The Impeachment Pool

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by American Brummie, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags:
?

On what day (of the month of which year) does the U.S. House of Representatives vote - on the floor

1. On or Before January 20, 2018

8.7%
  2. On or Before January 20, 2019

23.9%
  3. On or Before January 20, 2020

10.9%
  4. On or Before January 20, 2021

7.6%
  5. None of the Above - Donald Trump finishes out one or two terms of office

48.9%
  1. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soccernutter and dapip repped this.
  2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be clear, I was just referring to the term 'the woman' in this instance which, in the absence, of the wider context just seemed rude and lacking respect rather than an example of someone being a 'vile misogynist pig'.
    Well, yes... that was my point ;)

The specific phrase implied someone who was rude and lacked respect for women at the worst... not the 'vile misogynist pig' we all know him to be.

IOW it's wasn't the best example of what she was saying. That's all I was saying.
    What strikes me as obvious is that he almost certainly didn't even remember her name.

3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The Republican Senators Liddle's and Gentel-men...

1180170051577667585 is not a valid tweet id

sitruc repped this.
  4. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Volker is out of the Mc Cain Institute.

Deadtigers and sitruc repped this.
  5. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading some of the text between Sondland, Volker and Bill Taylor. If I was Sondland particularly, I would lawyer up quickly.
    The exchange on 9/9/19 (same day that Schiff started raising hell) is particularly revealing. The sudden change in tone (very legalese and formal unlike all the other texts) is so abrupt and bizarre that it would totally raise eyebrows. Not even subtle....

[9/1/19, 12:08:57 PM] Bill Taylor: Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations? [
    9/1/19, 12:42:29 PM] Gordon Sondland: Call me

6. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Agreed

As an ex-lawyer these are exactly the paper trails we were warned never to create

"call me" might as well say "lets take this crime discussion to burner phone"

Sondland doesn't realise he is being set up with a so-called "letter to the judge" . But you know, i have seen in adverse contract discussions where the other side will admit improper purposes in writing but then try to walk them back.

People are stupid.

Deadtigers and charlie15 repped this.
  7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soccernutter, dapip and sitruc repped this.
  8. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Now pence subpoenaed....this is great.

They are so clearly all so ********ing corrupt. It's a grand conspiracy headed by dotard himself...clear as day

Deadtigers, sitruc, charlie15 and 2 others repped this.
  9. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

sitruc repped this.
  10. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well ...well....The dam is breaking!

dapip repped this.
  11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stole this, but....

Crackpot Dome Scandal

12. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
  13. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I said it the day the transcript came out.

If people get even a sense impeachment is nailed on, the flood gates will open so wide.

Everything will come out from everywhere, not just Ukraine.

I think the tax returns are still Pandoras box.

14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    IMO Putin was getting too much heat for Russian meddling and sanctions are crippling. So earlier this year he forced Donnie to put the screws to Ukraine on military aid being tied to Biden dirt and the oranges of the DNC hacking. I can't imagine what Zelensky and his aides must've been thinking since the spring.

Deadtigers and dapip repped this.
  15. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    This amazing thread runs through all of the Volker evidence

My jaw is on the floor.

As an aside, i think it also demonstrates how Trump is easily played by the likes of Gulliani who leverage crazy conspiracies to increase their own influence outside of the Government agencies.

I have no doubt Trump actually believes the Biden/Ukraine conspiracy as the guys who framed Russia for the DNC hack. At least as much as any sociopath believes his own delusions.

Secondly, it is clear how completely Putin wins from this all this.

Funkfoot, dapip, sitruc and 1 other person repped this.
  16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Another profile on the bagman

1180303515530534914 is not a valid tweet id

sitruc and charlie15 repped this.
  17. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very good article. I am amazed that, even with the limited amount of information in the public domain, how quickly the pieces of the puzzle are falling in place.
    Now i expect soon enough to know exactly how the Ukraine help was held and who gave the order to do so.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  18. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Not so impressed with Mayo's reading of Volker's lines, tho'. To me it reads as though Volker and Taylor are Mutt and Jeffing Sondland, trying to get him to explicitly state or agree that the qpq is in force-- to get the smoking gun out of him and on record. Then just as Sondland's at the point of explaining it in words of one syllable he remembers that he is on record, and like Nixon's "but it would be wrong," he does a duck and cover with the President explicitly stated line...

19. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This dude was a no name rich man a few months ago..now his name is on top of a massive scandal. He has a nice house though....:ROFLMAO:

1180193988097331200 is not a valid tweet id

dapip repped this.
  20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    The ambassasor was getting the critical texts out there on purpose to create this paper trail. The "let's talk on the phone" text shows how worried TrumpCo was. In the olden days you went to the social club and did this stuff in the back room. Donnie is so bad at mafia-ing.

Deadtigers repped this.
  21. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Right-- but Mayo seems to be reading him as self-serving, playing both sides double agent like and I'm not seeing it-- seems to me more like he keeps dropping banana peels in front of Sondland, sort of suggesting that he might be coming around to Taylor's suspicions and needs to be disabused.

Of course only a Trumpanzee could think that "any competent adult" wouldn't suss what was happening instantly.

22. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over the past couple of years there have been a few of us who have said that Individual One and the WH is so corrupt that something will trigger the dam to open and it will all come flooding out.
    I agree, though, it is the tax returns.

But, really, regarding Ukraine, there are just so many parts to a single phone call that it is stunning. And there have got to be tapes.

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even today Trump is tweeting that the release of the call summary helped him and hurt Pelosi. He has to be surrounded by Grade A sycophants.

I mean, what is Mick Mulvaney telling him? This whole presidency has been like taking a double dose of acid, so we all sort of get used to it...but this is yet another deeply weird incident. He’s rubber room delusional.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  24. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm guessing something like "create such a big shitstorm that no one can stop it without drowning in shit and, most likely, a significant population won't be able to smell the difference. In effect it's a draw. Then, declare victory over the turds you vanquished."

russ, sitruc and dapip repped this.
  25. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Its critical to his gaslighting strategy.

Shout loud enough, long enough, and eventually people will start to believe the lies. At least, that's his thinking.

Then, planting distractions everywhere (China in this case) is the second step.

Finally, phase 3, attack in such a childish manner (like the nicknames) that people think the situation is just too unbelievable to actually be believed.