The Kyoto Sanga FC Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by goru_no_ura, Mar 8, 2010.

1. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Doesn't the japanese supporter has the habit of protesting against bad management of their team? Doesn't they hiss at the players, the coach or put protest banners at the stadium?

It seems to be a totally different attitude from what I'm used to see in Brazil.

2. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It depends by the team. Some do (Reds, Gamba, ...) others (Sanga, Frontale, ...) don't.

When FC Tokyo (a favorite for the title in 2010) were relegated last season, after a crappy season, they were cheered up by their supporters that had traveled to Kyoto, to see them lose badly against an already relegated team...

3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Almost there...!

Just one position down to go!
    C'mon Sanga, you can do it!! :)

4. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I have it.... lets become fans of Kyoto Shiko club instead! :) they won this weekend.

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My son played for them for many years :)
    They might actually make it to Kansai 1 this season.

6. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    yeah they are number 2 right?

7. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why, they're atop the table after 7 rounds with two points ahead of Diablossa and Arterivo.

I recommend Amitie though, who are already in D1 ;)

8. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Though Amitie also derives from Sanga.

Shiko club sounds as the real amateur department of Sanga while Amitie as a breakout like FC United of Manchester. Purely based on name sounding and not actual history which I am 100% aware of.

9. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No Diego = Party

10. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Today's midweek test match.

Sanga - Sanga U18 1-2

Diego played 90 minutes.

11. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    not for the U18 team, I gather...

12. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Diego left! but only till end of the season for now, hope Vegalta knows what they've done there... :D

14. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    In other word Yanagisawa helped Sanga one last time?

15. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Diego and Uesato loaned out, but NO PLAYER HAS BEEN BOUGHT.

I mean they could not find a player to loan in or a foreigner player on a low salary willing to give it a try?

Even Hollyhock and Gainare mange to get some decent players at basically no cost, c'mon...

What a joke of a club. I am going on Sunday, but supporting Giravanz all the way.

I want Sanga to finish 20th and the whole management to be fired. What a pathetic bunch of incompetent people, again and again...

16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Aren't you regretting now ? :D
    Komai, Ito, Miyayoshi, Kubo, all excellent young players with hunger, I'd rather see them fight for their club than watching japanese veterans or foreigners not really concerned !

17. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that exactly the kind of stupid planning that got them into the mess in the first place.....they're trying to clear salary off their books and develop young guys. It looks like they're doing both ok. I'm not really sure what a retread on a rental contract is going to do for their long term situation....past 6 games they are 3-2-1 against pretty decent competition.

They said from the start that they weren;t going for promotion this year....next year was their target.

I thought you weren't a Kyoto fan anymore.....why do you care?

18. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I care because they are hopelessly annoying me :)
    And of course it is my hometown's football team - hard to ignore them.

Young players usually develop well when helped out by a few veterans.

Just think of this Sanga with Moniwa, Chugo and Bando -- how much did Cerezo paid for them? How much are their salaries combined? Half of Dutra's?

I am not advocating for crazy expenses, just some creativity.

19. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    With that said, Sanga wiped out Giravanz today, and should have won probably 2 or 3-0. Ito was very good, while Miyayoshi still the shadow of the player we admired in past seasons.

I think that to aim for promotion this team would need some eight new players, the midfielder, on a good day, is very average.

Giravanz was a total delusion after their recent good form, but nearly tied it in the end thanks to Mizutani, who won't hold a ball even if his life'd depend on it...

In any case Sanga is gradually improving, if they can keep it up and Kudo adds some quality in midfield, they can even finish in the Top 10, who knows?

20. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a difference though, Cerezo had a stable coach and alot of players with good reputations for being creative. Kyoto is not in that situation. All three of those guys were picked up in the offseason as well. It's alot harder to get a team to give someone up with quality during the year because they dont want to risk the depth.

You're arguing about their plan from the start of the season and not now. Teams aren't going to give up players.....especially to teams in situations where there is no stability or a bad atmosphere. Fukuoka, Kofu, Omiya all struck out on loans.......Niigata got players though, why? Because those three are awful environments at the moment.

21. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I read your post about today's Omiya's game and I understand and sympathize with your bad mood, but are you implying that with some management skills this Kyoto Sanga could not have been improved?

I think it could, without spending much money and without causing problems to the development of the good young players in the team.

On top of my mind, Bando, Matsui (Cerezo), and Takagi (Gamba) were all looking for a transfer on loan this summer. This is only in Kansai and players I know sort of directly. They are all much better than what's there at Sanga, including Takagi.

With Diego gone, a foreign player spot is free. Again, without any particular effort, the Egypt U22 goalkeeper saw in Sapporo was surely better than soapbar-hands Mizutani.

Australia U22 saw in Niigata too had a couple of very good players.

A lot of Korean players are looking for a transfer, in view of the betting scandal.

Etc.

This are a few ideas from me, but Sanga is -supposedly- a club ran by professionals, with a network of scouts and connections, and should have some idea of what to do.

Or maybe they're not so professional? :rolleyes:

Here is another example: VVV Venlo's president today gave a lecture on how to manage a small club. It was in Osaka, for free. I recognized in the 50-strong audience were people from Vissel and Gamba.

I asked at Nishikyogoku if anybody from Sanga went. They had no idea of what I was talking about.

I stop here, because other stories can't be shared, least I found a dead horse's head on my futon.

I am taking any bet NOW that Sanga won't be promoted next season, and if they are, they will be relegated in one season - by the way all of the above while still playing in the crappiest stadium in J.League, with no concrete plans for a new stadium, after OVER TEN YEARS of chit-chatting...

22. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Takagi? Really? He can't break in to Gamba defense and they are pretty bad. 30 something guys who are on fumes but have big names were exactly your problem in the past. It's the same bad planning that you complained about last year that you advocate now.

Kyoto is trying to clean their books up. Thye don't really to add guys so they finish 13th instead of 17th. It's a sellers market right now....bad time to buy.

And you brought up Dutra.....he may not be in Kyoto's long term plans but he's still an asset. You kind of have to keep playing him to get some sort of market for him. Cutting him after paying a big fee is stupid.

I'm not saying they've been managed well. I'm just saying what you advocate seems to be some of the same stuff that they continually do to get them in bad situations.

23. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Takagi is not world class, not even J1 class probably, but surely better than what Sanga have now (Morishita, Akimoto, Someya...), at least he has experience at a certain level. Of course he never plays now, he is with Nishino who plays the same 11 until they die... And Yamaguchi and Nakazawa are clearly better, anyway.

But once again, he was just an example on top of my head. The variables in football are infinite, for those with some knowledge and creativity. (I refrain from more examples! :))

Sanga's problem were never the Over-30s or so, at least not so in recent years. Actually people like Yanagisawa, Fernandinho and Lee Jung-soo did their part.

The problems began with Diego (at 1.3mUS$/year for 4 years), and those pathetic players like Ataliba, Thiago, etc. (at 500-700K US$year).

But mostly, the real downer was the fact that even before being relegated, so many good players have been let go or chased away: Yuto Sato (who was captain and preferred being without a contract than staying at Sanga!), Kenya Matsui, Paulinho, Daisuke Saito and of course Lee, Fernandinho etc.

Sanga have NEVER in sixteen years developed a real core of competent players truly attached to the club.

Instead, the genius Hisashi Kato (who is still getting paid by Sanga, btw) called in people like Ando, Someya, Hayashi, Morishita or your friend Kataoka. These are the guys who when they are finally dumped to J2 teams, struggle to be in the starting eleven.

In other words, the club's management doesn't know how keep their good players, nor how to select their replacements. Also, they have no idea of how much they should pay players, and how long their contracts should be.

THE ABOVE IS EXACTLY WHAT DRIVES CLUBS TO EXTINCTION, see for example Grenoble, that was managed by... Uh? Ubagai?? :eek:

It has become dramatic, because now no player wants to come to Sanga, except for those who midway through their season are desperate to get minutes and know that Sanga is so crappy that anybody coming from J1 has good chances to start.

With all the above said, I agree that Dutra, at least for J2, should be an asset. But of course he is rotting on the bench, while we wait for Miyayoshi to return to form while playing, and Sanga de facto is on the field with 10 men only.

24. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    PS= Today 5,185 spectators.

The only time I remember less was in 2005 vs Sagan, under a pouring rain there were some 4,500.

25. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    atsukatta! ...