Review: The lost talents thread: Players who did not realize their potential

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    One of the most pointless signings of the season, Samed Yesil has only made 2 appearances for Uerdingen so far this season only playing a grand total of 10 minutes.

Bazi and Ger90 repped this.
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Forgot that Okan Aydin scored so many long range golazo back in the day

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Just realized that Melvin Krol signed with Holstein Kiel's reserves back in February, but has yet to play. He's still unlikely to make it as a pro

Ger90 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and look like he's out of the club too, needs to find a new club this Summer.

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Between the injuries which have severely hindered his development and what seemingly may look like attitude issues as well, Yesil is done

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Blueberry_night repped this.
  9. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Right the Man City forum is dead and the guy in question is considered the best uncapped German if not the best uncapped player. I wonder if anybody @Gregoriak has heard whether it is worth seeing

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Atakan Akkaynak, once a key German youth NT player from U16-U19, can't even get off the bench while on loan in the Turkish league. Looks like he's well on his way to being in this category.

Ger90 repped this.
  12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Palace just has no reason to shuffle the team and Hodgson is not the manager to find a player like Max Meyer useful. He wasn't wanted at all at Palace who mixed him up with Joshua Kimmich when he was introduced (just unbelievable but has happend). Probably not the fault of Max Meyer at this point. The real question is why he went to Palace in the first place.

EDIT: your link provides the whole story, thanks

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if you believe Schalke who bashed him, Meyer only cares about $$$. After the whole fuss at Schalke wonder if there would be interest in Germany.

I honestly don't even know where he plays anymore. He was more AM/W initially than he went backwards and backwards playing DM/CM. What's his best current position not sure like at all. Meyer wasn't particularly effective as an attacker. Feels like clubs think a kid will become more efficient as they get older they just need the experience so they keep playing them but sometimes one can stagnate as they get older and never find that efficiency uptop. He's already 24, still young enough to get his career back on track but isn't a kid anymore either.

Reminds me of how Hofmann at Gladbach used to be an attacker before moving to midfield.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    can't believe he made the 2010 WC over Reus.

BVBFNM, Blueberry_night and Boandlkramer repped this.
  17. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    :eek::eek::eek:

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    from Serbia to Saudi Arabia.

A journeyman to bitter end.

19. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Yes Marko Marin sucks. But at this point he's 30 and wants to make more money before the end of his career. Not too different from other washed up guys like Sandro Wagner, Lasogga, etc. He's already good enough for the Serbian, if not one of the top players there.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

him and 99-Dadashov were promising but being nutjob/headcases ruined their prospects.

I can't blink without seeing Dadashov being controversial. His current club EPL Wolves, agreed a loan but he REJECTED It after it was done deal, LMAO.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

However, Sky Sports reporter Rob Dorsett confirmed that a deal had been agreed for the striker to join Blues but it was rejected by the player who would prefer to stay in the Black Country.

This is now ludicrous: Renat Dadashov has also turned down a late move from Wolves to Birmingham. The two clubs had agreed a loan deal but the player has decided against it. Was time to do the deal, but Dadashov said no.”

Dadashov went to play for Azerbaijan for millions and a house. I also recall stories about him physically fighting people when at Frankfurt. After that what club in Germany would touch a psycho. It was RB Leipzig who ruined him, making him switch to their club for money and he became completely spoiled.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lucas Scholl: Formerly a super talent, today 4th division - "Live again with my mother"

In 2013 Lucas Scholl seemed on the verge of following in his father Mehmet's footsteps. This had run for FC Bayern for 15 years and had won not only eight championships, five cup wins, but also the Champions League and, with the national team, the European Championship. The son man is currently far away from big titles. If under Pep Guardiola he was still an uncut rough diamond, the junior now earns his living in the Regionalliga Bayern.

Scholl is stagnating in the regional league
    "I switched to Garching especially in the winter to collect practice and offer myself again for professional football," explains Scholl in the "SportBild" interview. "Now there is a Corona break and I'm stuck in the Regionalliga." Before that, he had laced his soccer shoes for Wacker Nordhausen for three years (14 goals, 16 assist in 57 games) in the Regionalliga Nordost. Here, too, the 23-year-old wanted to “actually recommend playing for other clubs. Then there were many cancellations due to the weather, and I was injured. In the end, I was not paid any salary there, so I had to go. ”

However, Scholl has no financial problems. “I had a good contract with Bayern and also earn something with Garching. At the moment I am living with my mother again and I don't have to pay rent, that helps. ”Nevertheless, he dares to do even more than the fourth grade,“ I haven't forgotten how to play football. ”But Scholl has not missed the fact that it is more difficult“ Coming out of the regional league than coming in. ”His teammates would not be partly to blame for his current situation, but“ If I want to play a quick one-two in the regional league, it works less often in the regional league than in the Bundesliga. So I may already be missing five goals or assists on the account. It's harder to shine there. ”

"At 17, I didn't understand Guardiola"
    That's exactly what Scholl should be in the first team of the German record champion. "I was still a child at the time, just too immature," admits the attacking midfielder. “In the morning I was still sitting at the dining table with my mother, and a little later with Götze, Lewandowski and Guardiola in Bavaria's professional cabin. That was too quick for me. ”At that time, the Spanish star coach“ told him a sentence that was the most beautiful and worst sentence in one. He said, 'Lucas, you can do everything in football, but you have to change your head.' I was 17 at the time and didn't understand what he wanted from me. ”
    Plan B: coaching career
    Ultimately, it should never be enough for professionals to play competitive games. In the summer of 2015, Scholl finally noticed "that it would not be anything at FC Bayern." His contract expired and "I played very bad football at the time." Today his ambitions are completely different than a few years ago. “When I was 18 I wanted to play Champions League. Today I dream of playing in the professional field again. I'm too good for it not to work out. ”Nevertheless, Scholl knows that he is“ certainly no longer the most sought after player ”. He hopes for “an offer from abroad.” Giving up is not yet an option for the former Guardioa pupil. "I'm fighting my way out of there. I will try to offer trial training at various clubs. ”

However, if he can no longer achieve the turnaround, he does not see himself “sitting in the office at some point with a suit. My plan B is soccer. If it doesn't work out with my active career, I definitely want to work as a trainer. ”A job that Scholl senior had already done at Bayern between 2008 and 2013.
    https://www.fussballeck.com/bundesl...-heute-4-liga-wohne-wieder-bei-meiner-mutter/

23. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

May 21, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Holtby

Bazi repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

went from breaking through Bayern 1st team which is not an easy feet and playing 70 games there, even winning CL 2013 as well.

to now 2BL with Sandhausen.

this guy never realized his potential due to always being injured. Has had like non stop injury/fitness issues over last 3 seasons. Already 30 years old.

25. Psychosis hsv

Psychosis hsv Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Tobias Rau

Blueberry_night repped this.