Spaghetti Weston: McKennie at Juventus

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by hokeydokey, Jul 7, 2016.

1. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, what shear luck for the youth players. Weston will join the group of unavailable players that includes Adams, Weah, Sargent and Dest.

2. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bad news - all these utes are injured.

silver lining in the cloud - they are utes and should heal more quickly than an over 30 player will. Given that they are utes their teams have invested in their growth and they should have the chance to fully recover and earn their way back.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  3. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    I'm not super worried about a dislocated shoulder for a soccer player. If he was a starting pitcher or a QB I'd be a little worried.

largegarlic repped this.
  4. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The walking dead.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's not surprised though, I'm not a fitness/injury expert, but I've seen players being out for months and months for shoulder injuries. Imagine a dislocated shoulder, doing some quick google search and see mention that it could take 12-16 weeks to completely recover. Who knows.

8. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I guessed it was dislocation because he was in pain almost immediately and I've known people with chronic dislocation problem and it either goes and hurts like crazy (until it is put back in place) or there is nothing. If it happens too often they have operations and they are good to go but I don't know about athletes. Parkhurst had a shoulder separation issue. Anybody know why somebody like Parkhurst would not just have an off season operation? It's a pretty common problem so there's probably BS heroes who know all about it.

9. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jonathan Spector had a dislocated-shoulder leading to months of soccer vacation.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is really no silver lining that I can see. Almost every USMNT player playing in top flight Euro is hurt aside from CP... and Frank thinks taking him off in a tie-game is a good idea. When Weston went down so did my hopes for the near future. Dest is out now... Yedlin could only last what?... a month before going down again. Adams hasn't played in forever. Sargent gets his opportunity and.... hammy. Must be training w/ Weah. This is just flat out ridiculous.

When Brooks is the only USMNT player in the Bundesliga to watch it becomes a very uninteresting week and now I am not at all excited for the mid-week games. At least Chandler got some minutes and looked good.....

11. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Brooks is the only USMNT player in the Bundesliga to watch, it means you will be watching zero USMNT players in the Bundesliga very soon.

12. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Brooks is less injured than you, you know you done messed up.

largegarlic and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  13. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    And Brooks and team are playing well, which seems to be the kiss of death.

14. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    It was only matter of time before the McKennie high wire act lost it's footing. Hate to see it but you throw your body around in such a "haphazard" way the odds will catch up to you.

Dirt McGirt and tomásbernal repped this.
  15. Tigerpunk

Tigerpunk Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    When can an athlete return to sports following a dislocated shoulder?

Most football players who dislocate their shoulder for the first time can usually return to play within six weeks of the injury once they reestablish full range of shoulder motion and strength. They must be able to perform all of the actions necessitated by their position prior to return to play. Those players who undergo surgery usually require five to six months of rehabilitation before they are able to resume contact and collision sports.

SOURCE: https://www.ortho.wustl.edu/content...Materials/Shoulder-Dislocation-Dr-Matava.aspx

Winoman repped this.
  16. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Steffen?

17. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Depends if there is other tearing, like rotator cuff. Shoulders are among the most unstable joints because it isn't a ball and socket. It's just two bones near each other tied together with chicken wire! That allows complete freedom of motion and a less sable joint!

zlatan_but_a_car and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  18. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With this injury the soccer Gods really owe us an Adams or Weah return in the next week or two.

largegarlic and DHC1 repped this.
  19. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #6194 m vann, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Dislocations ruined my collegiate career. It has lead to a series of issues (and surgeries) on my shoulder and clavicle. Those injuries also have created significant amount of nerve damage down my entire arm that has effected my grip with my hand. My whole right arm is a mess. In February, at 37 years old, I will have the shoulder replaced. I don't know if I ever quite recovered from the first dislocation but each time I was out anywhere from 6-10 weeks. When surgery occurred, all after age 28, I was out of commission for 9, 6, and 7 months.

In terms of playing, I had to completely alter my play because any little upper body contact - shoulder-to-shoulder - could pop the thing out. I even had the damn thing pop out when I grabbed a little bit of an opponent's jersey and he tried to get away. The injuries effected my running, too. I've had to learn to really keep my elbows tucked in and limit the "swing" motion of my arms. I think it's slowed me down by doing that. Anyways.... don't mean to bore anyone with the shoulder issues. I just know first hand shoulders are tricky and many players & trainers brush them off due to not thinking it will greatly effect a footballer who doesn't use his arms/hands like other sports.

20. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck with that. The more I think about it the more I think the problem is just that there are not nearly enough USMNT candidates playing in top flight Europe. Yes... this is the worst run of bad luck I have seen w/ respect to injuries ever... but if 5 or 6 German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian, etc... NT hopefuls got hurt all around the same time there would still be tons of other players to focus on. When you have less than 10 in the whole of top flight Europe and 75% of them are injured it really becomes tough to stomach. Add in the fact that Emerson can't pass the ball forward to CP and that Frank somehow thinks it is CP's fault... and we may be left with Brooks and Stephen as our only guys starting next weekend. Yikes.

21. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow... what a breath of fresh air. Just kidding. In all seriousness... it is a bummer that you got hurt and thanks for the info.... hope you heal up in the future. Just backs up what I wrote in my previous post... The USMNT needs at least twice as many candidates starting in top flight Europe... because you just never know what will happen. It can be a rough game. Kind of crazy that Wes will be out for the forseable future and barely got hit in the air while that Frankfurt player got literally karate kicked and body slammed by the Schalke keeper for the red card and he will probably be playing midweek.

m vann repped this.
  22. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And don't forget the clavicle with one end also terminating in the shoulder just to make things more complicated.

23. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    WTF are you talking about?

[​IMG]

24. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weston has had a couple of past injuries in similar situations, but was lucky to avoid significant injury. This time he got hurt.

tomásbernal repped this.
  25. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    shoulders are bad joints. Being able to go 360 degrees comes with a high price: Its crap!