The Málagan Moroccan Magician - Bienvenido Brahim Diaz

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jan 6, 2019.

1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    If he leaves we would suffer for not having quality bench options.

Prit Javier and Drouchk repped this.
  2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    It depends, if we go more or less with we have now then yes he should absolutely stay but if we do bring in more attacking options then it gets a little more complicated, I don’t want him stuck getting only Copa Del Rey minutes.
    Ideally though he’d stay and take Asensio and Lucas minutes.

3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the same about this situation as I think about Vin, just that he would be even further down the pecking order, “if” ZZ decides to keep all of Marco, Isco and Lucas V ( I really hope not , we’ll see eventually) and if Hazard is coming, these young players are going to have a hard time getting mins, a feeling not a fact

4. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vini and brahim don't have to worry about Isco. quite funny when you hear otherwise. L

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Isco, Lucas and most probably Asensio won't perform upto RM standards even if they end up staying next season. So if Brahim stays, I end up seeing him getting ahead of them in the pecking order in a month or two into the season. Vin already far superior to their current level.

6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I dont think is possible that we start the season with Asensio, Hazard, Lucas, Benzema, Brahim, Vini and Rodrigo + New9/Mariano
    At least 2 would be sold or go on loan.

Right now we have only 6 forwards.

Digital repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We have to sell to fund these transfers... amd selling Llorente, Ceballos and Navas ain't gonna cut it.

I'm just gonna be patient and wait for things to materialize.

8. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We need one of Kroos/Isco/Bale to be sold to raise significant transfer funds, but I think Bale will go out on loan and Kroos is staying. Isco has full (blind) faith from Zizou.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm good with keeping Kroos if it means we sell Isco and Asensio.

If it were up to me I'd sell Isco, Asensio, Bale, Kroos, Ceballos, Lucas, Nacho, Kovacic and James (if we really ain't gonna use him).

I'd loan Vallejo and Reguilon (sell if he doesn't renew).

MerlinRM and Anon. repped this.
  10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    There's a report that the club wants to loan him but he says no.

This loan or keep debate over young players is mostly very complicated. Especially for young fringe players like Brahim and Odegaard. You can't be certain either way about what's the best thing for them AND the club. Mostly you end up harming one entity.

If Zizou can commit to playing him a lot only then should we keep him for next season. Rotting at the end of the bench for weeks and then looking out of sorts when you get a game is only delaying his development and the eventual loan the season after.

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    According to Marca Zidane met with Brahim today to inform him that he is counting on him for next season.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good move by ZZ. Rodrygo will probably be registered and start with Castilla right away. Lucas should be sold and Brahim should be ahead of Asensio as things stand.

Drouchk repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There are also reports that Brahim refused all loan suggestions. Said he signed with Real Madrid to be in Madrid and could have went on loan as a city player as well.

I think he can provide a good option, and he's already there, just as long as he plays.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You are literally choosing to dismiss the report which puts Zidane in a positive light to focus on the "report" that attacks him negatively.

The sad part is the "report" you chose to highlight was sourceless speculation without any quotes which was written by one of the two guys who released the "Zidane informs Brahim he counts on him" report today, where they actually directly quote and paraphrase "sources".

Drouchk repped this.
  15. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Superb move by Zidane. Hopefully this means that we'll hear shortly that "Zidane met with Lucas, thanked him for his immense service and informed him to look for a new club next season". These kids (Brahim, Rodrygo and perhaps Odegaard) need to get the nod next season.

MerlinRM, Halycon, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He gave an interview two days ago saying "I'm going to be in Madrid next season whether they like it or not".

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    "They" could be Florentino or the board.

After all Zidane wanted Mbappe, but "They" knew better and decided to bet on Gareth Bale.

What we know is Zidane rates the kid, plays the kid and yet you still have to find a way to slant something negative toward Zidane.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane's job is to win. So far he's been worse than Solari. Until we get back to winning, he's on my sh*tlist.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    What delicious irony.

Is Mourinho's job not to win as well or is it just to seem cool and brag about mediocre results while celebrating semi-finals and 2nd place finishes?

How you change the measuring stick for those you like comparative to those you don't is just smh.

20. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He didn’t say that, he said he wants to stay yes or yes, key word being “want”, Brahim is not crazy enough to think that that decision would actually be up to him.

Zidane’s job is to win next season, not right now, our games currently are about as important pre season games.

Shay Z repped this.
  21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Imagine hating your previous three in a row CL winning, league winning manager because when he's rehired at the end of a disappointing season where you can't win any trophies.... he isn't winning every meaningless match.

All the while Ramos has been resting for months, Benzema has been shut down and Vinicius just came back from injury.

Oh and he isn't trying to play his strongest sides, he's testing players out

Lol

AriGold and Drouchk repped this.
  22. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm sorry, but why is Zidane on your sh*tlist? That doesn't make any sense to me, but perhaps you can clarify.

PigBenis, Shay Z, Pundorikakho and 2 others repped this.
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd like to know this too as i don't understand why you would come to that conclusion @4x4s ?

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because the team is worse than under Solari, mostly on the backs of the players that were brought back simply because of the name they have on the shirt.

Even now, I can't help but feel the Pogba transfer is more about the person than the player.

Overall I'm disappointed with the return of Zidane. The players have been phoning it in and he doesn't really do anything.

Can't stand watching the team humiliate itself every week.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Isn't that the whole point of Zidane coming back early? So he can play those "same" players and determine who are redeemable for next season and who aren't?

The team has nothing to play for. Locked into 3rd, out of the league, out of the cup, out of the CL. Zidane isn't brought here to be judged on this year. He's brought here to be judged on what he does next year and beyond. That was always the plan. To start blaming him for current results seems silly.

PigBenis, Shay Z, jgun07 and 2 others repped this.