The Jorge Jesus Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by natenate101, Jun 5, 2015.

1. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Ok so then we are better at it than Porto ? lol There is a HUGE discussion here that can only be discussed over a few cases of beers amongst friends. Our league/country is ********ed up at many many levels. Corruption is only one aspect of it bud. Yes its f up but it has been for many years. Has not gotten any better....

2. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Maybe in the 90s ;) Not anymore.

eurodad repped this.
  3. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    True true. I dont deny that bud

BatatasFritas repped this.
  4. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
  5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
  6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    According to O Jogo, JJ and BdC met and it seems a divorce is near. A loss to Chaves in the Taca will accelerate it .

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Unless we go on a huge losing streak we won't fire JJ - it would simply be too much compensation money.

IIRC his contract was extended for a year (otherwise his contract would be up this season). If I were BdC I would impose that a director of football is needed and if he whines, remind him he has a contract and he should be expected to perform his best or he can quit without compensation.

vilafria and eurodad repped this.
  8. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Fair point and normally I would agree 100 % with you bud, this however being an election year.....

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Donno what's left to say really. BdC has failed in every way. And still refuses to take even a shred of responsibility. JJ can't stay. No way he can justify his salary, and no way we can afford it. Would like to see Pedro Martins given a shot.

JoseEmidio, SCP_16 and vilafria repped this.
  10. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Bottom line. Pedro Martins would be an interesting choice.

11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He needs to go. BDC had mild success with Jardim and MS, but he gave JJ too much power and JJ f*cked it all up.

12. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    BDC came in too strong and started attackimg everyone. It was great theatre but now he looks like an idiot. He is just a mouthpiece. I was honestly hoping he would shake up the Benfica empire but that is not going to happen anytime soon. Too many bad signing and JJ.
    I hope you guys like watching Benfica clean up the domestic trophies.:mad:

SCP21 repped this.
  13. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Ya BDC came in and made alot of enemies. Benfica, Porto, league, officials, Uefa etc. Stupid stupid stupid. No way that could work. He reminded me of a bible slammer. No intentions of actually doing anything, just spewing. Dont get me wrong, he did do some really good things especially internally but he became obsessed with Benfica instead of concentrating on his own team. Signing JJ for that kind of money ( that could have been used for players) was the last straw. A coach with a reputation for not being good with young Portuguese players hired by a team that lives by its Portuguese development system. JJ needs to go but Sporting may not be able to afford to get rid of him, still pay him and hire another coach. I predict BDC is going to come up with some dirt/reason to revoke the JJ contract. This is going to get messy.

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    JJ isn't leaving - just realized JJ has contract until 2019. We would need a giant sack of money to get rid of him.

Realistically JJ will stay no matter what - BdC already confirmed that he will be starting to plan for next season with him.

If JJ wants to show he's a leader, during his next press conference he'd make a statement to defend the squad and also explain the failure this season.

15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    JJ has never taken responsibility in his life. He's blamed everything from the players to the refs to benfica. Everything except himself.

SCP_16 repped this.
  16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sooner or later he's going to have to face the press and they will go hard with questions - I hope your wrong but you are probably right.

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Massive mistake to sign this bum over MS. Reflects poorly on JJ and BDC, who in my opinion have no place in this organization as long as we are trying to compete for a championship.

eurodad repped this.
  18. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Loads of people disliked MS and wanted him out, I for one think he was the way forward and we should've kept him and you clearly think the same. Build a bright young squad with a bright young manager.. makes sense right ?

eurodad and vilafria repped this.
  19. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Agreed, there were several posters right here in BS calling for his release. Even Jardim had a lot of haters. I do like BdC and believe he's the right president for Sporting at this time, someone who breaths Sporting and wants a better club. He needs better help though.

20. cro.sporting.cp

Jan 25, 2010
    Zadar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I kind of forgot, what was the deal with MS being fired? He didn't wear the official club tie or jacket or something like that?

21. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah, for not wearing the suit

22. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    That's the official excuse.

23. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Weird I don't remember MS and especially Jardim having much, if any haters at all here

24. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I looked through some of the older threads on here and there's one about 5/6 pages back where he gets slated quite a lot, by people in this thread

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    ^^ I think everyone is guilty of that. Us fans tend to think with their hearts more than their heads (especially after a bad result). We live in the moment, not thinking about long term.

When JJ came in I thought it was a brilliant move on BdC's part. At the end of last season we didn't win but we played great football and things were looking up. I'm not gonna stand here now and say that I always knew he sucked, I knew MS or LJ was miles better, etc...

JJ is a good coach, he's proven that he's one of the best if not the best in the country. He just has too much power. Right now it's "JJ and friends" running the show.

We don't seem to have an established structure in place. I have no idea who or what our scouting team looks like (except the fact that JJ seems to have a big say). I have no idea what Octavio Machado's role is (except that his arrival was something JJ asked for). I have no idea who coordinates youth development at the different levels.

This probably won't happen until March after the elections - but whoever wins (I still think BdC is the clear favourite) needs to start preparing for next season, and not just what the squad looks like. There needs to be a clear restructuring from top to bottom.

SCP21, vilafria and AlexJones19 repped this.