The Hangover

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by fernb8, Jul 2, 2009.

1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    must say it was a great laugh and recommended for anyone who has been on a stag/bachelor party as many parts of the film seem to be taken straight out of some of the ones I have been on or heard about.

ps: dont bring the girlfriend/fiance/wife as you will never be allowed to go on a stag/bachelor party afterwards.

2. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Than you should bring your girlfriend. It would provide a good test on determining if she's worth keeping or not.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Saw it in bad quality, so want to see it again.

4. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not only the funniest, but the downright best movie I have seen this summer. I work at a drive-in theater so I've seen every movie since April.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOdCWaTsIk"]YouTube - The Hangover - Stu's Song[/ame]

But if he's murdered by crystal meth tweakers...
    Well then we're shit out of luck!

5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    the "wake up" scene is probably one of my favourites

as we have all been there

although when Alan goes to the toilet... lmfao.

6. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    So it's this year's Pineapple Express?

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    "Remember...what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Except herpes, that shit will come back with you."

8. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Express was a good movie, but didn't live up to the hype. Of course stoners think it's the greatest thing ever (and I'll admit I've watched in on DVD quite a few times) but Hangover is better IMO.

"What should we do with the baby?"
    "Let's leave it in the room."
    "We're not going to leave a baby in the room. There's a f***ing tiger in the bathroom."

"She's wearing my grandmother's Holocaust ring!"
    "I didn't know they gave out rings at the Holocaust."

:D:D

"Black Doug" is such a funny idea and I LOL every time when he says "I'll be your Doug man I'll be your Doug." Oh and how can I forget the Asian guy... later, gay boys!

Everyone look out for a movie called "The Goods" coming out in August. Check out the [unrated] trailer, it's hilarious.

9. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Def funniest movie I have seen in awhile. Loved the baby scenes. On vacation in Orlando, saw Transformers at IMAX, yeah I thought it as that good.

10. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Transformers was pretty bad IMO. Michael Bay is finished.

11. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The box office says otherwise, and money will do all the talking,

12. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Saw the hangover with a chick. Luckily this was just her type of movie. Would have made her go even it wasn't.

The movie itself? Not life changing. Funny as heck, but it isn't the funniest thing I've seen. I picked up the vibe that word of mouth made people's reactions in the theatre a bit over the top. Because they heard it was just so damn funny, they had to really squeeze out those laughs in order to be with the in crowd.

Or maybe it was the f*cker sitting behind me who had seen the movie already. "Wait wai, wai, wai here it comes, watch watch wah.....BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!HH!H!H!H!AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU FOOL I TOLD YOAHAHAHAAAHH! Shits f*ckin funny dude!"

I was out of butterfinger bits so I really considered throwing the girl I went with right at him. She's light enough.

Experienced the same type of thing when I saw Napoleon Dynamite. HATE those people.

13. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I saw Public Enemies a couple hours ago. It's a good one.

14. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Napoleon Dynamite's the only movie I ever walked out of.

I need to see a movie. I haven't gone to one since last November.

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Walked out of ND? Really?

I watched that on a train from NYC to Philly and laughed my balls off. Then again I am older than you all and the word of mouth had never gotten to me about it. I knew nothing about it when I watched it. I nearly peed my pants.

I just think some movies, most movies, that you go into it knowing as little as possible about it.

16. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ang Lee's The Incredible Hulk, Hidalgo, and Van Helsing are the only movies I have fallen asleep to at the movies. Nver walked out on anything, even bad movies can be entertaining in their own way.

17. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Movie hype can be bad, but Dynamite was funny.

18. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dynamite had a couple moments that were hysterical, but outside of those moments I was bored out of my mind. Same with Nacho Libre which is a similair style of movie/humor.

19. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wow, comparing Nacho Libre to ND.

That shit ain't right man!

20. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Napoleon Dynamite was a lot funnier, but I thought both were the same in that they were very hit/miss. A really slow paced style of movie. Nacho Libre had like 2 really awesome moments, and Napolean had like 5-6. But I really though both were painfully slow for the most part.

21. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah. Just don't see the hype in it.

22. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you were watching the movie for hype?

23. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Most Americans are dumb enough to shell out hard-earned money to see excellent CGI robots fight for 2+ hours... they aren't worried about the total lack of plot, the horrible characters, and especially not thinking about how much Michael Bay raped the original Transformers characters. LMAO @ Bumblebee being a bad ass fighting Camaro. Anyway, opinions are like assholes and all that;)

I haven't heard a good review of Public Enemies yet. I have been avoiding seeing any of it at work and will probably go on Wednesday and truly watch it. Btw, Pixar is the only studio consistently making good movies. They have a 100% record (10/10 dating back to Toy Story almost 15 years ago now!) and Up has continued that tradition this summer. Wall-E and Ratatouille remain two of the best summer movies that I have seen in the last 5 years... that's embarrassing for the rest of Hollywood. In actually thinking about it, Up might be the "worst" of the bunch. I do have fears about next summer's Toy Story 3 though... I simply don't see what they could do to do that franchise proper justice.

Did I just type a paragraph about Pixar movies?:p

24. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's good.

25. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    But is it enthralling? There hasn't been a movie that's blown me away since Saving Private Ryan. The only great movies to come out since then have all been comedies IMO.