The Miami Conundrum

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by futbol in Miami, Aug 2, 2015.

1. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iam happy to see soccer clubs springing around Miami and the S Florida region. Out of nowhere we have Miami United, Miami Fusion, Miami FC (expanding next year) and the Strikers.

On top of that, we now have what seems like an inevitable MLS team expanding here as well in the next few years.

How will the lower division clubs compete with Becks and MLS? Will they hold strong and grow or become obsolete once MLS is officially in town? How many teams would you support?

I personally hope they all stay. Having soccer being represented in several divisions will give fans so many options to watch and enjoy. different competitions, local tryouts, different cups to aim for. itll only catapult our sport further in this town. ill always support soccer initiatives, especially the kind the grows the American leagues.

Whats everyone opinion? Is this a good problem to have?

Lucho305 repped this.
  2. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, im sorry man, didnt really notice that this topic was created, been very busy for the past few weeks, lol all i do is post and see what the people reply with, but I am very happy to give my .02 cents

Me personally, I love the fact that soccer here in Miami has blown up, mind you, in the past few years there was only one team, and that was the Strikers/Miami FC 1.0 (traffic). Now there seems to be an explosion of teams and in every pyramid of soccer the US has to offer here in Miami. Im loving it.

Now, I will in fact root for the NASL Miami team when they come next year because I really want a team to call my own, and i'm excited to see what the rivalry will bring (305 vs 954) in the NASL. As for Miami MLS I want to see the rivalry brew with the Orlando Mickey Mouse squad, I really have this dislike with that team, because I feel like they honestly stole our thunder. There is a saying in Colombia fro los Caleños (Cali es Cali y lo resto es loma) it translates to english as Cali is Cali and the rest is land (not important), and I relate that to Florida as Miami is Miami and the rest is everglades, because to the Miami resident Florida literally is nothing but Miami, other cities dont compare to us, even those that try to relate to us and call themselves South Florida (yea, no. Stop) Miami is the best, PERIOD.

Back to your post, this is what is called a beautiful problem, now I hope there is enough support for both teams, if not then I see the NASL moving to another state. All I know is that I will support both teams, it would be good to have two teams because that way if one is bad the city would jump on the other team if they are doing better, or we have two chances to win a championship in soccer every year.

With all this influx of Florida teams, I can see a preseason tournament every year, between the NASL and MLS squads, maybe a tournament called Kings of Florida Cup, or Ponce De Leon cup, etc. etc. whatever it maybe it would be awesome to have a statewide tournament, that will grow the sport and pride for each city in Florida,

futbol in Miami repped this.
  4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So your concerned there is too much soccer in Miami area?

Seems like a first world problem. If they can't survive when MLS arrives, then I guess the market has answered the question. All the small minor teams won't do anything to effect the MLS drive. It usually doesn't.

5. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it definitely is a first world problem. its unfortunate that these lower division teams decided to expand right when Becks MLS decided on Miami. Id like for evey team team to succeed, but i guess only time will tell how much MLS will affect the smaller fish.

6. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did you guys think of the Miami FC badge/crest? U liked? how will this affect Beckhams decision on colors for the MLS team? I honestly figured that the NASL team would not use any Miami colors, they went with a Gator color theme. So now that the Miami FC has their colors, would that influence beckham not to use these colors? No orange or Blue? Maybe he will use the cities / counties colors for the team? Thoughts....

7. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i guess now theyll go another route. or perhaps still have a somewhat similar color scheme for reasons we dont yet know.

im not much of a conspiracy theorist. nor am i an expert in sports business, but, i cant help but think theres something going in behind the scenes here.

Maldini and Beckham played together at AC Milan. could it be they some how maintained contact and reunited? maybe a deal where first Maldini established a more grassroots movement with Miami FC (even Silva... Maldinis partner, said as much about focusing more at grassroots level), so that in the next 3 years by the time MiamiMLS comes into town, the fanbase would have an easy transition, and maybe let Miami FC die off while Maldini and Silva join Becks team to start operating the new MiamiMLS?

it sounds outlandish. but its something that has me thinking.

and i do love the Miami FC badge and colors. now its up the kit design.

Lucho305 repped this.
  8. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a bad observation, but would MLS Miami use the same crest?

11. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    again, im no expert in sports business/management. my guess is BecksMLS would adopt a similar crest design.

12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Slow down, there's very little evidence and zero precedence for a NASL/MLS connection. Sad really.