The new RL is the graveyard of German footy..

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Schwalker, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I am know of Bseball world cup etc. Its new and thats my point the philosophy has evolved out of values of branding, money and media exposure, not through development and international competitions thats my point.

Although US Soccer has developed hugely because of the MLS, I dont think your system works, not pefectly you looses too much talent in between the schools, amateur leagues and MLS. While I would not be surprised to see Japan play in a World Cup final within a future of 30 years that wont happen for US Soccer with the set up today. And thats my whole point, MLS is a great league but the use of the american pro sport structure makes the US Soccer not to develop fully.

2. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to disagree with you about this. The main reason is simply the fact that we have many popular sports in this country so there are no economic forces pushing players into one specific sport. It has much less to do with our general structure for pro sports. The simple fact was that until a few years ago it was almost impossible for an American player to make a living playing soccer--no matter how good they were. Simply because we did not have a pro league. So the really good athletes played something else as they got older. That's changed.
    As far as a World Cup final? We'll see. But you must remember two things. The US *HAS* already played in a World Cup semifinal. Now that was quite some time ago. But they also did play in a Confederations Cup final not that long ago--and were leading 2-0 at the half. After being one of the very few teams to beat Spain in that time period in a FIFA competition.

3. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I used to think the same way about Japanese football and most japanese still do (like in US) however If you compare small details in the pro game as for until 15 years ago it was unthinkable for a domestic player to be topscorer or MVP all the best are domestic today, so much that foreign stars are no longer needed in the league and exept of Forlan from this season not existing.

We have other pro sports in europe and Japan has thousands of attendances to all kinds of sports, so it all comes into structure. I think its bound that as a non US citizen I points out that theres a historical reason why US looks generally inwards while europeans doesnt and you will deny this as most US on this board would say I am wrong (Mostly because they feel attacked and critisized)

However I am not trying to critisize and point fingers, just trying to say that the US Pro sports model usually can live with showing a good show, finding good players in your system. However when you have 100000's of schools, some 100 USL Pro league clubs and 19 pro clubs over you dont get the optimal material out to US Soccer, and heres the difference between the US and Europe, because of historical and cultural reasons MLS doesnt feel the need to be in the same situation as the rest of the world. However if you want to focus on WC, winning it MLS need to change the basic philosophy. :)

4. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Eintracht Braunschweig and Werder Bremen have announced that they will keep the reserve side.

Lupin III repped this.
  5. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Eintracht Frankfurt are the first to abolish their reserve team.

Lupin III repped this.
  6. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    And they play???....... in which league?? and from when?

7. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    After this season. And they won't play anymore anywhere then, since that's the point ;-)

8. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    FSV Frankfurt won't field a reserve team anymore as well from next season on (currently they are in the Oberliga, so no direct impact on the RL).

10. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Leverkusen have made it official now - they will also disband their reserve team.

Lupin III repped this.
  11. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Yes!!!! Freie Turner in the Regionalliga!!! Schalalalala and all that :inlove:

CCinGermany and "Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  12. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    VfB Lübeck 5-1 FT Braunschweig
    FT Braunschweig 4-0 Bremer SV
    VfB Lübeck 4-3 Bremer SV

--> VfB Lübeck and FT Braunschweig promote besides Hansa Lüneburg (directly promoted)
    to RL Nord.

Lupin III repped this.
  13. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    one step more for lubeck!

14. TASDD

TASDD Member

Jul 2, 2014
    lots of half knowledge mixed with bullshit..