The K League is strange/wacko . . . according to Senol Gunes

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by inobino, Mar 13, 2007.

1. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You
    Gunes: "K-League Is Strange"

Two wins from his first two games may suggest that Senol Gunes has settled in pretty well with new Korean club FC Seoul but the man who took Turkey to the 2002 World Cup semi-finals is still bemused by a few things in his new home.

“The strangest thing is that I have to submit the teamsheet to the K-League the morning before the game,” he was quoted as saying by Yonhap News.

“Internationally, clubs give teamsheets 90 minutes before games. Football is a competition, even war. Why do I have to show my team to other people? I don’t understand it.”

The K-League replied that the media wanted the teamsheets early and have done for 15 years though if teams wish it, it could be possible to change the system.

The 54 year-old is also not too pleased with the idea sooner or later, his young players will serve their two-year military duty with army club Gwangju Sangmu.

"I understand that there are not many teams in Korea. However, my players will one day have to play for Gwangju. It is ridiculous.

lol. right on Mr. Gunes. :D

2. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    He should re-write the Korean Constitution then. What an idiot, lol.

3. NaMusa75

NaMusa75 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Unfortunately, SoCal
    What a moron.

4. red_devil2k2

red_devil2k2 New Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Why couldn't the players just serve after their careers were over with? Seems like the best use of everyone's time.

5. inobino

inobino Red Card

Mar 13, 2007
    Behind You
    Well it's not like the Army needs any more goons then it already has.

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Gunes is gay . . . according to Sky.

7. The One & Only

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Oct 8, 2006
    산 속에
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sky is gay . . . according to T Double O

8. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    It's the player's choice if they want to serve after their career is over with. The line is 32 years.

9. red_devil2k2

red_devil2k2 New Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Gotcha.. thanks mang.

10. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's not like conscription is something unknown in Turkiye either.... but what do you expect from someone who is new to Korea. It will take time to adapt for Gunes. But he's off to a flying start football wise.