The most talented young player for Brazil

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Hagi, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    wow i'd just like to thank you guys on a great read that's educated and entertained me from start to finish.

Very informative and certainly gives me some names to watch out for :)

Keep it up guys.

hey tpmazembe how come you haven't posted ont he thread in the World cup forum? about best team of any world cup? hehe i said the same things about 58 brazil as u did. you'd find it an interesting read.

* returns to the lurking shadows.

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    does anybody know of gabriel? he is a fantastic young wingback for brazil U21s i think

3. Hagi

Hagi New Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Romania
    Has anyone of you heard about Cravalho da Rosa?

4. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Hey Dark Savante, I did post there (check out Jan. 25th on p.7) about '58. I see you are in the midst of a debate vis-a-vis Bra'82...good luck with that.

Gentlemen, this weekend I watched a 1967 Santos vs. River Plate friendly held in Leon Mexico. Great players all over the field, but the guy that impressed me the most was left-winger Edu (partly because I hadn't seen much of him on game film...Pele was also the joint, but I expected that). This dude, on this day, was unstoppable. Imagine Denilson with power and finishing skills. I understand that he was supposed to be the '70 starter until Zagallo went for his favorite Rivelino. Another great player lost in the dust bin of unrecorded history.

The Argentine goalie Carizzo was great in that game as well.

5. Hagi

Hagi New Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Romania
    If Denilson would have the finishing of Raul or Ronaldo he would be surely the 2nd Pele, even better!

6. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    New Brazilian talent

18 Year old Diego (Santos) is just the begining of the new young and very talented blood to enter the Brazilian squad. He was called up for the first time. His 18 year old teammate Robinho should follow soon.

Add to them many more young guys and established players and Brazil is looking very very strong in 2006. Almost TOO strong.

Another 18 year old Diego plays for Inter, but he is a rookie and stills needs to show more stuff before being considered for the national team.

7. Hagi

Hagi New Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Romania
    What's the full name of the Diego from Inter?

8. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe its boredom? Robinho needs knew challenges and opportunities which lie in Europe and in the National Team.

9. ROM2

ROM2 New Member

Apr 27, 2000
    He may not be young but at 24 he ain't old - I've recently been tingoed by Tinga a center mid with the tecnique of a hole player - will the reach da selecao'?

10. Hagi

Hagi New Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Romania
    So Diego from Santos is the best player in the world at the 18-20 age now?

11. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Depending where in Europe he'd go, they'd slice and dice him 5000 different ways. At the end of the Brasileiro last year, Santos said Robinho was not for sale.

12. Hagi

Hagi New Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Romania
    Maybe Diego will leave...

13. Enganche

Enganche Red Card

Apr 30, 2003
    Re: Trajano on Robinho

No he isn't. Robinho has too many ups and downs right now but remember he's only 19. Diego is more consistent but I don't think either one is ready yet to go to Europe. They should stay another year, at least, in Brasil.

14. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the best 25 surely IMO. The best? Well that's really hard to say and subject to opinion and national and regional bias.

15. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    U want some great players?

U wanna know some good players... well diego from santos was a starting lineup from the professional team when he was 16... and when he was 17 he commanded santos to win the brazilian championship! Robinho also from santos has incredible dribles, like denilson. Kaka from são paulo is also a great attacking midfielder. Renato defender midfielder from santos is probably one of the best in this position, and soon he will be on Brazil's National Team. And some great strikers like Luis Fabiano (São Paulo) and Ricardo Oliveira(Santos) make nilsterooy, makaay, kluivert and trezeguet look like amateurs.