The lineup for the 2/12/03 friendly vs. Czech?

Discussion in 'France' started by n00bie deluxe, Jan 27, 2003.

1. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    So, who does Santini pick for this game. It's really "meaningless" because there's nothing on the line. Does he use the old regulars like Zidane and Henry, or does he continue to mix in new talent? I think he should try to re-integrate guys who were injured for WC - Pires and Trez. and maybe test out a few new faces.

2. ZZ10

ZZ10 New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    PARIS
    my teams

The team Santini will select :
    Barthez,Thuram,Desailly,Gallas or Mexes,Sylvestre,Petit,Viera,Zizou,Pires,Wiltord,
    Henry

The team I would like Santini to give a try
    Landreau,Zebina,Mexes,Boumsong,Sylvestre,Luccin,
    Viera,Malbranque (the only player who may "replace" Zidane some day), Pires, Cisse,Govou

A wonderful opportunity to see what these players can do at the highest level. Pires needs to play that is why he is here.

3. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    I agree w/ you about Steed. I don't understand why he was left off of the last few games. He was the best player (and captain) on France U-21, and Zidane won't be around forever. Steed for Les Bleus!!

4. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Speaking of Pires, I just found out his father is Portugese and his mom Spanish. No wonder his name is not that of a typical Frenchman. But I digress.

5. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Just read Barthez is out. I forgot the 2 keepers in at goal who will replace him, but WTH isn't Sebastian Frey on the team? He's doing really well for Parma this year. Why he is not on the National Team is beyond me.

6. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    He's not French he's a poser. I don't want him on Les Bleus don't care how good he is. The rules suck.

7. Mehr

Mehr New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Heh, most of the French team is not even French, Fifa should really do something about it. They are like a club team the way they select players.

8. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Dumbest thing i've heard on this forum, and that's a pretty big acheivement considering 80% of big soccer's posters are retarded.
    Pray tell, Mehr, what should fifa do? Tell a guy like Henry, "hey your black, you can't be French" and force him to play for Guadeloupe?
    Henry, like most of France's players were born in continental France, I can think of two who weren't ,Desailly and Viera, but they moved to France at a young age, thus have French citizenship.
    We do select players, but we don't buy them like clubs you moron, they automatically have the right to play for the NT since they are French.
    Farking newbies.

9. Mehr

Mehr New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Los Angeles
    What are you talking about?? I never said that because a player is black he shouldnt be able to play for France. If you are born there fine. However I do think that you should play for the country you are born in. Look at Mboma, he grew up in France and turned them down to play for Cameroon. Otherwise look at what is happening now. Olisadabe played in the Polish league for a few years and all the sudden he is Polish?? Ridiculous. Same thing with Italy and Cameronesi.

10. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Mehr, i'm sorry for being rude to you before ,but the two examples you mentioned have nothing to do with France's National team. Camoranesi was born in Argentina but has Italian grandparents, that means he can play for Italy. Your talking about guys who have dual citizenships here. I don't think Pires has or ever had a Portuguese passport or Anelka a Martinique passport.
    Anyways, we all know most of the players on the NT are not pure French, but France is a multicultural country, and the NT represents this, thats all.
    Telling Zidane he can't play for France because his parents are Algerian would be just plain racist & go against everthing France is.
    So unless a guy like le Pen becomes president of fifa, I don't foresee any changes in the near future.

11. ZZ10

ZZ10 New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    PARIS
    very well said. The argument about french players not being french has been going on since 1998. It's good to see it is still here since it proves that the french football team is still very much feared.
    Les Bleus rule.

12. idi amin

idi amin New Member

Trezegeut is argentinian, just cause he was born in france when his dad was playing there he chose France

13. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Question for those who have TV5 on Dish Network: did TV5 televise this game?

RFO in Canada is supposed to carry all les Bleus games (feed from TF1), but for some reason, they took this game off the schedule a few days ago.

14. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    yes TV5 in the US had the game. Dish Network,Direct TV,Digital Cable as long as they carry TV5 I think it was on.

15. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    I only have issues with certain players. The name 'Thierry Henry' that's about as French of a name as you can get he's true blue French in my book. Zidane was born and raised in France he speaks the language well plus Algeria was a former French colony so I don't have a problem with him at all. As for Viera, Senegal was a former French colony plus they speak French there and so does he so him playing for France is not an issue with me. People like Pires I'm a little iffy about. You got to have strong ties the country to play for it in my opinion. It doesn't mean you have to live in France your whole life but it helps.

16. ZZ10

ZZ10 New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    PARIS
    Let us put it simply : anyone born in France is French (Pires). Same as anyone born in the USA is american (and the same goes for almost all countries).