The Iraqi Players Abroad Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Mussab86, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    He almost made the transfer to Bursaspor this summer, only to refuse at the last moment because they wouldn't release him to the Olympics.

Humam has the attention since 2013. They are following him, and this time he confirmed it himself.

Iraqipower repped this.
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Ali Adnan will most likely move to the Bundesliga. The rumours that he will play in the Serie B are NOT true.

Source: Tutto Mercatoweb

Iraqipower repped this.
  3. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    It looks like he's in Turkey at the moment, because of his social media posts. Any chance of a move there?

4. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    He's probably gonna go to Besiktas youth team [emoji23]

5. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I think he was on his way to Baghdad. I don't see him moving back to Turkey.

6. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Humam has apparently agreed to a deal with a turkish 2nd division club.....

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    #607 Suren01, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Latest transfer news:

• Mohannad is back to Zawraa after his contract ended with Al-Nasr
    • Ali Husni got an offer from Al-Muharraq (Bahrain)
    • Mustafa Nadhim got an offer from Umm Salal (Qatar)
    • Humam denies the move to the Turkish club

8. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Ayman Hussein got an offer from Al-Khor (Qatar)

9. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    BREAKING: Ali Adnan will most likely move to Besiktas!!

Great move. Besiktas are contenders for CL/Europa League almost every season.

Iraqipower repped this.
  10. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Only source is tutto mercato who just post anything.

11. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Saad Abdul Amir has joined Al Ahli Jeddah

Saef Salman moved to Al Suweeq in Oman - Hakeem Shakir's team.

Iraqipower repped this.
  12. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Is Saad a loan? Or permanent? Because a week back they were saying it was going to be a loan.

13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Permanent

Iraqipower repped this.
  14. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    "transfer will be completed in a short period of time while Beşiktaş is said to be in contact with the Italians." (fanatik.com.tr)

15. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    They are reporting what tuttomercato reported.

We'll see, but it would be a bad idea for him to move back to turkey. If he can, he should try and find a new team in Serie A or look for a move to another top league. Besiktas are good, but the Turkish league is a huge step down from Italy.

16. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'd rather have Adnan at a top club in Turkey, capable of making the EL and CL regularly, than having him play once in a while at a mid table club in Italy.

That is if he gets the starter spot in the team. If not, it would be a bad move.

17. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He would be competing with Adriano (the former Barca player), Tosic and Erkin. I personally think he's good enough to start for them, but it wouldn't be easy.

CL/EL is nice, but playing and training in a top league is a lot better IMO. Besiktas is a big club but the turkish league is not good enough beyond the top 3 teams and that will hurt his development.

If he was to join a team at the level of Sampdoria or Genoa and play often (which he is certainly good enough to do), it would be a much better move that Besiktas IMO.

Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.
  18. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    At this point he should simply choose the best option that guarantees him playtime. Personally I'd love to see him in the Premier League but at this point that is nothing more than a dream.

19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    For me personally I want our players to play at top divisions (that is very important). I'd rather have a guy like Yaser playing for Al-Ahli than Swindon Town, and I'm not joking.

Second, I want them to be starters and their team must be mid table at least. Turkish league is at a decent level, and if he can make impact in an European competition, big clubs will notice him. Look at Azmoun and Rostov. He is linked to Liverpool now.

If Besiktas can guarantee that Adnan will be a starter, I will be completely fine with it.

Iraqipower repped this.
  20. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    I think they like using Tosic better as a CB, i believe Erkin is injured, adriano usually alternates between LM/LB. It still won't be easily to displace any of them that quickly. But he definitely can, he has the quality.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  21. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Latest rumours suggest that Adnan is moving to either Palermo or Lille.

22. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Again it's tuttomercato which is the source so question mark about the truthfulness of the report, but if this is true I'd prefer he avoids Palermo which is a team going downhill and will probably be relegated. Add in an insane owner and it's not a good place for Ali Adnan. I'd rather see him at Lille. They are more stable and Ligue 1 might help him get new experience and develop further with a fresh start. Lille also have some decent and experienced players which would benefit Ali Adnan.

Let's wait and see what happens. Ideally, I'd like to see him stay in Serie A with a mid-table team, but as long as he is playing in a top league then I'm happy.

23. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Hopefully he actually gets a move. These rumours start and then die off after 1-2 days.

24. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think that's because mostly the rumours are BS. Once we get some news directly from his agent then we can think about a potential transfer. So far all the rumours are from the same source (tuttomercato). They post rumours about Ali Adnan every window, and it's always something different. Last summer they said he was leaving Udinese, this winter they started by saying he'd be going to Serie B, then they switch to Besiktas, now he's apparently between Lille and Palermo.

The only actual facts we have are that Udinese's management think a transfer would be in Ali's best interest, and that his agent said that Ali will not go to Serie B and Germany is a possibility. Other than that we have nothing to go on.

25. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraqfpg (reliable source) reports that Ali Adnan is moving to Sporting CP, one of the top teams in Portugal, and that his move will be announced on Monday.