The International leave thread

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here is a thread in which we can discuss our players out on international leave.

2. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    ******** international duty, ruined Napoli season

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is true....

4. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    reina made a fool of himself against england. rog has more playing time for croatia than napoli this season. mertens with a world class display for belgium while insigne is still a joke for n0t getting playing time in such a shitty italian attack (not that he deserves it).

5. Star-Lord

Star-Lord Member+

Aug 10, 2014
    Uranus
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  6. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    How is it possible that Rog gets playing time in a stacked Croatia midfield but can't get on the field for Napoli? Does the coach Sarri not rate him or trust him tactically maybe?

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Are you implying our midfield is weak? :) It's our strongest line, getting playing time there won't be easy for most players... He came in late so he isn't integrated into the team just yet.

InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  8. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Rog is more of a winger/striker in this team

Now with Gabbiadini being dog shit, I have no idea why we didn't at least try Rog as a false 9 instead of watching Mertens be on/off and Gabbiadini be worthless

9. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    #9 cromagnum, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    No midfield is strong like Croatia. I don't think it should take 3 months to get integrated with the team so makes me think something else is going on. Rog was asked what is going on in Napoli he said he didn't know. Coach has told him he will play soon about a month ago but still has not played him. Rog says he will continue to train hard and wait for his chance. Kid can play no doubt just needs a chance as he has already shown his quality in a very good Croatia national team. A January loan deal would probably be best for both club and player as it looks like Sarri has no intention of playing him at all. Rog for me is more talented then Kovacic and Brozovic.

10. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Idk how Croatia plays but let me tell you adjusting to Serie A is the absolutely the toughest objective a player can face. Even in it's poor condition it remains the most tactically diverse and challenging around the world. Rog comes from Croatia and from the best team in Croatia so no offense but all they really need to do is send out there best players can they can get the win in their league. Rog is really promising, but so is Diawara, Zielinski, and Jorginho. The other 3 mentioned have Serie A experience which ranks them higher, not to mention Serie A stars Hamsik and to a lesser extent Allan who is extremely underrated.

He came on today vs Inter and replaced Hamsik to play in the midfield 3, and he showed good signs. Seems like a fighter so similar to Allan in that regard but also has good speed and dribbling abilities from the looks of it so similar to Zielinski in that regard as well (although Zielinski is better at dribbling). Rog will definitely get more playing time and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays more against weaker teams because it gives us a different dimension than Allan. Him and Allan will probably not be on at the same time

Sacki repped this.
  11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Knowledge dropped.

12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    if belotti is worth 100 million how much is insigne worth then?

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    These guys aren't worth these prices. Yet people make fun of me for saying K2 could go for a 100mil

Sacki repped this.
  14. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ciro is the weak link for Italy, there must be someone better for that trequartista postition. Even totti would do better than him.

i can see them as a serious contender for the world cup if they manage to find a very good player for ciro's position

cipro repped this.
  15. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli

Zielinski had a great game for poland the other day, kids really turning into a superstar. We need to tie him down before he gets recognised by other teams.
    That video also shows he can take corners, so him and mertens have gotten assists of corners in their int'l games. Makes you wonder why Sarri sticks with ghoulam and callejon, despite time after time taking awful corners. Ghoulam for one keeps hammering them close to the near post which never works

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #16 Sacki, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Both the headers of those two goals were far greater than the crosses. lewandowski and fellaini both rank in the top 5 headers in europe imo. Ghoulams crosses are so hard to perform especially given how consistant he is with them, a lot of people in here think his corners are shit let me tell you theyre not - the problem is we dont have enough overall threats on set pieces so we are easy to close down regardless of the crosses coming in. Sarri watches these players take corners all day
    Maybe ghoulam himself should be in the box with his 6'2? right now only albiol and k2 need marking on crossess. thats 2vs11 on corners and 2vs14 on corners vs juventus

17. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Good point but we have like a man-beast in k2, why don't we try just aiming for him. Ghoulams corners aren't too bad for what he's instructed to do, but maybe its the instructions that need changing. Because he fizzes them in too close to the keeper imo, as if we're relying on a lucky bounce to get us a goal

Sacki repped this.
  18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He wins a good amount if I remember correctly he just misses the target :)

cipro and Retrosword repped this.
  19. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    This is so true. I wish K2 can really add this to his game.

20. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    DDR and veratti have been awful against spain, will jorgy ever get called up?:eek:

21. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Jorgy wouldn't have made any difference, this was all on Ventura for playing a 2 man midfield against one of the most technical teams in the world.

22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #22 Sacki, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Jorginho is better at intercepting passes than DDR and veratti because he reads the opponent better and he's better in pressured situations. saying he wouldnt make a difference is weird to hear coming from a napoli fan, imagine what jorginho could do with that defence and those legs around him. He'd be the new Pirlo in terms of keeping things flowing for Italy but noooo he doesnt even get called up. Verrati is worse playing so deep and DDR is becoming a dinosaur.

I dont like ventura either. never understood how players like gabbiadini and eder +more get called up - imo they have no use. Ciro shouldnt start over a proper midfielder either and if they're gonna play like that I dont understand they dont play Lorenzo central in a free role like isco has.

I fear a humiliation in the next world cup.

23. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    let Italy fail, they are just an arm for FIGC to boost Giuve players value

Sacki repped this.
  24. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He'd make a difference for Italy but just not in this exact game. Replacing jorginho for de rossi wouldn't have stopped isco and co from running the midfield, and he wouldn't have had enough of the ball to distribute play well (being paired with someone as pedestrian as verratti wouldn't help too). If Italy revert back to a 3 man midfield, I'd like to se jorgy and diawara get some game time.

Sacki repped this.
  25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yh I agree with everything but I might argue that in body count numbers they played a 4 man midfield, regardless not a very good perfomance not because spain scored 3 because isco is the best player in the world atm, but because they couldnt score a single goal against spains gift shop defence.

Forgot about diawara, hes gonna be big for italy

Retrosword repped this.