The latest sedition of, Fox News actively makes you stupid

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, May 23, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Wait, Gervais was employing the state to shut up a room full of celebrities and was not, in fact, just stating his opinion about their hypocrisies?

Thinking this is some weird sort of gotcha helps nothing.

M, Moishe, xtomx and 1 other person repped this.
  2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That was brilliant.

3. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Oh Christ. The "you don't believe in free speech" routine when somebody says stuff that is dumb and insulting and not funny, and then gets attacked for it. The final rhetorical refuge for douchebags.

You can say what you want, Ricky. Our country believes in freer speech that yours does. Now ******** off like a good lad.

sitruc, xtomx, luftmensch and 1 other person repped this.
  4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Our country is better than yours. FK off. I like that.

Trump with his 15,000 lies since 2016 proves that our free speach is better than theirs.

5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Their libel laws are on Trump's wish list.

6. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Ricky is a faux free speech warrior who only cares about speech that he agrees with and wants people to shut up he disagrees with. This is not difficult Sarah.

sitruc repped this.
  7. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Drink less.

Moishe repped this.
  8. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    And I believe Gervais has never been sued under "their llibel laws".

9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Faux&Friends thing we should start a civil war over people hating Vince Vaughn talking with Trump...

10. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Washed-up actor talking to an asshole president. Reagan & Dubya Bush?

11. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Especially since no one is talking about this event outside of a few nitwits on twitter and, more overwhelmingly, Fox News.

sitruc repped this.
  12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He does make fun of religious nut jobs and people that hunt animals in very harsh ways.

But making fun of Liberal Hollywood actors, the man has crossed the line.

usscouse repped this.
  13. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Not, I suspect, at evangelical conferences or hunting conventions.

14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are not dumb enough to invite him.

JohnR repped this.
  15. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Why is this even a talking point? Does the left really have to even show outrage over this? Fox’s reaction is predictably stupid, but this is one of the annoyances of social media.
    The main reason I stopped reading twitter and closed my account after 2 days.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do not even google Vince Vaughn and Trump shake hands.

fatbastard repped this.
  17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Can conspiracy charges be brought against Hannity & Solomon?

In one illustrative instance, it starts with setting up an interview for Ukraine’s top prosecutor at the time Yuriy Lutsenko with a sympathetic journalist (John Solomon) at an outlet of dubious provenance (The Hill). Among several different lines of disinformation, the whole Trump crew begins pushing the idea that it was Ukraine, not Russia, that somehow did the election meddling in 2016. Parnas and Giuliani are, in particular, looking to remove the U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, Obama appointee Marie Yovanovitch, as a favor to Lutsenko. In return for Yovanovitch’s ouster, Lutsenko has promised the pair dirt on the Bidens.

Here’s a series of passages from the Washington Post’s coverage of the Parnas documents that illuminates how (simply) it all works. “On March 12, Parnas sent a letter from Solomon to Lutsenko requesting the interview and included a list of questions to be addressed. ‘I sent you the questions and the invitation from the journalist, call me when you wake up,’ Parnas writes after sending the letter to Lutsenko,” according to the Post. “The messages show Parnas helping arrange a video interview for Lutsenko with John Solomon, a conservative columnist at the Hill newspaper.”
    Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko told Hill.TV’s John Solomon in an interview aired on Wednesday that he has opened a probe into alleged attempts by Ukrainians to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election,” the Hill subsequently blared.

Then, as the Post describes, the Trump propaganda apparatus went into overdrive:

After the interview posted online, Parnas texted it to [America First Action finance director Joseph] Ahearn and wrote, “Have jr retweet it.”

“Sent,” Ahearn responded.

Parnas then urged Ahearn to “Watch Hannity.”

Later that night, Trump himself tweeted coverage of the manufactured story by Fox News’ Sean Hannity.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...s-trump-launders-lies-conservative-media.html

sitruc, HerthaBerwyn and fatbastard repped this.
  18. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  19. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would imagine a MSNBC poll would be totally the opposite result.

20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Because clearly violating the constitution and committing crimes is in no way an ethical and legal issue, but a matter of opinions biased by political orientation.

sitruc, Pønch, xtomx and 1 other person repped this.
  21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly that is a fact.

No trial is needed to see that this is "clearly" a violation of the constitution, people already made up their minds, just like people already made up their minds that this is a "witch hunt"

We should still have it and with witnesses, but facts be dammed, very few people will change their mind.

I am part of the problem, I think Trump is guilty as fvck, I also have my bias.

22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    So this era of Republicans (civilians and pols) is basically a caterpillar crawling around happy for years with lower taxes, dopey culture wars and flagwaving until the Trump wasp flew up and laid its eggs in its brain? It's gotta be one of the most amazing transformations in a short time that I've witnessed in politics.

He is guilty AF. He's schmoozed & bought his way out of convictions for years.

sitruc, dapip and luftmensch repped this.
  23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    peak ceezmad?

sitruc, ElJefe, yossarian and 4 others repped this.
  24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #5174 dapip, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    I didn't mean to say that they were clearly guilty, only made a sarcastic comment about how we should totally go with opinion polls to check who is right. Corrected the punctuation.

Creationists and flat-earthers won't change their mind about the age of earth and traveling between Australia and Chile.

And hence, you don't think a trial is needed and Trump should be hanged, tarred and feathered, because that's what the reverse-Fox poll would ask...

25. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about a pol asking if Trump and Pence should resign and Hilary Clinton should be named President. (perhaps Pelosi).