The New and Improved NT Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, Feb 9, 2011.

1. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Juanmi scores after an amazing assist from Deulofeu. 3-0 right after half time.

EDIT: Sarabia subbed out. Álex new captain.

EDIT: Morata scores. Good finish. 4-0.

2. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Morata scores, delayed but not to be denied even with his big 'ol head all wrapped up :D

3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Carvajal out injured.

EDIT: Morata scores a penalty. 5-0.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Damn missed the game. I see our boys have been brilliant, especially Sarabia.

They haven't seen him play (or much of him play), and look at his physique, then generalize.

5. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I'm really impressed with Carvajal. He is by far the best Spanish defender. Hopefully his injury is not to serious, although it does like he'll miss the final:mad:.

6. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    But he doesn't even look that way. He looks like he has no upper body strength at all.

Looked like a strain to me.

7. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I don't know.. when someone pulls up like that, it is usually not a good sign.

Not that it is a big deal, but I want to shake the announcer because he was talking about Real Madrid products on the team and he never mentioned Sarabia. :mad: Yes, your little piece of paper says he plays for Getafe, but c'mon dude!! Know you ish!!

8. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I, too, want to signal Dani Carvajal as one of the best out there. Some FB prospect.

9. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    It's a delightful prospect to imagine how strong the Spanish NT will be in the years ahead as they continue to dominate at all youth levels.

10. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lots of footy on this summer it seems.

Argentina's U20 beat Mexico with Lamela shinning. Brazil plays Egypt in an hour, hopefully we get a good game there. I am really excited to see Oscar (I think he is fantastic) and Egypt has got an interesting striking partnership in Salah and Ibrahim. Their goalkeeper, El Shennawy is supposed to be a great talent too, likened to El Hadary already.

11. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Lamela showed a few things (including the lone goal), but he was very sporadic. Still, you can tell he is talented. Their two top players are already headed to Europe: Lamela to Roma and Iturbe to Porto.

12. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dont understand why Iturbe didnt start. He did pretty well in the 2nd half when he came on.

13. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good game so far. Brazil one up, Oscar and Coutinho playing well. Egypt has been keeping the ball but finishing atrocious so far. Ibrahim looks like he can create something out of nothing though.

Edit: 1-1, bad defensive mistake from Brazil.

Edit 2: Finishes 1-1. Brazil disappointing, Egypt couldve easily won this had they finished their chances. El Shennawy taken off injured, looks bad.

14. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Good question. He was their leading scorer in qualifying for the U20 WC. Supposed to be an interesting prospect.

15. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I *think* Iturbe sustained a slight injury in one of Argentina's last warmup games before the tourney started against a third division Colombian team so it was probably a precaution.

16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Spain and France in the same WC qualifiers group!

17. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Three muppets and France. This is going to be tough.

18. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Only one goes through?

19. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Top two I believe.

20. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I think the 9 first place teams go through and then the top 8 second place teams play each other (not 100% sure the format).

21. Naustin

Naustin Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Correct. Its the same format from the WC2010 Qualifying.

22. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodrigo Just netted the second for Spain u20.

23. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    He finished with 2. Koke and Isco had the others in a 4-1 win. As expected, Canales was not available due to injury.

24. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Espana!!! U19 Euro Champions. First country to win the U19 and U21 title in the same year.

Tied it at 1-1 late in the game, then turned around a 1-2 deficit in the second half of overtime to win it 3-2.

Morata didn't score today, but he set up our second goal with a great pass of his head.

Well done boys!!!

25. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Is Rubén Pardo the new Xabi? I'll let you ponder that... :cool: