The Michael Bradley thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ttrevett, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    After Couva I never had Bradley in any lineups. It didn't make any sense just from the age point of view. He would be like 36 or something in Qatar. Why are we discussing this guy? Obviously the corrupt media have their reasons but nobody on these boards should have any reason to discuss Bradley as a possibility for the USMNT.

UncagedGorilla repped this.
  2. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Here is Matt Doyle over on MLS site weighing in on Bradley's Toronto team
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/02/20/whats-going-toronto-fc-bobby-warshaw-matt-doyle-discuss

I have serious questions about Toronto's roster construction. But that's on the front office, and Ali Curtis just got there. That'll take time.

What head coach Greg Vanney and his staff (and obviously the players) are responsible for is the on-field part and it's not just the older players whose level has dropped. Marky Delgado in 2018 was a shadow of the player he’d been in 2016 and 2017, and he started 2019 with one of the most ineffectual performances I’ve ever seen from him. Eriq Zavaleta was a starting caliber CB in 2016 and most of 2017 – he fell off a cliff in 2018. Alex Bono has dipped. Jay Chapman hasn’t improved. Ashtone Morgan is not what he was in 2015. I can see the same trendline forming with Auro.

When that many guys are trending in the wrong direction, there's some serious soul-searching that needs to happen. It just feels like something's broken and I think Tuesday's result, performance and body language from the players are symptomatic.

Got that? Yeah, BS bitches, listen to the pros, baby.

Matt Doyle, your tickets to the Sky Boxes in LA are ready to be picked up. Will you be needing limousine service from the hotel? Mr. Bradley would like to see you at the bar before the game.

smokarz and USA-Zebuel repped this.
  3. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why didn't Bradley step up and take some responsibility after the Panama semi pros carved him up like swiss cheese?

Has Bradley ever uttered such words despite him being a styrofoam anchor.

4. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    He lets his walking do the talking.

nowherenova, majspike, laxcoach and 3 others repped this.
  5. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is bizarre. Let’s just leave it with the statements of Eriq Zavaleta as ever being starter quality CB. TFC survived at times with Zavaleta at CB, but it was never pretty or comfortable. Matt Doyle, bleh.

6. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    I think if MB largely escaped unscathed from his captaincy and performance in the Hex, and has pretty much walked back into the US lineup, he will similarly escape any criticism about Toronto's play. He did for the most part last year as well, cuz he provided such leadership by playing CB when needed.

I'll never understand where the fear of criticism comes from, but have pretty much accepted it at this point.

btlove, adam tash and UncagedGorilla repped this.
  7. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    I didn't watch the game but note that it's interesting that there was no mention of MB despite being both the highest paid MLS player and captain of TFC.

How did he play?

8. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loss of access to USSF/SUM/MLS.

TOAzer and TimB4Last repped this.
  9. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those two “analysts” have their talking points handed to them.

And they know not to bite the hand which feeds them. Or else disappear never to be heard from again.

10. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played very very badly. TnT badly.

laxcoach repped this.
  11. Three and Three

Three and Three Member+

Sep 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Did he offer any political pronouncements?

12. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Did he play any gorgeous diagonal passes while not pressured?

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  13. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Those mean Panamanians pressured him.

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  14. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were the Independiente variable, the bastards.

SamsArmySam repped this.
  15. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't those Panamanians understand that Bradley is a lion who doesn't mind the sheep, and his best years are ahead of him? How dare they suggest otherwise.

nowherenova, yurch10 and TOAzer repped this.
  16. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    It has been one whole month since anyone has bashed on Bradley!
    There has to be a master’s thesis here...

Mahtzo1 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  17. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    perhaps the end really is near? Maybe I can get off the street corner and retire my signs?

Pegasus repped this.
  18. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will pick back up when he's on the GC roster.

truefan420 and adam tash repped this.
  19. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I see you've missed the other threads in this forum.

USA-Zebuel, gunnerfan7, WrmBrnr and 3 others repped this.
  20. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Corey Baird is aiming for popularity on the internet.

Baird says he actually enjoys trying out different spots, the better to get a feel for his personal strengths and weaknesses. His recent experiences with the USMNT as a whole have been slightly surreal, conscious dreams.

“It’s something you dream about as a kid, getting to play with some guys who I grew up watching on TV in important games,” Baird said. “To become friends with them, to get to talk to them on a daily basis, and seeing all the little things they do right, it’s a really good environment.”

Asked if he’d modeled his game after any new USMNT teammate in general, his answer was surprising, given that he comes across more as a brute-force attacker than a creative type: Michael Bradley. Beyond their positional dissimilarities, though, Baird’s choice of role model does make some sense. Bradley has also cultivated a reputation as a grinder, who prides himself on work ethic more than anything else.

https://theathletic.com/930511/2019...e-drive-was-honed-and-where-it-may-lead-next/

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, Corey Baird. Sharp thinking, there. It's as if "Corey Baird, NFL Prospect at Running Back", when asked as to who he should emulate to better appreciate the variety of styles and slots for a running back [Could it be Jim Brown? Walter Payton? Dickerson? One of The Four S -Sayres, Simpson, Sanders, Smith ?] had answered: "Larry Csonka! He's A Grinder! My Hero!"

Ok, Corey, Grinder Bradley it is ........:coffee:

22. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Somebody link that highlight from the Seattle game!

TOAzer repped this.
  23. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DId YoU JUst shIt On LArRy CzsONKa?????

24. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  25. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    1117181815113097217 is not a valid tweet id

I think current excuse for this would be "he's not a 6, he's playing an 8 now for US, where he should always have been"?