The Jamaican National Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by ja2ny, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Great going boyz we picked up our 4th Caribbean Cup. Also exposing some young players which is good for our future.

"The Kings of the Caribbean once again"

2. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Congrats to my boyz on winning the CFU Cup. Nothin' better than that 4th title!

I was totally impressed by the winger Vernon and he deservedly won the tournaments MVP.:cool:

3. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.

Mi hope him get a contract inna europe. Also I hear Oneil Bigga Thompson is being transfered from Norway to England.

4. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Matter of a fact a handful of our local player's should be getting contracts overseas.Also our rankings should be dropping into the low 60's.

5. Edgar

Edgar Member

6. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Regional kings
    Boyz lift DigiCup after 2-0 win over Grenada
    By Howard Walker Observer staff reporter walkerh@jamaicaobserver.com
    Monday, December 15, 2008

Jamaica captured their fourth regional title last night when they defeated Grenada 2-0 at the National Stadium to lift the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Digicel Caribbean Championship trophy and pocket US$120,000 (J$8.5m).
    Two Luton Shelton penalties - in the 16th and 71st minutes - enabled Jamaica to walk away champions, having last topped the region in 2005. The win should serve as a morale-booster after the Reggae Boyz's World Cup demise.
    [​IMG]CFU president, Austin 'Jack' Warner (2nd right), presents Jamaica captain, Tyrone Marshall (2nd left), with the Digicel Caribbean Championships trophy after his team defeated Greneda 2-0 in the the final at the National Stdaium last night. Sharing the moment (from left), are JFF president Captain Horace Burrell, and Kieron Foley, Digicel's head of group sponsorship. (Photo: Bryan Cummings)
    Jamaica's win was expected and the celebration was low-keyed as the CFU officials - led by FIFA vice-president and CFU president, Austin "Jack" Warner - handed out the various trophies.
    Eric Vernan was voted the tournament's Most Valuable Player, while Luton Shelton ended as joint top scorer with Kithson Bain of Grenada with five goals.
    Grenada received US$70,000 for their runner-up slot as their Cinderella run finally came to an end.
    [​IMG]Head coach of the Reggae Boyz, John Barnes (left foreground), poses with the Digicel Caribbean Championships trophy after the team defeated Grenada 2-0 in the final at the National Stadium last night. Assistant coach, Theodore Whitmore (right foreground), and the entire team join in the celebration. (Photo: Bryan Cummings)
    In the opening match of the double-header, Guadeloupe took third spot after defeating Cuba 5-4 after a 0-0 regulation and extra time draw. They collected......cont. http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/html/20081214T210000-0500_143760_OBS_REGIONAL_KINGS.asp

7. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    well done reggae boyz

8. beaveman

beaveman New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Mapleton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is off-topic, but if any of you are of Jamaican descent or know people who are, I encourage you to get tested/registered as a donor to potentially assist Marcia Williams (wife of ex-Reggae Boy Andy Williams) in her fight against a rare form of leukemia.

See the following site for info:
    http://wwww.soccerunitesutah.com/

9. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Vernan stands tall in Digicel Cup
    BY LIVINGSTON SCOTT Observer staff reporter
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Portmore United and Jamaica International winger Eric Vernan may have been the youngest and smallest player in the Reggae Boyz's outfit that won the Digicel Caribbean Championships (DCC) at the National Stadium on Sunday night, but he stood out among "bigger men".
    Vernan, a member of Jamaica's Under-20 team to the Pan American Games in Brazil in 2007 where the team won silver, was named the DCC's Most Valuable Player (MVP). He played in every game of the finals, scored two goals and was instrumental in the Boyz earning two penalties in the final which set up his team's 2-0 victory over Grenada's Spice Boys.
    [​IMG]Eric Vernan (left) accepts the Digicel Caribbean Championships Most Valuable Player trophy from JFF president Captain Horace Burrell at the National Stadium on Sunday night. (Photo: Bryan Cummings)
    The 20-year-old who made his senior team debut under Rene Simoes earlier in the year, said he never imagined winning the award.
    "I was speaking with a teammate the night before and he told me that I have scored two goals already and so I could get the MVP, but I didn't believe that," he said.
    "But I just went out and worked hard and did what I had to do and it worked that way," he added.
    He said playing the tournament helped him improve and build his confidence as a player and he is looking to build...cont. http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/spor...93_OBS_VERNAN_STANDS_TALL_IN_DIGICEL_CUP_.asp

10. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    L.A. galaxy signed jamrock golee.

11. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  12. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you guys think he will start at the galaxy?

13. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    I'm pretty sure. I would be suprise if didn't start.

14. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
  15. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Just did waan post the video of the Digicel Cup Final

[YOUTUBE]gWW6cDETPHE[/YOUTUBE]

16. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Young Boyz defeat Dom Rep 4-1
    Howard Walker @ CFU U-20 World Cup Qualifiers in St Vincent
    Monday, January 12, 2009

KINGSTOWN, St Vincent - Jamaica got back on course with a convincing 4-1 win over the Dominican Republic in their Caribbean Under-20 World Cup qualifier at Victoria Park here last night despite playing with 10 men for 32 minutes.
    Three goals by diminutive striker Alanzo Sdlam in the 12th and 18th and 43rd minutes while Romario Campbell netted in the 42nd to push Jamaica to four points from two games.
    The young Reggae Boyz went for a big win for a healthy goal difference in what is expected to be a straight fight between themselves and Haiti for group honours. Coach Donovan Duckie, was livid during the half-time break when Jamaica were only leading 4-0.
    Said Duckie: "I am disappointed of course. We had the game in our control in the first half and squandered numerous chances, and at the end of the first half, we should have scored at least 10," he said.
    Jamaica started out briskly and took control early and never looked back. Adlam whistled a free kick inches....cont. www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/html...144738_OBS_YOUNG_BOYZ_DEFEAT_DOM_REP_____.asp

17. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Haiti's u20 world cup team has regressed. They are pretty much out of the competition after their loss to SVG yesterday.

18. Surinamese-man

Aug 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Surinam
    Wa gwan,well done Jamaica.My congratulations to the Reggaeboyz and all Jamaicans.Great to see how you guys made it to the top.:)

19. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.

Respect in every aspect star.:cool:

20. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    JA a win away from Under-20 final
    Howard Walker, @ CFU U-20 World Cup Qualifier
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009

[​IMG]Young Reggae Boyz going through their paces last night ahead of today's crucial match against host St Vincent & the Grenadines. (Photo: Howard Walker)
    One game, one win, as simple as that.
    That's what Jamaica need to advance to the Under-20 CONCACAF final round and complete their objectives when they tackle host St Vincent and the Grenadines tonight at 8 o'clock (7 o'clock Jamaican time).
    After whipping the Dominican Republic 4-1 on Sunday, Jamaica moved to four points and are second to St Vincent and the Grenadines on six points after they upset Haiti 1-0 to set up a mouth-watering final game.
    With the winner of the group advancing automatically to the final round set for Trinidad & Tobago in March, host St Vincent have thrown the form book through the window to lead going into the final set of games.
    Haiti remained on one point, while their opponents and neighbours Dominican Republic are pointless after two games and are virtually out of contention. A draw for Jamaica would effectively kill Haiti's chance as the second place team.
    The runner-up in the group will play Honduras for the eighth and final spot in the World Cup final qualifying round for which host Trinidad & Tobago, USA, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and El Salvador have already qualified.
    Head coach Donovan Duckie knows this is a massive game and they must win in order to advance automatically.
    "I think some pressure could be there for them, but we as a staff get them to focus and look at it as another fixture," said Duckie. "It is maybe the most important one in our World Cup journey. Their system is 4-4-2, our system is the same, but the difference will be our individual players and how they play within the system. We have some quality that is superior to theirs and that will make the difference for us."
    The young Reggae Boyz trained yesterday at a field in Brighton, which was a joke as they had to share the facility with a group of locals playing scrimmage. The St Vincent Football Association had no one in attendance until after training, and he wasn't perturbed about what had transpired.
    But Duckie said "training went well, the guys responded well. They were focussed, they were calm and jovial and that was important and the team spirit in general was high. The condition of the field wasn't all that bright but we responded well to it. We passed the ball around and assimilated playing against the style that St Vincent used. The overall vibes are good and they know what they ought to do and everyone is raring to go".
    Interestingly, Sunday's games saw the group divided into two. St Vincent and Jamaica were cheering for each other and Haiti and Dominican Republic were rooting for each other.
    After Jamaica dispatched the Dominican Republic 4-1, a draw would have suited the......cont. www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/html/20090112T210000-0500_144768_OBS_JA_A_WIN_AWAY_FROM_UNDER____FINAL.asp

21. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    good luck Jamaica