The Nacho Fernández Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by CivilProtection, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When I watched him play at Castilla, I never thought he would make it this far or be that good (didn't find him that special tbh). His ginger brother Alex was actually the better footballer of the two, but Nacho has learned a lot. He seems like a very intelligent person. There isn't actually a aspect where you say that he dominates, he is just very smart in his positioning, in his play. Very all round defender who you can play against 98% of the opposition without having a heart attack (Danilo..)

MerlinRM repped this.
  2. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The thing that surprises me again and again about Nacho is his pace -- He doesn't look it, but I think he's one of the faster players in the squad.

Lyra repped this.
  3. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His is very pacey, but he has insane focus. Maybe its because he plays next to Ramos, Danilo, and Marcelo so often so he stands out, but man, he is always on top of things.

Digital repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wasn't it determined somewhere that he was the fastest, pretty sure I read that somewhere on here

5. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yep. It was the same infographic that showed that Benzema was almost identical on pace as Toni lol.

Digital repped this.
  6. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    A think he has to start ahead Danilo tomorrow, even on the final, if Carvajal is not ready yet.

He brings stability to our defensive line, his passing accuracy is great and he is really really fast. He can score some clever free kicks too, it seems :p

7. Ƭяιиιтʏ

Ƭяιиιтʏ Member+

May 11, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Pass on the love... :inlove:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CR7PT, Doni, Tobias19 and 6 others repped this.
  8. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    hahahah ********ing dying

Doni repped this.
  9. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    damn , love all around! just great chemistry in the squad.

10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Slowly becoming our most valuable defender. Not to mention he went apeshit after that Valencia victory, look at this quote:
    https://www.managingmadrid.com/2018/1/29/16945398/nacho-real-madrid-psg-quotes-2018

[​IMG]

king felix repped this.
  11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MARCA reports Nacho is out from 2-4 weeks with a muscular injury to the right thigh

Well, hopefully he misses only the quarter-final round. Semi-finals will begin on April 24-25

12. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    download.jpeg

We should praise him more. He is rock solid in defence, extremely fast, technical, and he has a great ball control. To be honest it was a blessing in disguise when he came in for injured Dani.

13. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine your starting RB getting injured and only needing to bemoan the wasted sub. When Danilo was here we were praying that Carvajal/Marcelo wouldn't get injured, now it's not a problem

He should start for Spain if Carvajal can't make it

natenate101 repped this.
  14. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Period.

Very underrated outside of Madrid, would walk into any other team in Europe right now with the form he has shown this season. Immense.

natenate101 repped this.
  15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Amazing consistency too! I Don't remember him making a single huge mistake in defence that led to a goal...

Digital, Ƭяιиιтʏ and natenate101 repped this.
  16. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The fact that I felt no worry when Carvajal went down in the CL final sums up Nacho for me.

meringues, Digital, xmaje and 10 others repped this.
  17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Imagine having a player on your bench whom you can bring on or start in a CL final and not feel even an ounce of worry.

How reliable is this guy. Amazing. We always talk about players need to play to be at the highest level. Well Nacho shits on that every season. Sits on the bench and then plays a CL final or against top attackers in the world like its nothing.

Cantera legend.

Aimar 21, Tobias19, Digital and 12 others repped this.
  18. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Actually i am thinking if he should be a starter. I know Dani had heart issues and injury stuff the whole season but any way we look better with Nacho as RB.

natenate101 repped this.
  19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Pericarditis isn't really a long term heart issue that would effect his career. Its an infection, it was treated properly so he's all good.

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought he could be the rightback solution when Bayern and Juventus used the mismatch to score on us. Nacho is big and fast..... he could be the solution. I am not saying that he should start ahead of Dani.

21. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I have my doubts. Carvajal has a huge effect on attack and is capable of defending when on form. On the other hand when you have an attacking fullback like Marcelo it is wise to use a more defense minded opposite full back. Barca 2009 did this with Abidal and Alvez. Defending with 3 in the attack phase.

22. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Probably my favorite player in the club right now, love this guy and so happy to see him win another champions league! What a wonderful representation of the values we try to live up to. He's not perfect but he always puts in a hard working shift.

Digital repped this.
  23. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Was utter shite as a RB against Barca today.

Can't believe Lopetegui picked him ahead of Odriozola who's better than him

24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Nacho>Alaba [emoji41]

Zidane05, Ahmadi8, Drouchk and 2 others repped this.
  25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    He's looking more like his old self lately, I really thought his pace was gone but he looks much better

madridista_hr and Lyra repped this.