The Kits Thread

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by holden, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Lol Dash. Do you think SBFC still have some of that in stock?

Also, given that Seattle alternate Kit is a very loud yellow or volt or whatever, obviously white is not mandatory for second kits. So why not have fun with the colors? Heck throw a pink or in there or something.

holden repped this.
  2. Chooxch

Chooxch Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
    For yellow jersey,reminded me of another new yellow kit,
    Sendai Vegalta home kit
    [​IMG]

blissett repped this.
  3. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    I'm not sure why I always get my hopes up about new kits when I'm always left disappointed. Not sure how Utah manage to settle on the color white when they had such exciting options to pick from. I hope the secondary and alternate kit is more exciting than this.

[​IMG]

4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The white ones ARE the secondary kit

If you remember back when the Royals were announced, they had teaser images of the Nike logo on a gold kit

Also, if you go inside the story link, it explicitly says "a yet-to-be-unveiled “Victory Gold” primary look"

blissett repped this.
  5. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I like'em. Like the font and the size of the name. Is that the standard size patch or does it look bigger? Cant wait to see the Gold version

6. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    I'll confess I didn't read the full link. I'm still disappointed with this even if it is the secondary. Utah have such an amazing color pallet, why not go crazy? This actually reminds me of the FCKC kits from last year.

7. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I agree that their current white secondaries are a bit plain - but I know also that RSL has often looked really classy in their white kits, too. Maybe because there isn't a ton of white in MLS anyway, or maybe because RSL's white kits had more adornments with their other colors than these current Royals whites do....

8. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How often will the team need to wear the secondary whites? Against the Dash maybe?

9. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    That's where I am. I do think when done right white can look pretty classic, take Real Madrid for example. However NWSL teams using white as the primary color tend to look like a plain white tee with a badge slapped on it. I guess that' what happens when you use a standard template.

10. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    I can't begin to tell you if there is any rhyme or reason to when teams wear their secondary kit. I know when Seattle introduced the controversial volt kit as their secondary kit, they ended up wearing that more than the primary blue.

blissett repped this.
  11. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    I missed this one yesterday. But I do like this design from the Dash

[​IMG]

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  12. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Im hoping they adopt the same secondary kit as the Dynamo but I doubt it will happen.

13. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Given the Dynamo kit is Adidas, NWSL uses Nike and they have to use one of the templates, that is a definite no.

Here's the template choices. Basically all the teams will come out with one of the 4 templates here. https://niketeam.nike.com/en/en_US/?l=shop

14. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I would be happy with the same template in black with orange squiggles and Orange numerals and lettering. If u can swing that for me as the second kit Ill buy u one as well. :)

DynamoManiac repped this.
  15. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Todorojo, FawcettFan14, blissett and 2 others repped this.
  16. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    I finally get the yellow kit I've been asking for. I like it. And this color pattern pops more than the Dash's. Nice

blissett and kernel_thai repped this.
  17. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I concur. Darkest video ever tho. Is it really dark in Utah? : )

Todorojo and blissett repped this.
  18. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  19. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    #94 FawcettFan14, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    The URFC gold is a fresh new look. Can't tell from the dimly lit video if the stripe/shorts are dark purple or black.

NWSL color breakdown:

Red: Portland, Washington (really dislike their current faded-shoulders kit; wish they could return to the chevron, but I believe Nike no longer offers that one)
    Orange: Houston
    Yellow/Gold: Utah
    Green:
    Blue: Seattle (neon often used as primary kit), Sky Blue (umm, sky blue), North Carolina (navy), Chicago (usually have a red/blue/white stripe theme, sometimes wear black)
    Purple: Orlando
    Black:
    White: most away kits

Even subtracting Kansas City and Boston, both blue-themed teams, blue remains the most common color. At least each team wears a different hue of blue.

Still room for a green theme team, i.e. St. Louis Athletica back in the day. Maybe people think it blends in with the grass/turf too much?

Also a black-theme team would be sharp. If LAFC joins in 2019, they would be the obvious choice.

blissett repped this.
  20. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Timbers play in green, so I don't think blending with the field is an issue. For the Thorns, they could play in green consistent with their logo, etc., but their use of red probably is to keep a color distinction between the Timbers and the Thorns.

21. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I mean, until just this year when they went to white, the Timbers' away kits were red, so I don't see why the Thorns away kits couldn't have been green.....

22. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    After getting glimpse of the latest Reign jacket, I hope they switch to that black/grey/white as the alternate pallet this year.

[​IMG]

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  23. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    With Boston gone good on Washington for picking up the mantle of the striped jersey. I like the larger strips as well as the color palette.

[​IMG]

CoachJon and Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  24. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spirit's definitely on fleek (does anybody say that anymore?). Did I miss the Thorns?

25. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia