The Michael Bradley thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ttrevett, Jun 11, 2015.

1. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    where is Superdave and an Unpaved road to bring the ultimate deflection?

2. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don’t worry, they are already in other threads. Waiting for them deflect by blaming JK and Cameron!

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  3. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at the lineup, it appears MB90 and WTF90 are straight swaps in the SUM system. Gotta have them white suburban "thinker and leader" guys in there to keep getting that sweet, sweet travel league cash.

Thank goodness Berhalter is in the Company already.

4. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    In the beginning, headless chickens getting beaten down our left flank repeatedly. For a brief period during the beginning of the 2nd half, like headless chickens with fight and the will to counterattack like we did in the old days. In the end, headless chickens chasing shadows.

Mike didn't look like a headless chicken. Just slow. Very, very slow.

Magikfute and DHC1 repped this.
  5. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    I was the fist one to say Jones USMNT career looks to be finished because he looked like a 50- year old in his last game, Even though he provided a lot for the team that day down in Panama including the pass that led to Pulisic's goal.

Bradley looks even worse like a 67- year old.

6. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    the captain once again cant organize his team?

so its either every soccer coach stinks or we should stop building around MB90....

I pick the latter.

7. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Just need to find him the right partner?

chad and #1 Feilhaber and Adu repped this.
  8. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    As I said, this whole thing has for quite some time sounded more like a personal crusade than anything resembling news or analysis. In my opinion doesn't belong on this forum anymore but over in US Men with your 101 other Bradley-centric rants... Just today you've managed to torch an entire straw man army on this topic.

superdave repped this.
  9. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    You got a problem with me calling out a lack of accountability? Got it.

Once again Michael Bradley went 90 minutes with the captain armband and was jogging back to defense with the game 2-2 in the 74th minute.

Let me hear your mature analysis on that.

Namdynamo, chad, TOAzer and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    And yet another regiment of straw men go up in flames. I don't know what you suppose you're accomplishing, but it's getting old, and I really don't think it has any more reason to be on this side of the park anymore.

Ironbound repped this.
  11. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Mr. Mature.

12. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    Well, comparatively-speaking, yes. Clearly.

13. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Too funny.

we should analyze Bradley's jogging together, and might learn a few things with my "personal" agenda.

14. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    No. The point you miss is that any analysis of Bradley's play is pointless. Your crusade is simply immature and not worthy of any serious debate. But since you don't seem capable of getting over it (whatever "it" is), it's probably time we cease communicating.

Ironbound, onefineesq and neems repped this.
  15. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    sorry I hurt your feelings, Mr. Mature.

maybe we can "jog" it out.

16. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    You're not hurting my feelings (like literally everyone else I find Bradley to be surplus to our needs at this point, and most likely from here on out), you're just annoying me like a jilted teenager in the backseat who won't shut up. And so in the interest of keeping the board civil, I'm just going to use the mute button, and that's going to be the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

neems repped this.
  17. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    #3567 #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    why am I annoying you? im just a bigsoccer poster. Breath.

18. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Bradley is pioneering a new position, the non-defensive defensive midfielder. You play it by sitting deep in the spot where a traditional #6 would play so that you can play simple passes from deep under no pressure. But then you switch it up by not actually playing much defense.

We just learned what replacing McKennie and Adams with Bradley and Acosta looks like.

19. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Don't try to pin him down to a position, as that creates obfuscating arguments about where he is "best". The key thing is to mention that he's not a 10, 8, or 6, and simply needs the right partner around him that allows him to maximize his abilities. We're still searching.

Get that man another 90 against Peru!

I am kinda surprised that there's not more defense of him. Was a slight bit during the game (because he has literally zero responsibility on the field so never looks horrendous), but people of all backgrounds are sick of this it seems. Glad I missed it last night and glad to be missing the Peru game whenever that is.

20. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This would have been more persuasive if you had presented an argument, as opposed to just calling people names.

chad repped this.
  21. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Marko72

There is no rational position left to justify Bradley's involvement with the national team. They've all been exposed.
    - His motor is tragically broken.
    - He lacks the ability to play the 10.
    - He lacks the ability to play the 8.
    - He lacks the ability to play the 6.
    - He lacks perspective on his form and responsibility.
    - He is not a leader.
    - He was captain -- and jogging! -- during the greatest modern failure of the team.
    - His form is awful.

So if it appears to you that everyone is on a crusade, that is because 1) they care about the national team and 2) they're tired of his defenders doing little more than personal attacks and cleaving to fond memories and feelings of identification with the player.

If you have something resembling an argument or analysis that Bradley should continue to play (oh dear god, please not an appeal to authority or experience), then state it.

22. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    this was very well written - I'm particularly pleased with what wasn't stated: that MB is a cancer, is a narcissist, only played because of nepotism, etc.

I won't speak for Marko72 but I'd bet dollars to donuts that he and many others wouldn't have an broad argument against what you've written.

WrmBrnr repped this.
  23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I got a feeling many folks here will be rooting for another NT after Berhalter or Vermes is named.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Who is advocating for Bradley to be involved at this point with the national team?

You're attacking a straw man. No one has found his presence in today's roster justifiable. No one has found his being captain excusable.

The most a couple of people have said (and I add the sentiment) is that our pool is not so great as to "fire for good" a player who may yet return to form, although IMO that is unlikely.

No one here has said he should have been called at this point. You're attacking that which no one has said.

25. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    I didnt watch the game closely as was out with most others focused on NFL game. No idea if I'll go back and watch.

Cancer isnt the the right word, but there were definitely moments that the team seemed very complacent and slow, reminding me of 3 of the last four games of the Hex. Not sure what to label it but I definitely don't like it.... disease, infection??? it also isnt necessarily all MB90s fault.