The latest sedition of, Fox News actively makes you stupid

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, May 23, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Dr. Wankler repped this.
  3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It's reported that Hannity threw a tantrum then told everyone that he "Declined" the award.

Sean Hannity will no longer receive Buckley Award after controversy
    By Jake Tapper July 21, 2017: 9:24 AM ET
    Fox News Channel star anchor Sean Hannity will no longer receive the conservative Media Research Center's William F. Buckley Award for Media Excellence at its September 21gala, sources familiar with the situation tell CNN.

Buckley, the founder of the National Review, who died in 2008, was hailed in his day as "arguably the most important public intellectual in the United States." Giving an award in his name to Hannity -- a pugnacious talk radio host who has shared conspiracy theories on his popular cable news show -- had caused hand wringing among some conservatives.

It also caused distress among Buckley's family -- in particular his only child, best-selling author Christopher Buckley.

A source familiar with the situation tells CNN that Christopher Buckley "expressed great dismay" at the announcement that the award would go to Hannity, who has spent a great deal of time insulting conservative intellectuals on Twitter, particularly since he became a strong supporter of Donald Trump.

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I dunno, Buckley was a McCarthy man in his youth ... that seems an appropriate match with Hannity's Trump worship. I can't see Hannity requesting that Bach be played at his funeral, though.

5. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Sean Hannity doesn’t even want stupid award no one wants to give him

AV news.

6. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    But he talked with a stick up his ass which is in direct contrast to Hannity's LI accent and pedestrian upbringing.

It's like caring who eats who in a battle between an Everglades gator & python.

7. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    So give it to Greta van Susteren, then... :ninja:

soccernutter repped this.
  8. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Gator, of course.
    Python is a bitch and goddamn invasive species.
    Gator should chomp through every last one of those muther********ers, and then Hannity.

No, start with Hannity, but it would put gator off of snakes. Hannity is poison.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    True, but I think Buckley was on at least nodding acquaintance with reality which is more than we can say for a lot of the Faux news twits.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  10. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I guess this is the closest to integrity we will see on state TV.

The funniest part is that the NYT is going off of what the Secretary of Defense said instead of Russia/Trump.

sitruc repped this.
  11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Mom would tell me to say it again, without the huffiness.

sitruc and Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  12. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's because you're a well brought up young man. These people... not so much!

dapip repped this.
  13. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I would say that was how things were done back in the day, but as Donald Trump demonstrates daily, that would be a whopping lie. There has never been a shortage of bad parenting.

14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw this...around here, BLM is Black Live Matter, and it is generally in the context of politics unless you are being more specific about what the Bureau does.

So, the answer is no.

15. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, sorry that you don't get it, but BLM will always be Bureau of Land Management and has been since forever in politics, particularly in the western US and/or anyplace the media has considered flyover country.

Black Lives Matter is an important thing that will last about twice as long as Occupy This / That / The Other in the nation's consciousness.

16. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was born out west and have substantial family ties there, but live out east where Black Lives Matter is more prevalent. Hence my hope we can reach something of a consensus.

17. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I understand that the Bureau of Land Management is actually an existing agency but does anyone who lives east of the 100th parallel care about it?

18. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Damn, I just looked it up ... the Bureau owns a huge portion of Western lands. It is MUCH bigger than Black Lives Matter in the Western time zone, and in large parts of the Mountain zone. For those of us in the Central and Eastern time zone, though, Black Lives Matter is the true BLM. The Bureau ain't nothing.

19. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Under a President CP, Faux News would be shut down on my 1st day in office. Its assets would be seized and given out as welfare to the rubes in Whitleandia who they've scammed. Then later it would be re-opeened as a Museum of Modern Propaganda. I'll even have Doocy, Hannity & BillO stuffed to make it more life-like. :thumbsup:

dapip repped this.
  20. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I find it pretty easy to tell which is being referred to by context, even though it tends to be the same people who hate both...

soccernutter repped this.
  21. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    The country does change there even though not many don't notice it. I doubt that over 70 million people live west of the 100th parallel though.

22. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Not Fox, but he should be ... Lou Dobbs. What a douchebag! Listen to this rot ... if ever a journalist betrayed his occupation, it was Lou Dobbs this weekend -

This is where we have come to. Donald Trump's toadie "journalist" friends calling for state-controlled media. Also, apparently, where the GOP has landed. The party of Reagan has become the party that wishes to abolish freedom.

23. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    More like 75,000,000 pretty sure; maybe closer to 80 by now.

24. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    What's 5-10 million people here or there? :)

25. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Well, Reagan was a big time McCarthyite back in the day, basically in charge of Hollywood black-listing...

russ repped this.