-capitano and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  22. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Did she ever dance with Stormy Daniels? :whistling:

usscouse repped this.
  23. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    here's an unedited sample of a speech from the world's most famous Stable Genius ...

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

usscouse and delaynomo repped this.
  24. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    A moment of brilliance from the leader of the free world.
    A very stable genious.

He thinks like a horse.

25. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    unfair on horses. Mr Ed is bridling at that remark.

usscouse repped this.