The latest sedition of, Fox News actively makes you stupid

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, May 23, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Infinite facepalm...

sitruc repped this.
  2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fox viewers (and "journalists") are stupid. People they interview, sometimes are not..

sitruc, M, Cascarino's Pizzeria and 2 others repped this.
  3. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I heard that on the radio this morning. Brilliant...not the Fox guy.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    11 year old is upset that she can't write an essay about how Donald Trump is an American hero! Unfair! Bias against the right.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/gir...ick-trump-class-project-heroes-141114480.html

So ... .let me get this straight ... this girl's teacher is supposed to let her lie about how Mexican immigrants are thugs for her class essay? If not, the teacher is politically biased? What's next, she can write an essay about when dinosaurs walked the earth with people? Never mind that last question, of course she can.

5. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    At the end the parent says her daughter didn't lie. If she didn't how does she pick someone like Trump as hero?

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  6. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    But she did. There is no evidence that immigrants are thuggier than Americans. So, that's a lie. And school is supposed to teach the difference between lies and not lies.

Go Fox at home. Go Fox with home schooling. Go Fox with Christian private schools. It's America, free speech, you can invent what you like in those places. But in public schools, the standard must be higher.

7. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Different lies. The parent was saying the child didn't lie about what the teacher said about doing the report.

8. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Got it.

9. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Did anyone accuse the kid of lying? :unsure:

10. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    No, but the school district had a different account of what happened than the kid did.

11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA

You know this LI yoot is just auditioning for DHS secretary in the Barron Trump administration 2052 - 2060.

xtomx and song219 repped this.
  12. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    #4462 raza_rebel, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Currently, Candace Owens is arguing AT A CONGRESSIONAL HEARING on hate crimes and white nationalism that it should be focused on anti-fascist. IIRC she got her start by being on InfoWars and railing on about globalism" and George Soros. * She also argued in her past that the Southern Strategy never existed.

Ted Liu, just responded by playing her quotes back to her about Hitler being an OK dude and the real problem was that he ventured outside his border.

EDIT - Can I just add how bat$hit crazy Candace Owens sounds once out of the echo chamber (probably inside too). I don't know if she is a regular Fox contributor but she might be too extreme for Fox.

*Full disclosure - I never heard of her until a few years ago and had to verify this is where she crawled out of.

13. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think she also went on about Democrat Jim Crow laws in the South. That's just the most stupid thing the party of stupid does, freeze framing history at the pre-Civil Rights era. Which now that I think about it, it's pretty clear why she needs the Southern Strategy to not be a real thing.

sitruc, xtomx, Auriaprottu and 1 other person repped this.
  14. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Well, yeah her entire argument falls apart right around the 1950s.

My other question is who gave her a platform in a Congressional hearing? Other than a "trigger the libs" reaction, she had very little or real value belonging in this setting. A quick wikipedia look confirms it.

However, there is something to be said about confidently bull$hitting your way through anything, much less a Congressional hearing. To just unflinchingly sit there and say "the Southern Strategy is not a thing" is a special kind of bull$hit I have not been able to attain. I get busted for not loading the dishwasher correctly. I can't sit there and say the dishwasher is loaded correctly...mainly because any way I load it is wrong. ;);)

15. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
  16. Ted Cikowski Popstar

Internacional Miami CF and AS Roma
    United States
    Mar 28, 2019
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's fake. The Deep State does that, you know.

18. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Evidence shmevidence. Why would you need facts when you have your beliefs?

song219 repped this.
  19. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    If Democrats are the party, reconstruction. Jim Crow and the racist South then...it shouldnt be a problem if they clear out all their old monuments and sandblast Stone Mountain.

dapip, song219, Dyvel and 2 others repped this.
  20. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Shep Smith slammed Trump by saying that he needs to explain why the president’s “rhetoric” does not match “reality.”

“Obama separated the children, just so you understand. President Obama separated the children,” Trump said. “The cages that were shown, very inappropriate, they were built by President Obama and the Obama administration –not by Trump,” the president told reporters.

“President Trump has made similar claims before. Following are the facts.” Smith said

the Obama Administration tended to keep families together. There were exceptions, but it was not the policy to separate,” he said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/th...sets-trump-straight-for-lashing-out-at-obama/

21. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Good question.

Any takers?

22. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Republicans, as Congressman Lieu stated in his initial statement.

23. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I was wondering which ones. I would love to hear a tape of the strategy session where it came up.

xtomx repped this.
  24. Ted Cikowski Popstar

Internacional Miami CF and AS Roma
    United States
    Mar 28, 2019
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Memes are cheap and juvenile and yet I found this to be relevant and spot on [​IMG]

fatbastard, dapip, xtomx and 2 others repped this.
  25. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    "Here's your time slot & bottle of peroxide. Now go knock em dead...err...good luck!"