The Impeachment Pool

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by American Brummie, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags:
?

On what day (of the month of which year) does the U.S. House of Representatives vote - on the floor

1. On or Before January 20, 2018

8.7%
  2. On or Before January 20, 2019

23.9%
  3. On or Before January 20, 2020

10.9%
  4. On or Before January 20, 2021

7.6%
  5. None of the Above - Donald Trump finishes out one or two terms of office

48.9%
  1. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Auriaprottu repped this.
  3. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't bet when there's a certain outcome. Makes it unfair.

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  6. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    How much sillier is this than jellybeans in the Oval Office?

I can maybe --maybe-- see A1 if said steak is at Waffle House and there are eggs accompanying it. But ketchup is out of the question. IMO even most truckstop-level cuts deserve to be eaten with just a bit of pepper.

7. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even truck-stop level steak should be tender enough that the only sauce required naturally comes from the steak while you eat it. Because it would be cooked to 130 degrees.

8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, but I really, REALLY like A1 on eggs. And I have a leftover childhood habit of putting a bit of everything on each forkful.

9. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Maybe in your country, but in America you are free to eat steak however you like.

10. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe for now you are, but if our "Servant of Allah" had his way, he would take a page out of Lil Kim's book of acceptable haircuts, and legally require everyone (including those commie vegans) to eat their steak like that....or else.

dapip repped this.
  11. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this. This current administration, in general, has shown a disregard for how sensitive information is used, and how it should be kept private and taken seriously. There is a general safety issue the IC is dealing with (among their own people, and the US as well) and will take to task, legally, those who dismissed what they do and their procedures to keep the people who those things safe.

dapip repped this.
  12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This should not be the case.

No cow-made stake should ever be eaten in America again.

[​IMG]

13. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ewww

luftmensch, roby and dapip repped this.
  14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The steaks are high!!!

luftmensch, song219 and roby repped this.
  15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are y'all certain you want Trump out of the White House?

16. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Yes, I am.

Boloni86 repped this.
  17. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Absolutely.

Pence or Ryan would be better and Hatch might be much better...

Boloni86 and dapip repped this.
  18. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Won't somebody think of the stand up comics and late-night talkshow monolog writers?

song219 and flowergirl repped this.
  19. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the new collective bargaining agreement, I want to make sure the writers actually have to work.

(On a more serious note, I'm still up in the air about that - Not sure if I want a resignation/impeachment before the first term ends...thus elevating who ever is second.)

20. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    People have been burned at them occasionally! I'm with Nutter on this one although I do enjoy Veal Parmesan and Veal Oscar as frequently as possible. Calves aren't cows yet...are they? :cautious:

21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Trump, OTOH, is in a better position to permanently cripple the
    This.

Same GOP, same agenda, same Congress, same current mentality among Americans in general and Trump supporters in particular... all guided by a much more competent and experienced politician (who tf ever it ends up being, if it comes to that). Essentially, GOP business as usual, but with individual acts of now-enabled bigotry thrown in for good measure. A Pence administration would respond to Obama's presidency with the same bitterness that Trump's has. They're ALL salty. That how Trump got here. And the rage his sympathizers would go into if he was removed would be dangerous to many, including White people.

With Trump, we do indeed have a show to watch, and that show could possibly cripple the GOP for a good while if he can get ALL of us into the sort of catastrophic disaster that's going to happen to POCs anyhow (that will be Trump's lasting legacy no matter when he leaves).

song219, Dr. Wankler and spejic repped this.
  22. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Impeachment trials last months. The fallout lasts years. There's almost no downside to starting it sooner. After Trump would leave, Pence would be faced with "what did you know and why didn't you do anything" questions. If he plays dumb, then he'd be treated as a laughingstock. An impeachment would sweep both houses, leaving Pence a lame duck and subject to two more years of witch hunts. Then Democrats retake the White House while the GOP tries in vain to find a candidate the Trumpistas will support and isn't tainted by the impeachment.

It'll take them a decade to recover.

luftmensch, song219 and dapip repped this.
  23. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Democrats in Congress have no power here. If you start at the top Fox will be able to spin it, Republicans will be able to stand together, Democrats will look impotent, and any trials after that will look like sour grapes by biased investigators that need to be purged.

You need to destroy Trump's support system first, show that the whole administration is a den of thieves. Wait for the investigations to play out, wait for the follow-on investigations to play out. Don't go after a single man, go after a whole worldview. You want to constitutionally remove the vote from Trump voters? Make them so embarrassed they voted for the guy they never vote again. And it will take time and a barrage of incontrovertible facts to make that happen.

dapip, soccernutter and Boloni86 repped this.
  24. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a lot of similarities between Racking (Russian Hacking - Racking) and Watergate, but the difference is in 1972 nobody thought the President would be involved, or at least had direct knowledge, as far as I understand. It was even a surprise when it got inside the White House. That, I think, is one of the reasons why so many were able to be picked off before Nixon. Times have changed. Reagan knew about Iran-Contra. Clinton had his issues. Bush and Valerie Plame. Obama seems to have flown a bit under the radar in this regard, but the idea that the President doesn't know is not possible anymore. Thus everybody is excited to get the President without seeing who else knew and what they knew. I agree that is a better way to go, far more comprehensive. Pull the foundation out and let the statue fall on it's own accord rather than trying a pull the statue down first.

I'm interested in this Muller investigation because I think there will be some cabinet people picked off as well.

25. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    There were certainly a lot of people who didn't think Nixon could possibly be involved-- and in fact it turned out that he probably had no prior knowledge. But that was a great surprise to many of us, and was more a feature of the way Haldeman had organized his White House to keep him protected from it and it protected from him. He certainly rolled up his sleeves and got dirty as soon as he knew about it...

In other words, the people who didn't think the President would be involved were right, but only at first and only through naivete and ignorance of his normal behavior....

Dr. Wankler repped this.