Spaghetti Weston: McKennie at Juventus

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by hokeydokey, Jul 7, 2016.

1. hype25

hype25 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    First half I thought he was good. The team as a whole though did an excellent job defensively.

Second half (granted I didn't watch all of it) I thought he was superb. He had 2-3 tackles that made you go "wow" and he found an outlet pass rather quickly after winning the ball. He also had a nice long ball that put a teammate through on goal but they missed their shot.

All in all, a good game from him.

PalmettoSpur, KenC, wixson7 and 9 others repped this.
  2. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Well there was that time he called for the Golden Llama, Brek shea to play left back, then he heckled Tim Howard so bad from the stands, Tim had to make mother jokes. That susaeta, such a kidder!

3. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    just an absolutely wonderful first full year for Wes. Even with a long injury, to play over 20 games as a teenager for the league runner-ups is fantastic.

as Leon and Max leave, I am eager to see him play more advanced and be the player in the highlight below. if you haven't seen it, watch it. it's 12 min. of joy!

KenC and wixson7 repped this.
  4. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Those are mostly his youth games, hopefully someone puts up a video of his senior games.

5. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't we have a league highlights? This one is a bit outdated.

6. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    as I CLEARLY defined in the post, this video is him showing his full array of abilities and the two players leaving Schalke will hopefully allow him to showcase that.

7. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    I saw rumors of Schalke looking to buy Rudy from BM, that would be good for all parties IMO. Rudy always sits deep so that would allow Mckennie to roam forward more.

8. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I thought he was great today. One of his better games this season. Got stuck in any chance possible, lots of ball winning and cleanup work. He put a few beauty passes to release guys on the break, with in perfect ball over the top.

Great defensive shape and work rate. Hard to keep him out of the lineup.

The bad was 2 unecessary turnovers in the middle of the field and one overhit w the wasted ball. Besides that he had a few exceptional plays.

Some beautiful plays in the middle, sweet turns, tight ball control, etc. His play, start to finish, where he had a beautiful tight turn at midfield passed it off and kept his run going..got played in on run jnto the box, great headed 1st touch to put him on goal..then bang bang collision. It was great!

KenC, frankburgers and DeCoverley repped this.
  9. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Yeah chill I wasn’t taking a shot at you (but you also didn’t CLEARLY define anything, you implied or alluded too but didn’t define-there you go now you have something to argue with...and go).

frankburgers repped this.
  10. dd601

dd601 Member

Oct 21, 2004
    995457368384327680 is not a valid tweet id

11. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I had the feeling they we re testing him out more as a dmid today in the final game of the season. He was good. I see him making some baby steps in improving his middle third play. He's a key player for Schalke with Meyer and Goretzka leaving.

Sometimes he goes in clumsy which leaves me wondering if he will one of those "injury-prone" players. Excellency's advice to Wes is to think about that and pay Naldo for tutoring in the off season.

Anderson11, PalmettoSpur and TarHeels17 repped this.
  12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    how'd you rate his season?

13. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Got clips? Love to see some of that....

14. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013

Right in the achilles

Namdynamo and CNYFC repped this.
  15. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
  16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    In future they should do a group one on Pulisic,McKennie, Miazga, Palmer-Brown, Parks

smokarz repped this.
  17. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He misses chances at an other-worldly level.

18. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s a strange talent. Truly elite at possession-dribbling. But lacks any sort of offensive cutting edge, as he lacks vision and can’t finish, and is only somewhat useful on defense as a harasser, but can’t win a tackle,

Gacm32 repped this.
  19. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi folks,

I just removed a couple of posts that invoked some hot button national team topics. While I've left a couple of others in place, that doesn't mean that national team talk is welcome. Please remember that YA threads are not intended as places for extensive discussion of national team matters.

Thanks.

TheFalseNine repped this.
  20. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Immigrations, Iran, tariffs...and go!

Brandinho repped this.
  21. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

TheFalseNine repped this.
  22. vexco

vexco Member+

Nov 2, 2013
    Awful Neogaf meme :|

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Looks like Wes's main competition for time in the squad is going to the Big House for a while:

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/07/0...fic-incident-morocco-following-world-cup-exit

"Moroccan international Amine Harit was involved in a fatal traffic accident on Friday in Marrakesh, according to his club, Schalke. According to reports, Harit hit and killed a pedestrian. Moroccan police refuted assertions that Harit's 14-year-old brother was behind the wheel, confirming that it was Harit himself.
    [...]
    "It is also understood that Harit made an attempt to flee the scene in the aftermath of the incident, according to a report from Hespress, but was prevented from doing so by a number of bystanders."

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    how is he Weston's biggest competitor when Harit is an AM or Winger? Weston's main position has not been AM more CM/DM.