The New Champion

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by destekke, Apr 20, 2008.

1. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Congrats to Royal Standard de Liège on winning their first title in 25 years.
    It took 'em a while, and winning the title against Anderlecht (2-0 at home) makes it a bit painful for us, but hey, on the whole, there was only team that had the right to claim the title.
    The proof that playing with youth pays.
    The Champions League Quals will be a disaster though.

2. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    RESPECT

Winning the Title with a bunch of 21 year olds, good to see Standard giving a chance to our youth. Unlike most other belgian teams who prefer 3rd class foreigners :rolleyes:

3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Congrats to Standard!

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Congratulations to Standard, well-deserved over the whole of the season, the most consistent team and the one that played the best-looking football, by far.

And I'm not sure they'll do all so badly in the CL qualifiers if they can keep this team together. They'd do a hell of a lot better than either Anderlecht and Club Brugge in their current state.

5. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    God i cant believe its been twenty five yrs since they last won. I also think its important that they get a good draw in the champions league qualifiers. Anderlecht got Fehnerbace and look what happend. As much as i hate standard i hope they make it to the group stages and give a good showing of what belgium football is capable of.

6. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    fenerbahce was the highest rated non-seeded club.
    Standard will be a non-seeded club due to their poor european results.
    Thus=> the chances of playing a club like Fiorentina or even Arsenal are huge