The Jorge Jesus Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by natenate101, Jun 5, 2015.

1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright folks, continue the managerial merry go round discussion here.

2. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

He was just announced as our new coach for the next 3 years. Welcome and good luck, Jorge Jesus!

joaommx repped this.
  3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfiquistas butthurt beyond belief.

---Z--- repped this.
  5. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Welcome back Jorge. Now you're home.

6. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    nope he was never good, it was all LFV and their amazing superstar players

Sporting is bankrupt and don't have money for players and will finish in 9th.

7. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Whilst some Benfica fans feel betrayed and I do rate JJ but upset, no. I think Jardim, Pereira, AVB etc would of not have done much worse and maybe better. For me the European failure in one semi against Braga and in two consecutive finals against very good sides (Chelsea and Sevilla) and the two time we were ahead and let Porto win especially with that injury time goal, goes some way to showing that though JJ is good, he is not that good.

joaommx repped this.
  8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    ^well the way he has matured and molded players probably better than any coach in the world and won more title than any coach in benficas history clearly shows that he is that good.
    VP and AVB... cmon man...

9. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    AVB who I don't rate highly I think would of not done much worse and I don't like him but look at the players we had. In Europe he would of probably of been as bad or worse but in the league not so sure.

VP is underrated, Porto let him go because winning the league twice in row for Porto at that time was ordinary and since he left, well maybe it was not that easy, and I agree that JJ being there consistently (6 years) helped too. Ok, winning the Greek league with Olympiakos is no big deal but he is a good coach better than AVB who has failed at Chelsea/Spurs.

JJ has never coached overseas if AVB/VP stayed at Porto JJ might have never won the bicampeonato, this year with Lobtheguy being at Porto in his first year as a head coach and last year it was the Fonseca (a bit too soon maybe)/Castro gamble that misfired. Benfica stayed consistent Porto gambled and lost.

Don't get me wrong I would not of been disappointed if JJ stayed and I thought he would but after the initial shock he is pretty easy to get over. He will be a Benfica legend not matter what he does but I never like the guy.

'well the way he has matured and molded players probably better than any coach in the world' I agree to a point but he can and does make some appalling decisions too in holding, moulding and maturing players. He is very stubborn and has favourites that he keeps on playing way past there usefulness. Most importantly he never took anyone (that I can remember) and made them better from SLB B and with Benfica atm having excellent youth/B teams especially compared to what we had bodes badly for the Sporting breeding ground that I admire and many Porto/Benfica fans do too.

JJ has an excellent chance with Sporting next year with Lobtheguy at Porto and with (it looks like) Rui Victória at Benfica (as this is his first year at a big club *he coached Benfica youth 2004-6). I think the turmoil in the Liga has helped him and will help him next year.

BTW Sporting vs Benfica might happen before the Supertaça in the Taça de Honra pre season.

SCP21 repped this.
  10. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I actually agree. JJ for me is at a comparable level to those three, well, at least to AVB. Jardim and Pereira are still a bit unproven compared to them, but I think they'll get there.

Btw, of the options you have on the table I would totally go for VP, he's the one who can more easily replicate JJ results.

11. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This is a class taught by Jorge Jesus at the Faculdade de Motricidade Humana if you are interested.

12. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Obviously you mean RV (Rui Victória) the news is that we are discussing the matter with Guimarães and things are looking good at this stage. From the Benfica B perspective Teixeira (excellent), Nuno Santos (who is having good performances with the U20), Jota, Guzzo (on loan U20), Gaspar (loan Guimarães) and Renato Sanches (still a junior I think) will (hopefully) have a proper shot of breaking into the A side, which is very good news for Portugal. And, yes the more I think about it, the more I am hoping for RV.

13. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I meant Vítor Pereira, that's one of the four names I've been hearing the most along Rui Vitória, Marco Silva and Paulo Bento.

I don't know Rui Vitória well enough to comment.

14. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh ok had not seen him mentioned.

Don't know much about RV but Bento is a NO and MS would I fear be reactionary.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

These clips are gonna be iconic... the day the bomba exploded

16. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

Looks like he wants to play for Sporting! :D

joaommx repped this.
  17. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    well the stars are aligning

benetiz in madrid, ronaldo will be 31 after next season... Benetiz will screw up yet another season for CR7 and then BDC will sign him for 2016-17 and we will win the treble including CL beating Barcelona in the final lol.

18. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #18 Sumol, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    JJ has his work cut out for him at a naniless Sporting. If Sporting can finish in the top 2 next year, that would whoa everybody. I must say, it's awesome to see our rivalry refueled like this. I haven't watched Benfica-Sporting at the local Portuguese pub in years, this upcoming season i'll be going there for every meeting between the two clubs.

19. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Maybe. We still have to see your choice for his substitute.

SCP21 repped this.
  20. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jardim didn't have Nani and came 2nd

but I forgot, apparently marco silva is the greatest coach in the world and BDC is an evil devil running Sporting into the ground according to the Media and rivals

JJ will do horrible at SCP, he will get 11 draws whereas the great Marco Silva only got 10 draws in the league.

21. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    can't wait to troll everyone next season

LOPETEGUE

22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What did the great Jardim win at Sporting?

Why are you trying to make Silva the bad guy? Seems ungrateful to me..

23. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Marco silva allegedly was working with his agent (Carlos Goncalves) to increase his influence in the squad and our players

but the press don't talk about that

MS did a decent job and happy to win the cup but JJ is an upgrade and Sporting's interests come above all.

24. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Right now most people would rather have JJ than MS, MS is still young but right now in the short to medium term (he is 60 or so) it is a shrewd move.

25. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    IMO the biggest advantage JJ has over MS is that he is a workaholic and very ambitious, I felt MS was riding on his own early success a bit like AVB I guess, not exactly bothering to keep up the momentum.

And while I'm at it, I feel like the biggest advantage MS has over JJ is that he's much better at bonding with his own team. JJ was disliked by several players at Benfica, on the other hand it seemed like MS, although no Mourinho, was well liked by the whole team.

SCP21 repped this.