The (international ) politics thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just finished watching a very good film, "Forever Pure" about the Jerusalem based football team Beitar. They are the one team in Israel that had not had any Arab players until 2012 when the owner transferred in two Chechnyan players. The club's supporters rose up against the team and started to boycott the home matches. I don't know if it is available for viewing in other countries. Website about the film is here: http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/forever-pure/ Well worth watching!!

2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The hatred Jews and Arabs have for each other is on another level.
    Its similar to the Croats and the Serbs.

Back in 2008 we had a Euro party and the girls brought their boyfriends of which one was Serb, and the other a Croat. We literally had to keep them separate or they wouldve attacked and bludgeoned each other to death.

Middle-east operates on same type of hate, if not worse

Orange14 repped this.
  3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #53 Brilliant Dutch, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    A tram ride through 1919 Groningen:

scott47a and Teak repped this.
  4. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Cool video! Thanks for posting.

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  6. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lets light some candles, call some people islamophobes and go about our daily lives.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bomb was fairly sophisticated. 1 suspect arrested in Manchester.
    Could be a large terror cell behind this

8. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    35 innocents died today in Syria because of USA bombs.

The USA recognized having killed 354 innocent people since 2014 but a lot of cases are still in investigations and we are rather talking about thousands.

This is just for the USA...Russia is also doing a quite good job at killing civilians.

Orange14 repped this.
  9. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
  10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Jesus. Lay off the koolaid.

11. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Most of them family members of Isis fighters. That's the trouble with fighting terrorist organizations, they're not armies. They live and hide amongst civilians.

BTW, how many innocent civilians in Syria have been killed by native (Muslim) Syrians?

12. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    A lot of anti muslims are doubting about this one too. You can be objective. There are clear arguments to make people to doubt, it's not about crazy coincidences, forget about the number 22 if you want, but just look at this :

13. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    The Paris attacks and many other were real for sure, you have many witnesses but in this case you have none. Only people telling you that they were at the concert, saw people screaming and heard about the bomb rumour so started running and screaming as well. The video looks everything but like a terror scene. How can those people stay calm and walk slowly? The first thing I would think about if I was in a real terror scene is to get away. Because there might be other bombs coming. I wouldn't stay and walk relaxed along dead and injured bodies. There's no material damage at all in the video.

You know in this case you need only 50 people maybe to act and make the world believe there was a bomb. Not more. Nobody is saying that the thousands of people present in the concert + Ariana Grande were acting and aware of the hoax.

14. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There is no need to hoax when Muslim are lining up to blow themselves up.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  16. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How do you know that for sure??

18. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Imagine a vaccum tube of hundreds of kilometers where any fault in the system can kill anyone within it. Imagine heat expansion. Or sabotage (terrorism).

Sure research into the subject is interesting and will produce valuable scientific knowledge. But I don't believe for a second that the current hyperloop idea is even close to feasible.

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Terrorism we already have now anyways, anyone can blow up an airplane, subway train, bus or any other form of transportation. Ditto for accidents.

The challenges you mentioned I believe will be overcome to a large degree. Will it be perfect, no of course not because nothing manmade is ever perfect. But IMO Hyperloops are the way of the future and will solve many problems such as traffic jams, pollution, crammed cities (if you can get to your Amsterdam job in 30 minutes while living in Limburg, then why not??).....etc..etc.

I think you're being too negative, JC

20. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Difference being that breaking a piece of track doesn't kill everyone on every train that's on that track.

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They could easily build some type of emergency braking system. Yes some people would die, but we already have that problem now with any other transportation system.

I think Hyperloops will eventually work, the positives outweigh the negatives

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  23. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #73 JC-14, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Its not about stopping the capsule. It's about the pressure wave resulting from breaking the vaccuum that would destroy all the capsules in the tube and everyone in it.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-biggest-challenges-to-and-feasibility-of-Elon-Musks-Hyperloop

This one is actually much better.

Also, watch the video I posted earlier.

24. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ariana-grande-visits-fan-10-10550253

Part of the hoax?

25. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Well if you consider Ariana Grande doesnt know it's a hoax and is visiting a girl who has been asked to act and was at the hospital for another reason, the hoax theory is still working.

I feel the only way to know would be to ask those people working in hospitals where the victims went. We're talking about 119 people, probably dispersed in 3 or 4 hospitals. So the only way to know would be checking if injured people were hospitalized or not.