The Iraqi Players Abroad Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Mussab86, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Osama continuing his brilliant form and scored directly from a corner in a 3-0 win. He better be in the final squad for our upcoming friendlies.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  2. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Bashar Rasen played nearly the entire game helping his team beat Al Sadd in the second leg of the AFC Champions League semi final. This means we'll have an Iraqi in the AFC Champions League final for the first time since Emad Muhammad & Abdul-Wahab Abu Al-Hail in 2007.

To this day no Iraqi has won the AFC Champions League so Bashar Rasen has the opportunity to be the first. Persepolis will face either Suwon Bluewings or Kashima Antlers in the final.

Yas-The-Gunner repped this.
  3. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Bashar is doing really well with Persepolis. Great to see players like him and Humam joining ACL teams and not settling for AFC Cup. The Iraqi media keeps saying Al-Zawraa will be playing ACL next season but I won't believe it until I see it lol.

By the way Abbas Obeid won the ACL with Pohang Steelers in 1998 and scored the winning penalty in the final, although it wasn't called ACL back then but technically the same competition.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Exactly. The only team that participated in recent years was Shorta in 2014. I think we still don't have the licenses for participation in ACL.

Yas-The-Gunner repped this.
  5. Teba

Teba New Member

Aug 8, 2016
    A bit late to post this but Osama won the goal of the month award in September.

[​IMG]

Suren01 repped this.
  6. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Ahmed Yasin to BK Hacken, lets hope he can replicate his form for them that he had on loan when he scored 7 in 15

7. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ali Adnan joins Vancouver Whitecaps on loan till the end of June. Not alot of options for him given the situation with Atalanta. Hope he's back in Italy next season with a team that is a good fit for him.

8. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Most important thing for him is to make minutes. Atalanta move was a complete waste. He barely played there.

9. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It was promising at first, and the games he played, he wasn't bad either. Gasperini didn't give him any opportunities to play at all, and kicked him out in a very ugly way. It's frustrating that he has to prove himself all over again to every new coach he has. With Udinese they went through so many coaches and every season was a year zero for him because the new coach never believes in him from the start. Under Oddo he looked amazing, then oddo's gone and it's back to square 1. No doubt it's because he's Iraqi and Italian coaches don't know anything about him. If he was brazilian he wouldn't have this problem.

Ali is too good for MLS, he needs to return to a top european league in the summer. He needs to be a starter, and he needs minutes sure, but he also needs to play at a high level. MLS is a joke league. It's not better than Qatar or UAE.

Iraqipower repped this.
  10. TigersOfAsia2

TigersOfAsia2 Member

Toronto Maple Leafs
    South Korea
    May 12, 2017
    Not sure if it's been talked about already, but Jiloan Hamad of Incheon United has made him self available to represent Iraq in the future.
    Capped 8 times by Sweden already.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq

Kroosinator repped this.
  12. Teba

Teba New Member

Aug 8, 2016
    Osama Rashid enjoyed a very successful season with 7 goals and 6 assists in the Portuguese top division.

Iraqilambo, Suren01 and Iraqipower repped this.
  13. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Kroosinator, Teba, Suren01 and 1 other person repped this.
  14. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Teba and Iraqilambo repped this.
  15. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Seriously disappointing move, but they are offering him a huge pay increase so that's probably a big reason for him to stay.

He's easily good enough to play in a good European league. At times he was a standout player for Udinese. Staying in a weak league like MLS is a big waste of his talent, especially since he is in his prime years now.

He used to get linked with teams like Napoli, now he's playing for one of the worst teams in MLS. lol.

Teba and Iraqipower repped this.
  16. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Mohaned Ali will play in Qatar next season with Al Duhail.

These players have zero ambition.

Teba repped this.
  17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    So disappointing from Adnan and Mimi..

Btw why don't you post in the other threads? :p We need to make the Iraqi subforum more active like we used to do in the past.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  18. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's difficult these days honestly. Don't have a lot of spare time, and it seems all the forums for Iraqi football are mostly dead. Tried making a forum on reddit and it was fine for a bit before it totally died, I'm on an Iraqi football facebook group that's mostly dead.

It's way different from the days of the aliraqi forums lol

19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    True I completely understand. Most of our guys are working fulltime or are busy with their studies.

Coming period will be exciting though. CAS trial, WCQ. We need to become more active :p

Iraqilambo repped this.
  20. Teba

Teba New Member

Aug 8, 2016
  21. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Dhurgham linked with a move back to Turkey. He would join recently promoted Denizlispor.

Good move. Better than the gulf, and hopefully he can get his career back on track after his injuries at Rizespor. He was the superior LB to Ali Adnan before Ali's move to Serie A + Dhurgham's ligament injuries.

At this point I'd rather move forward with Dhurgham as our starting LB on the national team. Ali Adnan hasn't been too great with the national team for some time and playing in MLS isn't going to help.

22. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I think these days Iraqi fans are more interested in social media rather than the old style forums. I wish the Al Iraqi forums were still up even if it wasn't active, so many discussions we had on there which have been lost :(

Shame to see Ali Adnan staying in MLS. I dont necessarily think staying in Serie A would've been great for him either though, he wasn't getting game time. Another European league would have been ideal. As for Mohanad Ali, there are too many opinions and contradictions about this deal but at the end of the day he has probably missed his chance to go to a top Europe league. He may need to have another top international tournament to get back in the minds of European teams. Anyway he can still be successful with the national team either way. Personally I see Alaa Abbas just as good as Mohanad and I hope he gets more interest rather than just from weak Saudi or Qatar teams

In other news apparently Sherko Karim will return to the Gulf and maybe to the Iraqi league. Another shame, personally I have no idea how he was doing in Europe but credit to him for giving it a go at such a young age.

23. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    This has all to do with thafaqa. Currently it's zero in Iraq and you can see it in the administrations and players.

This is maybe the best option for him. He is completely out of the picture now. Remember how hyped he was with the U17's and still no NT appearance.

24. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Strangest news of this year, and an huge surprise!!

Apparently it's Orebro and he will fly next week to complete a trial :eek:

Iraqipower repped this.
  25. Teba

Teba New Member

Aug 8, 2016
    Humam Tariq has joined Egyptian side Ismaily.

Suren01 repped this.