The New and Improved NT Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, Feb 9, 2011.

1. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Getafe want Morata on loan. They want to keep the Sarabia/Morta duo together. Well, they also want Leon.

2. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How much playing time would he get this season if he is promoted to the first team? What it would do to his development?

He is better off playing as a starter for Getafe this season while still being our player.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Common sense isn't too common.

I agree with you Toro. ;)

4. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This might sound like a funny idea but why dont we establish a partnership with another primera club (one who maybe struggling financially) and send our youth to their team as part of this partnership. One of the clauses could included fielding a minimum x players from our youth system.

This way the said club gets money &/potentially quality players and we get a better prospect back when we see them fulfilling their potential in primera.

Maybe we could even look further than Primera and maybe even a club that consistently qualifies for Europa/CL (could be a minnow like Rangers or some scottish team).

5. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ouch.

I am not really sure about this, but in FM (I know I know) you cant have an affiliated club in the same division as you, so am guessing thats the case IRL too.

6. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You Probably are right. But it's something we should be considering.

7. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    It doesn't need to be an affiliated club in that sense, but like both Getafe, us and the players have benefitted from such an "arrangement" in past, I am sure the same connection could be established with other clubs. Mallorca perhaps?

8. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    You mean like Parejo, Soldado, Rodrigo, Negredo, Marcos Alonso, Opare, etc? What good is it to loan a player to getafe and then have him come back to sit on the bench? With whom has this method worked at all? Granero? He would still be behind Alonso, Khedira and possibly Sahin in playing time.

We should promote Morata to have the minutes adebayor left.

9. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    De La Red would have been a perfect couple with Alonso.

10. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I ********ing loved De la Red as a player, but also as a person. What a good, humble dude. I wish him all the best, and wish more of our players could be like him both on ( no heart problems tho :D) and off the pitch.

11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not like they can't play the last 10-20 minutes in games were we are up by 2 or more. That imo would benefit them more then playing for Getafe, who knows if they are even gonna be starters there.

12. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I'm not sure I agree with you especially since there are going to be other first team fringe players in just as much need of minutes as those two. I don't see Mourinho using rwo out of three subs every game we're up two or more to give Morata/Sarabia a runout.

The fact of the matter is Getafe is not going to get this huge influx of cash this summer so they're still looking for players as cheaply as possible. Also last season despite their finish they were pretty good at times but they were missing a striker very badly, Morata would be a perfect fit and I was advocating this move back at the end if the season. He'll get plenty of minutes as will Sarabia whose talent and skillset will make it hard not to include him and has been been mentioned they'll be together.

I really think Getafe is the ideal situation for both of them and I think we have to trust Mourinho, especially with his recent comments about our youth, that they won't be forgotten or cast aside. If they continue to develop at this rather rapid pace and live up to expectations it will be impossible to anyway.

13. Benz09

Benz09 Member

Apr 11, 2011
    With your mom
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly which of our current crop of players are showing disrespect on and off the pitch? We have a good mannered group of players who are all humble. Don't mistakes Ronaldo's competitiveness with his 'morality' the guy is only doing what a forward is meant to be doing, constantly looking to score goals. I say Ronaldo cuz thats the only person i can see being mistaken as not having a humble attitude.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think Mourinho cares much about our youth anyway. I just don't see Getafe as an ideal place to develop right now. They will get minutes there that's for sure, but they won't become RM material there.

I hope i am wrong as i like these guys.

15. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Carvajal, Álex, Sarabia and Morata starting again in the semifinal against Ireland. Once again Deulofeu has been a stand out and he scored a great goal to put Spain ahead 1-0. And he only just turned 17. :eek:

16. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Sarabia and Deulofeu have been the stand-out players. Deulofeu with a goal and Sarabia with an assist.

17. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Gooooalazo... Sarabia with a great goal outside the box.

18. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sarabia with the 2-0! I hope this kid finds his way back to us :)

19. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I wouldn't call that an assist, but yeah Sarabia passed to Deulofeu who made the goal out of nowhere. And also out of nowhere Sarabia just shot from distance and Spain are now up by two.

20. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Sarabia has had a very strong half. Looks very confident on the ball.

Deulofeu (translated = God made him) is a good player too. No wonder cules have been pimping him.

21. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    What makes him even more impressive is the fact that he's two years younger than the rest.

22. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Sarabia is absolutely brilliant in the first half:cool:.

23. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Sarabia is running the show. Impressive.

Morata on the other hand has allowed the irish rugby defenders to take him mentally off the game.

24. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Sarabia misses a chance after the ball hit something on the pitch and jumped weirdly.

25. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I thought you were high on him now? :p

I don't understand why people keep claiming that Morata is great with his back to the goal, with headers etc. He doesn't seem like the physical type to me.