The Málagan Moroccan Magician - Bienvenido Brahim Diaz

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jan 6, 2019.

1. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He'll play in the bench. a lot.

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed completely , we are the kind of club where everyone wants to win and win right now!!, that is demanded of the team, patience shamcience, absolutely need some proven players too, all those young players that get on the pitch and don’t perform at the highest level “immediately” will be slaughtered ( Marco?) that could probably affect them and their career arc for the rest of their lives, and if they don’t get on the pitch, sitting around on the bench could have the same effect, delicate balancing trick is needed, and, most of all a “good coach” to make it all work

3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    The kid's touch in tight spaces is very impressive, here is some footage from his debut.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    One thing that is apparent from highlights and today is that he looks like he's very weak on the ball, needs to work on some lower body strength. You see a lot of nifty touches that end in him being pushed off the ball.

5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Didn’t see anything special today, but the sample size was very small

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    To be honest that's a pretty good eye by @Zidane05

When I've notice him play he tends to be always falling or stumbling. As I said earlier he can have a heavy first touch and pass (mainly passing).

Zidane05 repped this.
  7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Brahim: "We had a good game & personally I'm very content. I know there are many stars here but I will do my best to try & keep convincing the manager. Bernabeu ovation? I'm grateful. We must give them the best football because they deserve it." https://t.co/PNgtiGAJkW

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Brahim and Isco are really very much alike.

Digital repped this.
  9. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is that a good or bad thing, for our team specifically?

10. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

Decent game from him yesterday, he looked a bit nervous at times but you could tell the kid has bags of potential. A loan to a team like Betis next season could do wonders for him and us.

-Reivax- and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1120013427613716480 is not a valid tweet id

1120101906292961281 is not a valid tweet id

Zidane on Brahim:

"He's a good player. I knew about him before and what I like about Brahim is that when he picks the ball up, h heads for goal. He likes to get on the ball and link up with other. It's a shame that he didn't score the chance he had, I would have like to see him score. It's a shame because he was only out there for 10 or 12 minutes".

Drouchk repped this.
  12. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    One thing I love about this kid is his true two footed-ness....I still don’t know what his strongest foot is.

Halycon and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane speaking like he isn't in charge of who plays and substitutions. :D

PigBenis, madridista_hr, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  14. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can clearly see the kid comes from a Pep team. Always in movement, one touch the ball and he is gone.

That first pass on Modric was good as well, 'normal' players would have made the easy pass to Marcelo there.

IMO he has huge potential. He and Odegaard would be perfect back-ups for Hazard/VJR. Sell Lucas and Asensio.

15. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol, not at all.

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I chuckled at that part too.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently the transfer has bonuses that could see it cost 25 mil. and if we sell the player, Manchester City get 15% of whatever we get, and 40% of whatever we get if we sell him to Manchester United.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't agree with the Odegaard part, but I wouldn't mind Brahimi staying, however it would have to be at the cost of another player like Asensio.

I could see a trident of Hazard, Benzema and Vinicius being damn good. Then with Brahimi, Jovic and Brahimi backing them up.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We got two of them now :alien:

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Well you did say he is the same as Isco lol

Anon. repped this.
  21. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same as Isco, as in “future potential possible maybe Balon d’Or Winner”

22. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A season on loan at a La Liga team would be the best option for his development.

23. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This kid oozes class , he deserves a midtable team(or even towards top) where he'll be a starter for a whole year to develop.

Getafe,Valencia & Sevilla are fighting for that final UCL spot and there's also Bilbao & Alaves as possible destinations.

For example Susaeta had a dreadful season ,being by far their worst player and he players on the right behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1. Not to mention that most of these Spanish teams unfortunately sell away their players.

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't see what people see in him. A couple of fancy moves here and there, but nothing that separates him from the field. To top it off, he's very weak on the ball. Not enough end product to me, and can definitely benefit from a full season starting somewhere.

BjornH, PigBenis, Lyra and 3 others repped this.
  25. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Summed well. Whenever I’ve watched him play for City, he has some clever movement on and off the ball. Jinks around here and there, but I can see why City weren’t massively bothered about offering him a significant contract or role.